A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Tutor-Student Program

1  2 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 17, 2013

As part of a continued effort to expand the Dragon Language and the community here, we've started  a tutor-student program.  Tutors are paired with one or more students who are looking to learn the Dragon Language hands-on.

As they learn, each tutor-student pair takes on a Dragon Language-related project, either proposed by the student or the tutor that they both agree upon.  This project could be:

• Translating an existing work into the language.
  • Translating something from the language,
  • Writing something new in the language: a story, a song, a historical record, etc.
  • Writing a special lesson, essay, or analysis on the language.

​These are just some ideas.  The tutor then helps the student with their project, and when all is said and done, the final result is featured on the front page for the community to see.

Tutors include myself, RegalDragon, and ASTORKiT.  If you have interest in tutoring, let me know.  There will be some kind of competency translation test, but don't let that intimidate you if you really want to tutor.

If you're interested in being a student, reply here with what you'd like to learn, and a project proposal if you'd like.  Once a spot opens for tutoring, we'll let you know right away who you'll be working with.

er2 zenu grind,

~paarthurnax

by paarthurnax
March 17, 2013

As part of a continued effort to expand the Dragon Language and the community here, we've started  a tutor-student program.  Tutors are paired with one or more students who are looking to learn the Dragon Language hands-on.

As they learn, each tutor-student pair takes on a Dragon Language-related project, either proposed by the student or the tutor that they both agree upon.  This project could be:

• Translating an existing work into the language.
  • Translating something from the language,
  • Writing something new in the language: a story, a song, a historical record, etc.
  • Writing a special lesson, essay, or analysis on the language.

​These are just some ideas.  The tutor then helps the student with their project, and when all is said and done, the final result is featured on the front page for the community to see.

Tutors include myself, RegalDragon, and ASTORKiT.  If you have interest in tutoring, let me know.  There will be some kind of competency translation test, but don't let that intimidate you if you really want to tutor.

If you're interested in being a student, reply here with what you'd like to learn, and a project proposal if you'd like.  Once a spot opens for tutoring, we'll let you know right away who you'll be working with.

er2 zenu grind,

~paarthurnax

fowlron
April 13, 2013

DREM YOL LOK, F4DONI

Im glad you created this project, and as i just started on the dragon lenguage, so i would love to be in the project :D

I just wanna expand my vocabulary, and get used to the grammar, so... well i think there is nothing more to say (lol)

Also, just wanna say that im portuguese se sorry for any typo

by fowlron
April 13, 2013

DREM YOL LOK, F4DONI

Im glad you created this project, and as i just started on the dragon lenguage, so i would love to be in the project :D

I just wanna expand my vocabulary, and get used to the grammar, so... well i think there is nothing more to say (lol)

Also, just wanna say that im portuguese se sorry for any typo

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 13, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

I'll set you up with RegalDragon, and then you two can figure out your project.

by paarthurnax
April 13, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

I'll set you up with RegalDragon, and then you two can figure out your project.

fowlron
April 14, 2013

DREM YOL LOK
NOX, P1RTH6NAX

Then ill wait till i see him online so i can speak with it

by fowlron
April 14, 2013

DREM YOL LOK
NOX, P1RTH6NAX

Then ill wait till i see him online so i can speak with it

Mindahthur
June 3, 2013

I'd really like to learn more of this, i want to learn everything from the dov languaje. :3

by Mindahthur
June 3, 2013

I'd really like to learn more of this, i want to learn everything from the dov languaje. :3

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 3, 2013

Sure!  I'll message you and we'll get started.

by paarthurnax
June 3, 2013

Sure!  I'll message you and we'll get started.

Luis2409
June 13, 2013
Drem yol, I would really like to improve my knowledge about this language, and I think the best way to do it is by practicing translation, so yeah :3 I'll be waiting

by Luis2409
June 13, 2013
Drem yol, I would really like to improve my knowledge about this language, and I think the best way to do it is by practicing translation, so yeah :3 I'll be waiting

I am dragonborn
June 17, 2013

Drem yol lok everbody! Im new here and would like to be able to fluently speak dovahzhul. I love skyrim and i have never learned a language from a video game book so i thought it would be cool to learn dovahzhul.

by I am dragonborn
June 17, 2013

Drem yol lok everbody! Im new here and would like to be able to fluently speak dovahzhul. I love skyrim and i have never learned a language from a video game book so i thought it would be cool to learn dovahzhul.

Krahvulgein
June 25, 2013
Drem yol lok, I want to be able to speak and write the dovahzul from memory to the best of my ability.
by Krahvulgein
June 25, 2013
Drem yol lok, I want to be able to speak and write the dovahzul from memory to the best of my ability.

Dzydzilelya
July 12, 2013

I'm here for a reason, and this, seems lik a good idea to really start from.

by Dzydzilelya
July 12, 2013

I'm here for a reason, and this, seems lik a good idea to really start from.

ChaseB
July 23, 2013

I would like to be a student, and I can't seem to get the table on lesson 2 (All all memorized). Also, I'd like to learn the most common/most generic words, and the dovah alphebet.

Thanks!

by ChaseB
July 23, 2013

I would like to be a student, and I can't seem to get the table on lesson 2 (All all memorized). Also, I'd like to learn the most common/most generic words, and the dovah alphebet.

Thanks!

yol thuum
August 12, 2013

i wold like to be toutored on skype my skype is jarren105 and  aal drem don hin laas everybody

by yol thuum
August 12, 2013

i wold like to be toutored on skype my skype is jarren105 and  aal drem don hin laas everybody

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 13, 2013

Unfortunately I don't have time to tutor over Skype, but PM me what you'd like to learn about, and I can draw up some practice questions and examples to look over.

by paarthurnax
August 13, 2013

Unfortunately I don't have time to tutor over Skype, but PM me what you'd like to learn about, and I can draw up some practice questions and examples to look over.

SideEdger
August 13, 2013

Drem Yol Lok, In Paarthurnax. I am interested in learning the basics of Dovahzul and wish to become a student. Wanted to try something new ^^ and the language is very fascinating to hear about. 

Thanks!

by SideEdger
August 13, 2013

Drem Yol Lok, In Paarthurnax. I am interested in learning the basics of Dovahzul and wish to become a student. Wanted to try something new ^^ and the language is very fascinating to hear about. 

Thanks!

Ccnati
September 11, 2013

Drem yol lok! I am new here, and would like to learn the language. Help would be great and I look forward to it.

by Ccnati
September 11, 2013

Drem yol lok! I am new here, and would like to learn the language. Help would be great and I look forward to it.

1  2 > >>