Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Alduin, meet America

1  2 > >>  

Mulhahlor
April 10, 2014

Imagine that Tamriel is instead, for example, North America, and Alduin returned some time in 2014.

• Where would dragons live, if anywhere specific?
  • How would magicka and technology mix?
  • How would dragons and other Skyrim-specific beasts be dealt with (By the Dragonborn and other people)?

Answer these and any other questions you can come up with. Give any and all thoughts on the thread, but please keep it clean.

by Mulhahlor
April 10, 2014

Imagine that Tamriel is instead, for example, North America, and Alduin returned some time in 2014.

• Where would dragons live, if anywhere specific?
  • How would magicka and technology mix?
  • How would dragons and other Skyrim-specific beasts be dealt with (By the Dragonborn and other people)?

Answer these and any other questions you can come up with. Give any and all thoughts on the thread, but please keep it clean.

Mahlaansaviik
April 13, 2014

Honestly, I don't think the dragons would stand much of a chance. Considering all of the weaponized air craft we have and the LRAD we could use against them, if a fight broke out my money would be on humanity winning.

But if they were going to live someone in NA, I would say Alaska. I am not sure how magic and technology would mix, except maybe we wouldn't have any natural forms of medicine since magic seems to be a more effective way of healing in every regard.

by Mahlaansaviik
April 13, 2014

Honestly, I don't think the dragons would stand much of a chance. Considering all of the weaponized air craft we have and the LRAD we could use against them, if a fight broke out my money would be on humanity winning.

But if they were going to live someone in NA, I would say Alaska. I am not sure how magic and technology would mix, except maybe we wouldn't have any natural forms of medicine since magic seems to be a more effective way of healing in every regard.

IrkbaanDinokVen
April 19, 2014

Well, what if the dragons were stronger than how they're represented in Skyrim? Like a shell exploding into the side of a dragon doesn't even harm it? Plus they can only be killed by the dragonborn.. That would seriously mess up everything, however magic. Magic would be interesting because a lot of things we have invented wouldn't exist because of magic, IE flamethrower because all we have to do is throw a fireball, or aircraft because of levitate (I'm talking the spell from Morrowind) So things might be a lot diffe

by IrkbaanDinokVen
April 19, 2014

Well, what if the dragons were stronger than how they're represented in Skyrim? Like a shell exploding into the side of a dragon doesn't even harm it? Plus they can only be killed by the dragonborn.. That would seriously mess up everything, however magic. Magic would be interesting because a lot of things we have invented wouldn't exist because of magic, IE flamethrower because all we have to do is throw a fireball, or aircraft because of levitate (I'm talking the spell from Morrowind) So things might be a lot diffe

Mahlaansaviik
April 20, 2014
IrkbaanDinokVen

Well, what if the dragons were stronger than how they're represented in Skyrim? Like a shell exploding into the side of a dragon doesn't even harm it? Plus they can only be killed by the dragonborn.. That would seriously mess up everything, however magic. 

They would have to be a whole lot stronger, but that would definitely make things interesting. Good point on the dragonborn being the only one capable of killing them, but I think we could find ways to easily capture and contain the dovah.

by Mahlaansaviik
April 20, 2014
IrkbaanDinokVen

Well, what if the dragons were stronger than how they're represented in Skyrim? Like a shell exploding into the side of a dragon doesn't even harm it? Plus they can only be killed by the dragonborn.. That would seriously mess up everything, however magic. 

They would have to be a whole lot stronger, but that would definitely make things interesting. Good point on the dragonborn being the only one capable of killing them, but I think we could find ways to easily capture and contain the dovah.

IrkbaanDinokVen
April 20, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
IrkbaanDinokVen

Yeah, we probably could capture them like in Whiterun. How they captured Odahviing as well as that one dragon way back in the lore.

by IrkbaanDinokVen
April 20, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
IrkbaanDinokVen

Yeah, we probably could capture them like in Whiterun. How they captured Odahviing as well as that one dragon way back in the lore.

Mulhahlor
April 21, 2014

From the Mounds in Skyrim, it would appear that you can kill dovah, but only a Dragonborn can kill them permanently. That brings up an interesting point, though: Pet Dovah.

by Mulhahlor
April 21, 2014

From the Mounds in Skyrim, it would appear that you can kill dovah, but only a Dragonborn can kill them permanently. That brings up an interesting point, though: Pet Dovah.

Loniizrath
April 21, 2014

Dragon Zoos!

by Loniizrath
April 21, 2014

Dragon Zoos!

Zuruniik
April 24, 2014

The dragons are much too weak as they are represented in skyrim. If one measly person can bring one down, even without using the thu'um, then how is it going to stand agains an entire country's army force. They would have to be very well plated to withstand bullets and explosions. Even with this, we could probably easily capture and contain them. We would also have to develop ways to fight against the fires that would inevitably spread.

Although I think a bigger problem is seeing a gigantic friggin frosbite spider has made a home out of your home. Just saying, I'm scared of the current size of spider. If they grew that big, I would just live in a titanium box, hidden away from all of them. Not including draugr or trolls or vicious sabre cats. With everything that prowls the landscape of Skyrim, we'd need to be very cautious of the wild.

I definitely think that a lot of things would be replaced with our powers of magicka. We wouldn't even need to use fuel anymore, since we could just power electric cars with a bolt of lightning. if we were cold, we'd just heat our hands and hug ourselves. I think alot of problems would be solved. Although, a lot of kids would now have a lethal weapon at their disposal at any time they want.

Indeed, our world would be much different than what it is now. Even religion, which in game has undisputed proof that the aedra and daedra exist. There'd be no more religious wars, how great would that be. Except the damned Thalmor, of course.

