Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Active Dovahzul Translation

strunkahriik
February 4, 2014

***Following more forethought into the program, I will likely release it first as a Toolbar addon for Internet Explorer, then Chrome, then FireFox.***

Over the course of the next few months, I'm going to hopefully develop my first program, which I plan on being an On-Screen keyboard that translates to Dovahzul as you type. Basically, go to any form of text entry, switch the keyboard on, and when you begin typing, the program will translate it for you. The program will not type an entry onto the screen for you until the spacebar is pressed. The program also will not require you to click the keyboard buttons on the screen, very similar to the On-Screen keyboard that comes with most Windows PCs.

First version of the program will be available for Windows, and later I'll look into conversions. I'm not sure when my work will be done but I'll be working on it, so look forward to it in the future!

by strunkahriik
February 4, 2014

***Following more forethought into the program, I will likely release it first as a Toolbar addon for Internet Explorer, then Chrome, then FireFox.***

Over the course of the next few months, I'm going to hopefully develop my first program, which I plan on being an On-Screen keyboard that translates to Dovahzul as you type. Basically, go to any form of text entry, switch the keyboard on, and when you begin typing, the program will translate it for you. The program will not type an entry onto the screen for you until the spacebar is pressed. The program also will not require you to click the keyboard buttons on the screen, very similar to the On-Screen keyboard that comes with most Windows PCs.

First version of the program will be available for Windows, and later I'll look into conversions. I'm not sure when my work will be done but I'll be working on it, so look forward to it in the future!

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 4, 2014

Awesome, I look forward to this as well!

by paarthurnax
February 4, 2014

Awesome, I look forward to this as well!

strunkahriik
February 6, 2014

UPDATE: I'm forced to delay the project, for I've too much problems to deal with in life right now. But I will hopefully have it completed by the end of the year, since I'll only be dealing with these problems for a few months.

by strunkahriik
February 6, 2014

UPDATE: I'm forced to delay the project, for I've too much problems to deal with in life right now. But I will hopefully have it completed by the end of the year, since I'll only be dealing with these problems for a few months.

strunkahriik
April 19, 2014

UPDATE: I have indeed returned from my... "slumber", as some may call it... However the project will not continue until I have finished my school year, which ends at the start of Summer. I am prepared to begin the work, but I don't have the time.

I apologize for all the delays.

Thanks for your attention. :)

by strunkahriik
April 19, 2014

UPDATE: I have indeed returned from my... "slumber", as some may call it... However the project will not continue until I have finished my school year, which ends at the start of Summer. I am prepared to begin the work, but I don't have the time.

I apologize for all the delays.

Thanks for your attention. :)

Phelan1019
May 23, 2014

Well, I'm not holding my breath, but if this comes through, it would be extremely useful.

by Phelan1019
May 23, 2014

Well, I'm not holding my breath, but if this comes through, it would be extremely useful.

Foduiiz
July 1, 2014

Is this still in development?

by Foduiiz
July 1, 2014

Is this still in development?

strunkahriik
July 24, 2014

Sadly, no. My school year has ended but I never found the time I needed.

I always end up being one of those people who plans something big, then everything else topples over in my way.

Sorry for dissapointing everyone. I'm taking another programming class this year at school. Assuming I have extra time, I will work on it then.

I hope for the best!

by strunkahriik
July 24, 2014

Sadly, no. My school year has ended but I never found the time I needed.

I always end up being one of those people who plans something big, then everything else topples over in my way.

Sorry for dissapointing everyone. I'm taking another programming class this year at school. Assuming I have extra time, I will work on it then.

I hope for the best!

Zauniglom
July 31, 2014

If you have any code for it, I can take it up and finish it.

by Zauniglom
July 31, 2014

If you have any code for it, I can take it up and finish it.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.