A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"A shout that corrupted Alduin"

Vuldunir
October 18, 2019

Drem Yol Lok, Zeymah.

Disclaimer: Evil Dovahkiin POV

So I was thinking, if there was something that has driven Alduin to becoming what he is (or rather was), it was a shout. As Arngeir suggests - "When you learn a shout, you accept it essence into yourself. In a way, you become the shout". Let's remember the understanding  of Yol, as suggested by Paarthurnax, - power, strength, what will you burn, what will you spare, in other words it's the fire of ambition.

No doubt, as the first of the dovah, Alduin has had enough time to think on the meaning of the words to deepen his strength. When you are an immortal being who has existed before Mundus and everything on it, I think words like Yol resonate with you even more.

And so my suggestion is this - Alduin, in his pursuit for more power, figured out a shout, and also accepted it as part of him, that would make most of the dovah his lasting allies, if not slaves. You can Bend Wills of many, and yet it simply means that they've accepted your Thu'um as superior. With Alduin, he needed the dov to understand what he portrays as being Dov - to dominate all the lesser beings of Lein. 

Ha Kreh Yol "Mind Bending Fire", a shout to break the wills of those who aim to become Thur and recognize your claim as the Successor of Alduin.

by Vuldunir
October 18, 2019

Drem Yol Lok, Zeymah.

Disclaimer: Evil Dovahkiin POV

So I was thinking, if there was something that has driven Alduin to becoming what he is (or rather was), it was a shout. As Arngeir suggests - "When you learn a shout, you accept it essence into yourself. In a way, you become the shout". Let's remember the understanding  of Yol, as suggested by Paarthurnax, - power, strength, what will you burn, what will you spare, in other words it's the fire of ambition.

No doubt, as the first of the dovah, Alduin has had enough time to think on the meaning of the words to deepen his strength. When you are an immortal being who has existed before Mundus and everything on it, I think words like Yol resonate with you even more.

And so my suggestion is this - Alduin, in his pursuit for more power, figured out a shout, and also accepted it as part of him, that would make most of the dovah his lasting allies, if not slaves. You can Bend Wills of many, and yet it simply means that they've accepted your Thu'um as superior. With Alduin, he needed the dov to understand what he portrays as being Dov - to dominate all the lesser beings of Lein. 

Ha Kreh Yol "Mind Bending Fire", a shout to break the wills of those who aim to become Thur and recognize your claim as the Successor of Alduin.

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 18, 2019

I don't think this is very likely myself. All dragons possess the image desire to dominate. Humans as a part of their religion readily submitted to them

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Dragon_War

I think with time this only became stronger. They truly believe they are superior to humans and have the right to rule. Certainly you are right it didn't happen overnight.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 18, 2019

I don't think this is very likely myself. All dragons possess the image desire to dominate. Humans as a part of their religion readily submitted to them

I think with time this only became stronger. They truly believe they are superior to humans and have the right to rule. Certainly you are right it didn't happen overnight.

Vuldunir
October 18, 2019
Sonaak Kroinlah

And where did all the other dragons get this image of superiority? From their Wuth Zeymah, Alduin. It's only logical.

by Vuldunir
October 18, 2019
Sonaak Kroinlah

And where did all the other dragons get this image of superiority? From their Wuth Zeymah, Alduin. It's only logical.

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 18, 2019

Akatosh made them with the desire to dominate. As for their superiority complex? That come from being more powerful than humans and humans idolising them.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 18, 2019

Akatosh made them with the desire to dominate. As for their superiority complex? That come from being more powerful than humans and humans idolising them.

Vuldunir
October 18, 2019

I don't think it's the case. Only if Akatosh is himself an arrogant, self-absorbed peice of dirt. Looking at Paarthurnax and Dovahzul in the Way of the Voice, I don't think it's the case. That leaves us with few logical conclusions, one of which being the one I've described.

by Vuldunir
October 18, 2019

I don't think it's the case. Only if Akatosh is himself an arrogant, self-absorbed peice of dirt. Looking at Paarthurnax and Dovahzul in the Way of the Voice, I don't think it's the case. That leaves us with few logical conclusions, one of which being the one I've described.

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 18, 2019

He didn't intend them to go down the path they did but we know for certain it's an inmate part of all dov, including dragonborn. Why he gave them that, we can't say. And of course the desire and ones attitude towards it can take many forms I think.

"Evil" shouts may be a contributor but I doubt it here. Certainly if there were a specific one we'd know about it.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 18, 2019

He didn't intend them to go down the path they did but we know for certain it's an inmate part of all dov, including dragonborn. Why he gave them that, we can't say. And of course the desire and ones attitude towards it can take many forms I think.

"Evil" shouts may be a contributor but I doubt it here. Certainly if there were a specific one we'd know about it.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.