Hopefully something in this heaping mess of words entertained you. Either way, thanks for sticking through it.

by Zuruniik
April 24, 2014

The dragons are much too weak as they are represented in skyrim. If one measly person can bring one down, even without using the thu'um, then how is it going to stand agains an entire country's army force. They would have to be very well plated to withstand bullets and explosions. Even with this, we could probably easily capture and contain them. We would also have to develop ways to fight against the fires that would inevitably spread.

Although I think a bigger problem is seeing a gigantic friggin frosbite spider has made a home out of your home. Just saying, I'm scared of the current size of spider. If they grew that big, I would just live in a titanium box, hidden away from all of them. Not including draugr or trolls or vicious sabre cats. With everything that prowls the landscape of Skyrim, we'd need to be very cautious of the wild.

I definitely think that a lot of things would be replaced with our powers of magicka. We wouldn't even need to use fuel anymore, since we could just power electric cars with a bolt of lightning. if we were cold, we'd just heat our hands and hug ourselves. I think alot of problems would be solved. Although, a lot of kids would now have a lethal weapon at their disposal at any time they want.

Indeed, our world would be much different than what it is now. Even religion, which in game has undisputed proof that the aedra and daedra exist. There'd be no more religious wars, how great would that be. Except the damned Thalmor, of course.

Hopefully something in this heaping mess of words entertained you. Either way, thanks for sticking through it.

Mulhahlor
April 25, 2014
Zuruniik

On Animals : Agreed. I'm a bit of an arachnophobe, too. But Sabre cats? Saber-tooth Tigers are essentially the same, and they're gone (sadly).

On Magicka: That would replace fuels, wouldn't it? And hopefully no parent ever lets their kid get ahold of a spell tome!

On Religion: I wish people were that simple in real life...

Good points, all of them!

by Mulhahlor
April 25, 2014
Zuruniik

On Animals : Agreed. I'm a bit of an arachnophobe, too. But Sabre cats? Saber-tooth Tigers are essentially the same, and they're gone (sadly).

On Magicka: That would replace fuels, wouldn't it? And hopefully no parent ever lets their kid get ahold of a spell tome!

On Religion: I wish people were that simple in real life...

Good points, all of them!

Mahlaansaviik
April 25, 2014
Mulhahlor
Zuruniik

I definitely think that a lot of things would be replaced with our powers of magicka. I think alot of problems would be solved. Although, a lot of kids would now have a lethal weapon at their disposal at any time they want.

But everyone has the right to bear spell tomes. If more people and children had spell tomes there would be less magic violence. Only a good guy with a spell tome, can stop a bad guy with a spell tome.

by Mahlaansaviik
April 25, 2014
Mulhahlor
Zuruniik

I definitely think that a lot of things would be replaced with our powers of magicka. I think alot of problems would be solved. Although, a lot of kids would now have a lethal weapon at their disposal at any time they want.

But everyone has the right to bear spell tomes. If more people and children had spell tomes there would be less magic violence. Only a good guy with a spell tome, can stop a bad guy with a spell tome.

Zuruniik
April 25, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

I think that there should be some sort of barrier, maybe a test or a certain age when they should be given the privilege of spells. Although there arises the problem of children getting it illegally. Perhaps a severe punishment for misuse of magicka? Not able to use spells until a much higher age? I know there is a "test" in place for obtaining a gun but kids seem to get ahold of them every once and a while.

One other thought that comes to mind is that magicka would be used so often, that it'd become a part of our daily lives and we'd take it for granted in a way. It'd become second nature to use "calm" on someone who is angry, like it's second nature to get food when you're hungry. Magicka would become ordinary. Now that is a strange thought.

by Zuruniik
April 25, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

I think that there should be some sort of barrier, maybe a test or a certain age when they should be given the privilege of spells. Although there arises the problem of children getting it illegally. Perhaps a severe punishment for misuse of magicka? Not able to use spells until a much higher age? I know there is a "test" in place for obtaining a gun but kids seem to get ahold of them every once and a while.

One other thought that comes to mind is that magicka would be used so often, that it'd become a part of our daily lives and we'd take it for granted in a way. It'd become second nature to use "calm" on someone who is angry, like it's second nature to get food when you're hungry. Magicka would become ordinary. Now that is a strange thought.

Mulhahlor
April 26, 2014
Zuruniik

I think that there should be some sort of barrier, maybe a test or a certain age when they should be given the privilege of spells.

Huh. Like Harry Potter.

Well, there was a time when electricity seemed like magic, but it is commonplace today. Maybe there would be a police force, similar to the Psijic Order, to govern magic use and punish misuse.

by Mulhahlor
April 26, 2014
Zuruniik

I think that there should be some sort of barrier, maybe a test or a certain age when they should be given the privilege of spells.

Huh. Like Harry Potter.

Well, there was a time when electricity seemed like magic, but it is commonplace today. Maybe there would be a police force, similar to the Psijic Order, to govern magic use and punish misuse.

Dahminnaalrah
May 2, 2014

I can imagine dragons being hit by jets!

by Dahminnaalrah
May 2, 2014

I can imagine dragons being hit by jets!

ikaram
July 26, 2014

WHY AMERICA?! I know must of you guys are from America, but what about THE REST  OF THE FRICKIN' WORLD? *sad face*

by ikaram
July 26, 2014

WHY AMERICA?! I know must of you guys are from America, but what about THE REST  OF THE FRICKIN' WORLD? *sad face*

Foduiiz
July 29, 2014
ikaram

Americans don't acknowledge the rest of the world. Well - that's the stereotype anyway.

by Foduiiz
July 29, 2014
ikaram

Americans don't acknowledge the rest of the world. Well - that's the stereotype anyway.

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.