A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A 2019 Dovahzul Christmas

1  2 > >>  

Zinrahzul
October 19, 2019

PHASE 2 - Recording

Just like last year (link to thread and songs below), I'd like to see if we can record some Dovahzul Christmas songs! We'll need to write the songs -- Dovahzul-translated Christmas season songs, then we'll record them. Interested? I want to get the songs out by mid-December if possible. Very important - we're not going for "professional artist" recording quality, but "friends having fun singing Christmas songs" recording quality, so don't be afraid to contribute! We had three total contributors for song ideas and two contributors for recording last year -- hopefully this year we'll one-up this!

https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/sets/dovahzul-christmas-songs-2018

https://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=1882

I'm opening this up for anyone who wants to volunteer. Anyone interested?

Schedule: October to mid-November - Song Ideas and translations; mid-November mid-December - Recording; Release - Around Christmas!

PHASE 2 IN PROGRESS: Test audio for the songs...

PHASE 1 COMPLETE:

Song List: Carol of the Bells, 12 Days of Christmas, White Christmas, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, We Wish You A Merry Christmas

(Songs from last year: Rudolph Red-Nose Reindeer, What Child Is This?, O Come All Ye Faithful, We Three Kings)

by Zinrahzul
October 19, 2019

PHASE 2 - Recording

Just like last year (link to thread and songs below), I'd like to see if we can record some Dovahzul Christmas songs! We'll need to write the songs -- Dovahzul-translated Christmas season songs, then we'll record them. Interested? I want to get the songs out by mid-December if possible. Very important - we're not going for "professional artist" recording quality, but "friends having fun singing Christmas songs" recording quality, so don't be afraid to contribute! We had three total contributors for song ideas and two contributors for recording last year -- hopefully this year we'll one-up this!

https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/sets/dovahzul-christmas-songs-2018

https://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=1882

I'm opening this up for anyone who wants to volunteer. Anyone interested?

Schedule: October to mid-November - Song Ideas and translations; mid-November mid-December - Recording; Release - Around Christmas!

PHASE 2 IN PROGRESS: Test audio for the songs...

PHASE 1 COMPLETE:

Song List: Carol of the Bells, 12 Days of Christmas, White Christmas, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, We Wish You A Merry Christmas

(Songs from last year: Rudolph Red-Nose Reindeer, What Child Is This?, O Come All Ye Faithful, We Three Kings)

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 19, 2019

Song ideas:

Jingle bells? And it's pretty brutal but Silent Night is a classic.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 19, 2019

Song ideas:

Zinrahzul
October 19, 2019
Sonaak Kroinlah

Song ideas:

For the parts where people have issues with range, you can always do harmony because I can design the harmony to be lower than the highest note and higher than the lowest note. For this, I'll record the harmony part for anyone who might want to try.

by Zinrahzul
October 19, 2019
Sonaak Kroinlah

Song ideas:

For the parts where people have issues with range, you can always do harmony because I can design the harmony to be lower than the highest note and higher than the lowest note. For this, I'll record the harmony part for anyone who might want to try.

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 19, 2019

I don't fully understand but that sounds like a brilliant plan.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 19, 2019

I don't fully understand but that sounds like a brilliant plan.

Vuldunir
October 20, 2019

I have a fairly deep voice, if you need one.

by Vuldunir
October 20, 2019

I have a fairly deep voice, if you need one.

Zinrahzul
October 20, 2019

The more voices, the better! The sound we're going for is something like "friends in a bar singing pretty well, ok".
EDIT: Updated first post with song ideas... anyone?

by Zinrahzul
October 20, 2019

The more voices, the better! The sound we're going for is something like "friends in a bar singing pretty well, ok".
EDIT: Updated first post with song ideas... anyone?

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 21, 2019

I remember you mentioning Alduin is coming last year. Still sounds hilarious. Let's definitely do that.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 21, 2019

I remember you mentioning Alduin is coming last year. Still sounds hilarious. Let's definitely do that.

Zinrahzul
October 21, 2019
Sonaak Kroinlah

Will do, then! I don't remember if I had an idea for that song or if I have words written. I'll have to check...

(Lol) During a work meeting I came up with a rough draft for "Carol of the Bells" - "Lovaassedwiin" Check it out and let me know what you think! Definitely a lot of "lovaas" in the song, but see for yourself:

https://pastebin.com/b1CLQSbu

by Zinrahzul
October 21, 2019
Sonaak Kroinlah

Will do, then! I don't remember if I had an idea for that song or if I have words written. I'll have to check...

(Lol) During a work meeting I came up with a rough draft for "Carol of the Bells" - "Lovaassedwiin" Check it out and let me know what you think! Definitely a lot of "lovaas" in the song, but see for yourself:

https://pastebin.com/b1CLQSbu

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 21, 2019

I can't really judge as I don't know the original song but seems good to me.

Speaking of, I should learn said original. :)

Edit: I've had a listen. I love the drama of it. It is astoundingly high tho! 

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 21, 2019

Zinrahzul
October 31, 2019
Sonaak Kroinlah

We can always sing in a lower key!

Ok, I was messing around with lyrics and I think "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" is definitely doable. I have ideas for "Dovahkiin is..." and "Alduin is..."

I'll record samples of all these songs, by the way -- so you can get an idea of what they'll sound like...

by Zinrahzul
October 31, 2019
Sonaak Kroinlah

We can always sing in a lower key!

Ok, I was messing around with lyrics and I think "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" is definitely doable. I have ideas for "Dovahkiin is..." and "Alduin is..."

I'll record samples of all these songs, by the way -- so you can get an idea of what they'll sound like...

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 1, 2019

Excellent, thanks. I look forward to hearing\seeing them. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 1, 2019

Excellent, thanks. I look forward to hearing\seeing them. :)

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 12, 2019

I've learnt most of the lyrics to "lovaassedwiin" now. Is there any chance of getting a practice version so I can learn to sing it in time\tune? :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 12, 2019

I've learnt most of the lyrics to "lovaassedwiin" now. Is there any chance of getting a practice version so I can learn to sing it in time\tune? :)

Zinrahzul
November 12, 2019

Lol! I've had "issues" with getting free recording time (spending time with family :) ). I've figured out WHEN I need to practice and record (mornings) -- I just need to implement it!

by Zinrahzul
November 12, 2019

Lol! I've had "issues" with getting free recording time (spending time with family :) ). I've figured out WHEN I need to practice and record (mornings) -- I just need to implement it!

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 12, 2019

Whenever you're ready. :) Do you have lyrics for any of the other songs?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 12, 2019

Whenever you're ready. :) Do you have lyrics for any of the other songs?

Zinrahzul
December 4, 2019

Schedule's really skewed to December, but I'm still working on this. I think I have "Carol of the Bells", "White Christmas", Dovahzul lyrics down. I should have "Dovahkiin Is Coming To Town" down very soon. Expect sample tracks soon (in a day or two). I might do a couple of keys (high and low) to see what people can sing. We'll get this done!!!

by Zinrahzul
December 4, 2019

Schedule's really skewed to December, but I'm still working on this. I think I have "Carol of the Bells", "White Christmas", Dovahzul lyrics down. I should have "Dovahkiin Is Coming To Town" down very soon. Expect sample tracks soon (in a day or two). I might do a couple of keys (high and low) to see what people can sing. We'll get this done!!!

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.