Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Is Talos a "god" or not?

1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

Mulqoreyn
June 3, 2014

I think there is a weath of proof that he is, most of it from Oblivion but is there proof he is not?

by Mulqoreyn
June 3, 2014

I think there is a weath of proof that he is, most of it from Oblivion but is there proof he is not?

Phelan1019
June 3, 2014

Actually, Skyrim gives the most proof to the divinity of Talos. Four names for him are Talos, Tiber Septim, Ysmir, and Shor. In Sovngarde, Shor is designated by Tsun as ruler of the Realm, and there is also Shor's hall, and Shor's throne. If Talos wasn't a Divine, he would not get his own plane of Atherius.

by Phelan1019
June 3, 2014

Actually, Skyrim gives the most proof to the divinity of Talos. Four names for him are Talos, Tiber Septim, Ysmir, and Shor. In Sovngarde, Shor is designated by Tsun as ruler of the Realm, and there is also Shor's hall, and Shor's throne. If Talos wasn't a Divine, he would not get his own plane of Atherius.

Mulqoreyn
June 3, 2014
dovahkiin1019

You seem to forget that shor predates Talos by well, the whole of mortal history shor is Lorkhan in the elven legends and not Talos. To recap: talos an shor are not the same person, or if they are it is because he took over for shor. Ysmir is the name given to Dragonborn by the greybeards also others have also had that name including; pelinal, Wulfharth ash king and others as well.

by Mulqoreyn
June 3, 2014
dovahkiin1019

You seem to forget that shor predates Talos by well, the whole of mortal history shor is Lorkhan in the elven legends and not Talos. To recap: talos an shor are not the same person, or if they are it is because he took over for shor. Ysmir is the name given to Dragonborn by the greybeards also others have also had that name including; pelinal, Wulfharth ash king and others as well.

FoggyPaws
June 3, 2014

Yeah Talos is totally a god, the Knights of the Nine expansion from Oblivion totally feeds into that idea.

At least, that's my opinion.

by FoggyPaws
June 3, 2014

Yeah Talos is totally a god, the Knights of the Nine expansion from Oblivion totally feeds into that idea.

At least, that's my opinion.

valromar
June 5, 2014

Talos was originally givin the name Ysmir by the greybeards, but the name was taken away when he became a divine. Now the Dragonborn from Skyrim is known as Ysmir. Not all elves have disbelief in Talos, it's just the Aldmeri Dominion.

by valromar
June 5, 2014

Talos was originally givin the name Ysmir by the greybeards, but the name was taken away when he became a divine. Now the Dragonborn from Skyrim is known as Ysmir. Not all elves have disbelief in Talos, it's just the Aldmeri Dominion.

Kein Drog
June 5, 2014

the aedra can be killed just like talos as a man could be killed, so he in that sense shares something with godhood meaning all that can be killed can become gods, just like how dragons are said 2 be gods, but gods cant die, but a dragonborn can tear the soul out of a god/dragon meaning that the power of that god lives on for who even has the skill to kill, it and keep its powers, some might say the last dragon born 2 be a  god for he has the ability 2 serve the void after death if a db, but again being a nightingale after death, and also ending up in sovenguard if he/she is true, or even ending up in the hunting grounds of hircine so, meaning that any mortal that did so many things that change the course of nirn that the aedra might lift them 2 gohood so, this can also be proof that talos is a god.

by Kein Drog
June 5, 2014

the aedra can be killed just like talos as a man could be killed, so he in that sense shares something with godhood meaning all that can be killed can become gods, just like how dragons are said 2 be gods, but gods cant die, but a dragonborn can tear the soul out of a god/dragon meaning that the power of that god lives on for who even has the skill to kill, it and keep its powers, some might say the last dragon born 2 be a  god for he has the ability 2 serve the void after death if a db, but again being a nightingale after death, and also ending up in sovenguard if he/she is true, or even ending up in the hunting grounds of hircine so, meaning that any mortal that did so many things that change the course of nirn that the aedra might lift them 2 gohood so, this can also be proof that talos is a god.

Mulqoreyn
June 6, 2014
Kein Drog

???????? dude i can barly understand you!

by Mulqoreyn
June 6, 2014
Kein Drog

Hayden Sanders
June 8, 2014
Mulqoreyn
Kein Drog

Iunderstand perfectly and i agree so much with you.

by Hayden Sanders
June 8, 2014
Mulqoreyn
Kein Drog

Mulqoreyn
June 10, 2014
Hayden Sanders
Mulqoreyn
Kein Drog

I mean he uses too much abeviations and numbers, it makes it difficult.

by Mulqoreyn
June 10, 2014
Hayden Sanders
Mulqoreyn
Kein Drog

Hayden Sanders
June 10, 2014
Mulqoreyn
Hayden Sanders
Mulqoreyn
Kein Drog

Gotta  point but it is still readable.

by Hayden Sanders
June 10, 2014
Mulqoreyn
Hayden Sanders
Mulqoreyn
Kein Drog

Mulqoreyn
June 10, 2014

yes, but i said i could read it, it was just hard for me, this is geting off subject so let this be the end of it.

by Mulqoreyn
June 10, 2014

yes, but i said i could read it, it was just hard for me, this is geting off subject so let this be the end of it.

valromar
July 25, 2014
Hayden Sanders
Mulqoreyn
Hayden Sanders
Mulqoreyn
Kein Drog

you shouldn't have a post filled with abbreviations and numbers. It makes it confusing.
by valromar
July 25, 2014
Hayden Sanders
Mulqoreyn
Hayden Sanders
Mulqoreyn
Kein Drog

you shouldn't have a post filled with abbreviations and numbers. It makes it confusing.

ikaram
July 26, 2014

Talos is a God becuase people worship him. End of story.

by ikaram
July 26, 2014

Talos is a God becuase people worship him. End of story.

Ahmuldein
July 27, 2014

Talos is called a god by the nords, and the Thalmor Embassy hates him and all who worship him so i belive that they're argument is biased making any argument on their part invalid

by Ahmuldein
July 27, 2014

Talos is called a god by the nords, and the Thalmor Embassy hates him and all who worship him so i belive that they're argument is biased making any argument on their part invalid

Mahlaansaviik
July 27, 2014

I believe he is a god because the Daedra recognize him as such. His blood is capable of opening the portal from the Mysterium Xarxes afterall. Not to mention his shrines give actual blessings.

by Mahlaansaviik
July 27, 2014

I believe he is a god because the Daedra recognize him as such. His blood is capable of opening the portal from the Mysterium Xarxes afterall. Not to mention his shrines give actual blessings.

1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.