Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Video Game Discussion

1  2  3 > >>  

Kodaavzii
April 7, 2013

Let's discuss favourite video games. Unless Skyrim is your favourite, then pick your second favourite. Or if you're like me and you can't pick a fav, but just have that one game you're really obsessed with at the moment...

I'll start off by saying that that one game right now for me is the Mass Effect Trilogy. The ending shock is still wearing off, so that is prbably most of my problem. 

How about you all?

by Kodaavzii
April 7, 2013

Let's discuss favourite video games. Unless Skyrim is your favourite, then pick your second favourite. Or if you're like me and you can't pick a fav, but just have that one game you're really obsessed with at the moment...

I'll start off by saying that that one game right now for me is the Mass Effect Trilogy. The ending shock is still wearing off, so that is prbably most of my problem. 

How about you all?

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 8, 2013

I love the Mass Effect trilogy as well!  One of the most brutal gaming experiences I've had.  I'm currently playing through Bioshock Infinite.  I thoroughly enjoy Call of Duty and Gears of War with friends, and I am way more invested in Halo's singleplayer than I should be (I've read all the novels).  If you're a JRPG fan, I also highly recommend Namco's "Tales" series.

by paarthurnax
April 8, 2013

I love the Mass Effect trilogy as well!  One of the most brutal gaming experiences I've had.  I'm currently playing through Bioshock Infinite.  I thoroughly enjoy Call of Duty and Gears of War with friends, and I am way more invested in Halo's singleplayer than I should be (I've read all the novels).  If you're a JRPG fan, I also highly recommend Namco's "Tales" series.

Kodaavzii
April 8, 2013

Like, "I play the games and enjoy them" love, or "I get hyper when I see anything related to Mass Effect" love? There's a big difference. Haha!

I'm more of an action/adventure/rpg kinda person. Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, etc. Although I also like Portal. I'll check out that game, for sure!

by Kodaavzii
April 8, 2013

Like, "I play the games and enjoy them" love, or "I get hyper when I see anything related to Mass Effect" love? There's a big difference. Haha!

I'm more of an action/adventure/rpg kinda person. Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, etc. Although I also like Portal. I'll check out that game, for sure!

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 8, 2013

Haha, much more in the "I play the games and enjoy them" kind of way.  How is Dragon Age?  I've heard the first one is good and the second one not so good.

by paarthurnax
April 8, 2013

Haha, much more in the "I play the games and enjoy them" kind of way.  How is Dragon Age?  I've heard the first one is good and the second one not so good.

Kodaavzii
April 11, 2013

Dragon Age is good! Excellent writing (obviously, this is Bioware we're talking about...) The combat can get rough and cluster-buggy at times, and filling out the commands/tactics section for each companion is tedious, and a wee bit confusing. (Because we are also talking about EA.)

I haven't played the second one, and I've heard the same things, but chances remain that I'm going to buy and play it. Yay consumerism. Rumors for the third game ("Inquisition") are becoming less than rumors now as well, but I'm not sure how to feel about it yet.

by Kodaavzii
April 11, 2013

Dragon Age is good! Excellent writing (obviously, this is Bioware we're talking about...) The combat can get rough and cluster-buggy at times, and filling out the commands/tactics section for each companion is tedious, and a wee bit confusing. (Because we are also talking about EA.)

I haven't played the second one, and I've heard the same things, but chances remain that I'm going to buy and play it. Yay consumerism. Rumors for the third game ("Inquisition") are becoming less than rumors now as well, but I'm not sure how to feel about it yet.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 12, 2013

I just picked up Dragon Age today, so I'll have to give it a try!

by paarthurnax
April 12, 2013

I just picked up Dragon Age today, so I'll have to give it a try!

Kodaavzii
April 12, 2013

Awesome!! Let me know what you think! :D

by Kodaavzii
April 12, 2013

Awesome!! Let me know what you think! :D

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 13, 2013

I absolutely loved Knights of the Old Republic, so I'm thoroughly enjoying Dragon Age thus far.  The story and setting are fairly generic, but the gameplay is pretty fun.  I've decided to play a dual-wielding  Dalish elf warrior.  As in KOTOR, ranged combat doesn't seem worthwhile but I'm leveling up some of the ranged talents to give myself options.

by paarthurnax
April 13, 2013

I absolutely loved Knights of the Old Republic, so I'm thoroughly enjoying Dragon Age thus far.  The story and setting are fairly generic, but the gameplay is pretty fun.  I've decided to play a dual-wielding  Dalish elf warrior.  As in KOTOR, ranged combat doesn't seem worthwhile but I'm leveling up some of the ranged talents to give myself options.

