Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Need help with negatives

EtheyB
January 17, 2014

Hey,

Before I start, I want to say that this is my first forum post so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything!

Now, i'm attempting to translate this text into Dovahzul from English and one part says, "Won't you cry". The closest I could get to translating it was "fen ho ni graat", or "will you not cry". I feel like it's not right. I considered "vofen ho graat" but I thought that might mean "Unwill you cry" or something. Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

by EtheyB
January 17, 2014

Hey,

Before I start, I want to say that this is my first forum post so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything!

Now, i'm attempting to translate this text into Dovahzul from English and one part says, "Won't you cry". The closest I could get to translating it was "fen ho ni graat", or "will you not cry". I feel like it's not right. I considered "vofen ho graat" but I thought that might mean "Unwill you cry" or something. Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 17, 2014

"Fen ho ni graat" is actually right, but you could also use the suffix "-ni" to make "fenni ho graat". "Ni" is just going in a different place. You're right that "vo-" wouldn't give you quite what you're looking for.

by paarthurnax
January 17, 2014

"Fen ho ni graat" is actually right, but you could also use the suffix "-ni" to make "fenni ho graat". "Ni" is just going in a different place. You're right that "vo-" wouldn't give you quite what you're looking for.

EtheyB
January 17, 2014

Ahh okay, thanks!

by EtheyB
January 17, 2014

Ahh okay, thanks!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.