Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Any suggestions for listening practice?

Norokah
July 26, 2021

I get quickly overwhelmed at anything approaching a conversational pace when I try to listen to Dovahzul. Besides game dialogue and official music, does anyone have suggestions for things I could listen to in order to strengthen my aural comprehension? Probably a long shot, especially in 2021, but are there any YouTube dialogues anyone has been able to find, or something along those lines?

by Norokah
July 26, 2021

I get quickly overwhelmed at anything approaching a conversational pace when I try to listen to Dovahzul. Besides game dialogue and official music, does anyone have suggestions for things I could listen to in order to strengthen my aural comprehension? Probably a long shot, especially in 2021, but are there any YouTube dialogues anyone has been able to find, or something along those lines?

Norokah
August 18, 2021

Here are some cool things I've found since I made this post, for anyone that comes by later:

• The audio category from the Master Dovahzul wordpress site has a bunch of listening practice, ranging from a nice poem inspired by the beach to word wall readings and short passages with a variety of difficulties.
  • The "Diary of a Dragonborn" Tumblr has an immersive listening exercise with the premise of becoming a court scribe! Sadly, I can't find a continuation past episode one.
  • The fanmade song "Vokul Fen Mah" features the second half in Dovahzul, and feels pretty awesome to sing along to in the car.
by Norokah
August 18, 2021

Here are some cool things I've found since I made this post, for anyone that comes by later:

• The audio category from the Master Dovahzul wordpress site has a bunch of listening practice, ranging from a nice poem inspired by the beach to word wall readings and short passages with a variety of difficulties.
  • The "Diary of a Dragonborn" Tumblr has an immersive listening exercise with the premise of becoming a court scribe! Sadly, I can't find a continuation past episode one.
  • The fanmade song "Vokul Fen Mah" features the second half in Dovahzul, and feels pretty awesome to sing along to in the car.

Sonaak Kroinlah
August 21, 2021

If you want more music you can navigate from Master Dovahzul to a bunch of Christmas carols done in the dragon language. I also have access to an audio reading that never got published of one of the short stories on there if you run out of the practice stuff.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
August 21, 2021

If you want more music you can navigate from Master Dovahzul to a bunch of Christmas carols done in the dragon language. I also have access to an audio reading that never got published of one of the short stories on there if you run out of the practice stuff.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.