fowlron
April 13, 2013

I actualy love all rpg's but my favorite is of corse skyrim

but forgeting about him i have to say that i love Lord of arcana for the psp, monster hunter that (probably) we all now well and who is the one who doesnt enjoy playing some assassin's creed?

by fowlron
April 13, 2013

I actualy love all rpg's but my favorite is of corse skyrim

but forgeting about him i have to say that i love Lord of arcana for the psp, monster hunter that (probably) we all now well and who is the one who doesnt enjoy playing some assassin's creed?

yol thuum
August 13, 2013

Waiting for elder scrolls online so i can make that my official faveroute game and then skyrim will drop down to second i just cant wait to be able to face the desserts of elswer to the bueatiful buildings of cyrodil and the harsh winters of skyrim.

by yol thuum
August 13, 2013

Waiting for elder scrolls online so i can make that my official faveroute game and then skyrim will drop down to second i just cant wait to be able to face the desserts of elswer to the bueatiful buildings of cyrodil and the harsh winters of skyrim.

Annwvyn
August 26, 2013

Obviously I love Skyrim or I wouldn't be here...  heh.  Skyrim is my "I love the lore and want to see what I can discover today" kind of game.  But...  I would have to say that I really liked Borderlands 2.  The dark humor is pretty awesome, and the gameplay is fun, free-wheeling, and generally irresponsible.  It's my "unwind after a tough day" kind of game.  I also have a real love for StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.  I have been playing StarCraft ever since it came out all those many years ago, and StarCraft 2 had been a much-awaited game for me.  HotS, especially...  I'm a zerg player, and not only was the campaign awesome but the added troops and mechanics were exactly what the Zerg needed to kick some real butt.  SC2 is my "I feel like kicking some RTS tail" kind of game.

^_^

by Annwvyn
August 26, 2013

Obviously I love Skyrim or I wouldn't be here...  heh.  Skyrim is my "I love the lore and want to see what I can discover today" kind of game.  But...  I would have to say that I really liked Borderlands 2.  The dark humor is pretty awesome, and the gameplay is fun, free-wheeling, and generally irresponsible.  It's my "unwind after a tough day" kind of game.  I also have a real love for StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.  I have been playing StarCraft ever since it came out all those many years ago, and StarCraft 2 had been a much-awaited game for me.  HotS, especially...  I'm a zerg player, and not only was the campaign awesome but the added troops and mechanics were exactly what the Zerg needed to kick some real butt.  SC2 is my "I feel like kicking some RTS tail" kind of game.

^_^

dovakiin
October 30, 2013

I dont really have a favourote but i just love free roam rpg's if you have any tell me I proberly have not played them but definetly try them also I like stragety games if anyone else does I highly recommend the stronghold series

by dovakiin
October 30, 2013

I dont really have a favourote but i just love free roam rpg's if you have any tell me I proberly have not played them but definetly try them also I like stragety games if anyone else does I highly recommend the stronghold series

BanditNation
November 16, 2013

I'd have to go with Borderlands 2. Gods, it's a great game.

by BanditNation
November 16, 2013

I'd have to go with Borderlands 2. Gods, it's a great game.

Wielder of Krahkriinos
December 4, 2013

I've been playing this free online rpg called DragonFable obsessively. It's by these guys called Artix Entertainment. You get your own pet dragon and battle titanic enemies, and the Cthulhu Parody questline (Kathool A'achoo) is pretty great.

Really miss KOTOR, will be getting it on Steam soon. Ah...Borderlands 2, Slender: the Arrival, SCP Containment Breach is huge for me right now, darn you 173.

And, always Skyrim. Finally found Bard's Leap, it's freaking beautiful.

by Wielder of Krahkriinos
December 4, 2013

I've been playing this free online rpg called DragonFable obsessively. It's by these guys called Artix Entertainment. You get your own pet dragon and battle titanic enemies, and the Cthulhu Parody questline (Kathool A'achoo) is pretty great.

Really miss KOTOR, will be getting it on Steam soon. Ah...Borderlands 2, Slender: the Arrival, SCP Containment Breach is huge for me right now, darn you 173.

And, always Skyrim. Finally found Bard's Leap, it's freaking beautiful.

Dzydzilelya
December 5, 2013

I bashed a game called Spy vs. Spy, it was on the first xbox.
Me and my cousin played this game so much it's unbelievable.
I liked Star Wars : Battlefront 1 and 2
Those were the games of my childhood

by Dzydzilelya
December 5, 2013

I bashed a game called Spy vs. Spy, it was on the first xbox.
Me and my cousin played this game so much it's unbelievable.
I liked Star Wars : Battlefront 1 and 2
Those were the games of my childhood

1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.