Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word needed

mahlovdovahzii
February 25, 2014

Hello everyone!

I am getting some words together in order to train a new puppy that will be apart of my family soon. We have decided to use both English and Dovahzul for common commands and Dovahzul for more advanced commands. I have found a good deal of them but one that I did not find was "left" as in stand on my left. Any suggestions would be great. Also, if anyone has suggestions for "leash" that would also be great. I don't want to use rope for leash as I will be using it for his toy rope.

Thanks!

by mahlovdovahzii
February 25, 2014

Hello everyone!

I am getting some words together in order to train a new puppy that will be apart of my family soon. We have decided to use both English and Dovahzul for common commands and Dovahzul for more advanced commands. I have found a good deal of them but one that I did not find was "left" as in stand on my left. Any suggestions would be great. Also, if anyone has suggestions for "leash" that would also be great. I don't want to use rope for leash as I will be using it for his toy rope.

Thanks!

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 25, 2014

Drem yol lok! It looks like words for the directional "left" and "right" are entirely missing, which means we'll have to make some. As for "leash", maybe you could use "Sken", the word for "chain", or "Gron", "bind", a little more rugged.

by paarthurnax
February 25, 2014

Drem yol lok! It looks like words for the directional "left" and "right" are entirely missing, which means we'll have to make some. As for "leash", maybe you could use "Sken", the word for "chain", or "Gron", "bind", a little more rugged.

mahlovdovahzii
February 25, 2014

Thanks paarthurnax. I like chain better than bind so I will go with that. 

by mahlovdovahzii
February 25, 2014

Thanks paarthurnax. I like chain better than bind so I will go with that. 

Tinvaakfuntkoraavaan
March 9, 2014

You could use "Welkand" and "Jer" (west & east) for left and right, by analogy based on the assumption that you are looking northwards when speaking. The dog won't know what they really mean, and they are probably as valid as is currently possible. "Welkand" is somewhat long for a short command however...

by Tinvaakfuntkoraavaan
March 9, 2014

You could use "Welkand" and "Jer" (west & east) for left and right, by analogy based on the assumption that you are looking northwards when speaking. The dog won't know what they really mean, and they are probably as valid as is currently possible. "Welkand" is somewhat long for a short command however...

yaropolk
March 13, 2014

Hello I am from Russia. I do not know English. writing through the Google translator. I found a few words that are not in your dictionary. I'm sorry, I can not submit the text in English because I played in the Russian version of the game. 

by yaropolk
March 13, 2014

Hello I am from Russia. I do not know English. writing through the Google translator. I found a few words that are not in your dictionary. I'm sorry, I can not submit the text in English because I played in the Russian version of the game. 

yaropolk
March 13, 2014

1 - Ziil    Ð—ил   (Алдуин: воскрешение драконов) Салокнир! Зил гро дова улсе!

2 - Ulse    Ð£Ð»ÑÐµ    (Алдуин:воскрешение Салокнира)

3 - Aanne    ÐÐ½Ð½Ðµ   (алдуин: на глотке мира) Мейе! Тародис анне! Хим хинде па лив! Зу'у хин дан!

4 - Ð‘алоки    (Алдуин  ÑÐ¾Ð²ÐµÐ½Ð³Ð°Ñ€Ð´) Балоки накип силлесейор. Мое чрево полно душами твоих смертных друзей, Довакин. (I believe that is the plural : Hunger    Bahlok    Ð‘алок    Ð“олод, as here:

Father||'''BORMah'''||Борма||Отец,  

Father's||'''BORMahii'''||Бориахи||Отца)

5 - Duaan    Ð”уан    (Алдуин: совнгард)

by yaropolk
March 13, 2014

1 - Ziil    Ð—ил   (Алдуин: воскрешение драконов) Салокнир! Зил гро дова улсе!

2 - Ulse    Ð£Ð»ÑÐµ    (Алдуин:воскрешение Салокнира)

3 - Aanne    ÐÐ½Ð½Ðµ   (алдуин: на глотке мира) Мейе! Тародис анне! Хим хинде па лив! Зу'у хин дан!

4 - Ð‘алоки    (Алдуин  ÑÐ¾Ð²ÐµÐ½Ð³Ð°Ñ€Ð´) Балоки накип силлесейор. Мое чрево полно душами твоих смертных друзей, Довакин. (I believe that is the plural : Hunger    Bahlok    Ð‘алок    Ð“олод, as here:

Father||'''BORMah'''||Борма||Отец,  

Father's||'''BORMahii'''||Бориахи||Отца)

5 - Duaan    Ð”уан    (Алдуин: совнгард)

yaropolk
March 13, 2014

6 - Ð›ÐµÐ»    Ð¿Ñ€Ð°Ð²Ð¸Ñ‚ÑŒ  (партурнакс клинки) "Почему они не должны доверять тебе?" - question dovakin. Ð¾Ñ‚ветить parturnaÑ…: "Дов уалан фа лел. Мы созданы, что бы править. Желание влавствовать – в нашей крови. Ты это тоже чувствуеш, верно?

Мне можно доверять. Я знаю это. Но они не знают. ÐžÐ½Ð¸ÐºÐ°Ð½ ни ов дова. Мудрый никогда не должен доверять дова...."

7 - Ð›Ð¾ÑÐµÐ¸   (Алдуин: воскрешение Салокнира)

8 - ÐœÐµÐ¹Ðµ    (Алдуин: Диалог. Довакин принес Древний Свиток )

9 - ÐšÐ²Ð°Ð½Ð°Ñ€Ð°Ð½    (драконы на глотке мира после совенгарда) Сарот тур кванаран.

