Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Revise Dovahzul Canon Memrise Course

Malkaaz
February 1, 2020

I have been learning Dovahzul with the memrise course made by Nol, and I notice it has some problems. Most of them are minor, like that synonymous words don't have some indication for which variation it is.

Also, the descriptions are somewhat dull, and I hope to change that. I would also make further use of the notes when introduced to new words. I would likely keep the sections that words are contained in, like the category "Basic Words". The only thing I wouldn't do is make audio clips for them.

Just wondering if this would help some people, and if it's worth the trouble to do so.

Thanks, Malkaaz

by Malkaaz
February 1, 2020

I have been learning Dovahzul with the memrise course made by Nol, and I notice it has some problems. Most of them are minor, like that synonymous words don't have some indication for which variation it is.

Also, the descriptions are somewhat dull, and I hope to change that. I would also make further use of the notes when introduced to new words. I would likely keep the sections that words are contained in, like the category "Basic Words". The only thing I wouldn't do is make audio clips for them.

Just wondering if this would help some people, and if it's worth the trouble to do so.

Thanks, Malkaaz

Liis
Administrator
February 1, 2020
I don't see anything wrong with improving the course, but this is something that would only be officially implemented by the owner of the site, paarthurnax. You could try to send him an email at [email protected], but he is rarely seen here, so I don't know how the response time is.

That said, you could always just post a link to your course in a thread for the time being.
by Liis
February 1, 2020
I don't see anything wrong with improving the course, but this is something that would only be officially implemented by the owner of the site, paarthurnax. You could try to send him an email at [email protected], but he is rarely seen here, so I don't know how the response time is.

That said, you could always just post a link to your course in a thread for the time being.

Malkaaz
February 1, 2020
Liis
I don't see anything wrong with improving the course, but this is something that would only be officially implemented by the owner of the site, paarthurnax. You could try to send him an email at [email protected], but he is rarely seen here, so I don't know how the response time is. That said, you could always just post a link to your course in a thread for the time being.

Okay, I will begin creating the new course soon.

by Malkaaz
February 1, 2020
Liis
I don't see anything wrong with improving the course, but this is something that would only be officially implemented by the owner of the site, paarthurnax. You could try to send him an email at [email protected], but he is rarely seen here, so I don't know how the response time is. That said, you could always just post a link to your course in a thread for the time being.

Okay, I will begin creating the new course soon.

Sonaak Kroinlah
February 2, 2020

I would strongly suggest adding audio since pronunciation is often confusing for new learners. Actually, improved audio would make it much more of an upgrade since the current one has a lot of things missing and mistakes regarding word stress.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
February 2, 2020

I would strongly suggest adding audio since pronunciation is often confusing for new learners. Actually, improved audio would make it much more of an upgrade since the current one has a lot of things missing and mistakes regarding word stress.

Malkaaz
February 4, 2020
Sonaak Kroinlah

I'll see what I can do.

by Malkaaz
February 4, 2020
Sonaak Kroinlah

I'll see what I can do.

Muddic
June 15, 2020
I kind of like the dull descriptions. Making the descriptions complete makes them long or unclear. And doing them wrong because of a dull description is really memorable, exactly achieving the goal.
by Muddic
June 15, 2020
I kind of like the dull descriptions. Making the descriptions complete makes them long or unclear. And doing them wrong because of a dull description is really memorable, exactly achieving the goal.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.