10 - Ðhlaan    ÐÐ»Ð°Ð½   (полет на драконе) Я достаточно долго служил тебе. Тиди до амик алан.

11 - Zaamiil    Ð—амил    ...    (полет на драконе) Зу’у ни замил. Ты не можешь командовать мною вечно.

12 - Ð¢Ñƒ’умий    (драконы на глотке мира после совенгарда) Ту’умий лос налот

13 - Ð’омир  (драконы на глотке мира после совенгарда) Му лос вомир

14 - Whirlwind of Time '''Wuldsetiid''' Вулдсетид (партурнакс)

15 - Lok bo Thu'um tuum (седобородые) written in High Hrothgar on the ceiling tapestries

by yaropolk
March 13, 2014

6 - Ð›ÐµÐ»    Ð¿Ñ€Ð°Ð²Ð¸Ñ‚ÑŒ  (партурнакс клинки) "Почему они не должны доверять тебе?" - question dovakin. Ð¾Ñ‚ветить parturnaÑ…: "Дов уалан фа лел. Мы созданы, что бы править. Желание влавствовать – в нашей крови. Ты это тоже чувствуеш, верно?

Мне можно доверять. Я знаю это. Но они не знают. ÐžÐ½Ð¸ÐºÐ°Ð½ ни ов дова. Мудрый никогда не должен доверять дова...."

7 - Ð›Ð¾ÑÐµÐ¸   (Алдуин: воскрешение Салокнира)

8 - ÐœÐµÐ¹Ðµ    (Алдуин: Диалог. Довакин принес Древний Свиток )

9 - ÐšÐ²Ð°Ð½Ð°Ñ€Ð°Ð½    (драконы на глотке мира после совенгарда) Сарот тур кванаран.

10 - Ðhlaan    ÐÐ»Ð°Ð½   (полет на драконе) Я достаточно долго служил тебе. Тиди до амик алан.

11 - Zaamiil    Ð—амил    ...    (полет на драконе) Зу’у ни замил. Ты не можешь командовать мною вечно.

12 - Ð¢Ñƒ’умий    (драконы на глотке мира после совенгарда) Ту’умий лос налот

13 - Ð’омир  (драконы на глотке мира после совенгарда) Му лос вомир

14 - Whirlwind of Time '''Wuldsetiid''' Вулдсетид (партурнакс)

15 - Lok bo Thu'um tuum (седобородые) written in High Hrothgar on the ceiling tapestries

yaropolk
March 13, 2014

I will be very glad if you can explain this to me and I write them in the dictionary that I did myself

(link

(link)

dictionaries that I made myself

by yaropolk
March 13, 2014

I will be very glad if you can explain this to me and I write them in the dictionary that I did myself

(link

(link)

dictionaries that I made myself

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 13, 2014

Thanks for the list, yaropolk! Some of these we already have, just in different forms:

• Ziil - Zii with a possessive suffix, "your spirit/soul"
  • Ulse - Ul with "-se", "for eternity"
  • Aanne - probably a typo of Aarre, plural of Aar
  • Bormahii - Bormah with a possessive suffix, means "his/her/its father"
  • Duaan - Du, "devoured"
  • Lel - maybe this is different in the Russian version of the game, the English line is "Dov wahlaan fah rel", "dragonkind was made for domination".
  • Losei - from Los, means "you are", it would be a good idea to have this in the dictionary though
  • Meye - probably a typo of Meyye, plural of Mey, "fools!"
  • Alan / Ahlaan - I'm not entirely sure where this is, but I think you may be referring to the line "Tiid bo amativ"? "Time flows onward". Maybe this is different in the English version too.
  • Zaamil - possibly Zaam with a possessive suffix? "I am not your slave"? I can't find a similar line in the English version so this is just a guess.
  • Thu'um
  • Vomir - Mir with the prefix Vo-. The English version gives this translation: "we are unallied/free of fealty".
  • Wuldsetiid - this is a wholly new word, probably similar to Vennesetiid but more chaotic or unpredictable

This is off topic from this thread - this is a really interesting conversation so when you're online next, make a new thread and we can continue this conversation there.

by paarthurnax
March 13, 2014

Thanks for the list, yaropolk! Some of these we already have, just in different forms:

• Ziil - Zii with a possessive suffix, "your spirit/soul"
  • Ulse - Ul with "-se", "for eternity"
  • Aanne - probably a typo of Aarre, plural of Aar
  • Bormahii - Bormah with a possessive suffix, means "his/her/its father"
  • Duaan - Du, "devoured"
  • Lel - maybe this is different in the Russian version of the game, the English line is "Dov wahlaan fah rel", "dragonkind was made for domination".
  • Losei - from Los, means "you are", it would be a good idea to have this in the dictionary though
  • Meye - probably a typo of Meyye, plural of Mey, "fools!"
  • Alan / Ahlaan - I'm not entirely sure where this is, but I think you may be referring to the line "Tiid bo amativ"? "Time flows onward". Maybe this is different in the English version too.
  • Zaamil - possibly Zaam with a possessive suffix? "I am not your slave"? I can't find a similar line in the English version so this is just a guess.
  • Thu'um
  • Vomir - Mir with the prefix Vo-. The English version gives this translation: "we are unallied/free of fealty".
  • Wuldsetiid - this is a wholly new word, probably similar to Vennesetiid but more chaotic or unpredictable

This is off topic from this thread - this is a really interesting conversation so when you're online next, make a new thread and we can continue this conversation there.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.