Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Scrabble!!!

Phelan1019
June 27, 2014

I like to sometimes play Scrabble, and one time, I thought, "Hey, what if this was in Dovahzul?" 

by Phelan1019
June 27, 2014

I like to sometimes play Scrabble, and one time, I thought, "Hey, what if this was in Dovahzul?" 

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 27, 2014

That would be so awesome! I've had the same thought myself. Unfortunately I don't have the expertise to make an online multiplayer game of that sort, but I could try for something local.

by paarthurnax
June 27, 2014

That would be so awesome! I've had the same thought myself. Unfortunately I don't have the expertise to make an online multiplayer game of that sort, but I could try for something local.

hiith
June 27, 2014

This is an awesome idea! It makes me want to learn how to make apps.

Some more ideas: Dovahzul crossword, word search, boggle, and maybe even pictionary

by hiith
June 27, 2014

This is an awesome idea! It makes me want to learn how to make apps.

Some more ideas: Dovahzul crossword, word search, boggle, and maybe even pictionary

Foduiiz
June 28, 2014

yes yes yes yes yes yes oh my god yes

by Foduiiz
June 28, 2014

yes yes yes yes yes yes oh my god yes

Phelan1019
June 29, 2014

Holy Bormah what have I started? lol

by Phelan1019
June 29, 2014

Holy Bormah what have I started? lol

hiith
July 1, 2014

I'm now making crosswords. Check out my new thread in the hearth.

by hiith
July 1, 2014

I'm now making crosswords. Check out my new thread in the hearth.

ikaram
July 24, 2014

Paarth... WHAT IF YOU MADE AN MMO IN DOVAHZUL?! That would be awesome. But I'm not quite sure how can you do it...

by ikaram
July 24, 2014

Paarth... WHAT IF YOU MADE AN MMO IN DOVAHZUL?! That would be awesome. But I'm not quite sure how can you do it...

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 8, 2015

This came up in some recent discussion, and here are my thoughts on letter values for Dovahzul Scrabble. Ahaa, etc. are individual letters. See here for reference on letter frequency.

• 1 point:

N x 8
    O x 8
    R x 6
    K x 6
    L x 5
    aa x 5
    U x 5
    ah x 5
    S x 4
    D x 4
    V x 4
    ii x 4
    I x 4
    T x 4

• 2 points:

M x 3
    E x 3

• 3 points:

Z x 2
    G x 2
    H x 2
    F x 2

• 4 points:

A x 1
    ey x 1
    ei x 1
    B x 1
    P x 1

• 5 points:

Q x 1
    J x 1
    W x 1

• 6 points:

oo x 1
    uu x 1

• 8 points:

ir x 1
    ur x 1
    Y x 1

• 10 points:

X x 1

This totals to 100 tiles and 189 points. For reference, the English version's tiles total to 187 points. All of this is based on 100-tile distribution. If possible, I'd suggest increasing the total number of tiles so there can be more of the common letters. The large number of 1-tile letters would make the game unplayable in the late game.

by paarthurnax
March 8, 2015

This came up in some recent discussion, and here are my thoughts on letter values for Dovahzul Scrabble. Ahaa, etc. are individual letters. See here for reference on letter frequency.

• 1 point:

N x 8
    O x 8
    R x 6
    K x 6
    L x 5
    aa x 5
    U x 5
    ah x 5
    S x 4
    D x 4
    V x 4
    ii x 4
    I x 4
    T x 4

• 2 points:

M x 3
    E x 3

• 3 points:

Z x 2
    G x 2
    H x 2
    F x 2

• 4 points:

A x 1
    ey x 1
    ei x 1
    B x 1
    P x 1

• 5 points:

Q x 1
    J x 1
    W x 1

• 6 points:

oo x 1
    uu x 1

• 8 points:

ir x 1
    ur x 1
    Y x 1

• 10 points:

X x 1

This totals to 100 tiles and 189 points. For reference, the English version's tiles total to 187 points. All of this is based on 100-tile distribution. If possible, I'd suggest increasing the total number of tiles so there can be more of the common letters. The large number of 1-tile letters would make the game unplayable in the late game.

Noexecute17
March 18, 2015

This idea is awesome! Indeed, it'd be a nice way to practice Dovahzul.

I can't provide any technical support, but I'd be ready to donate a few euros for this to be made.

by Noexecute17
March 18, 2015

This idea is awesome! Indeed, it'd be a nice way to practice Dovahzul.

I can't provide any technical support, but I'd be ready to donate a few euros for this to be made.

Kleindolph
March 28, 2015

I would enjoy this game very much. I am excite.

by Kleindolph
March 28, 2015

I would enjoy this game very much. I am excite.

Faxmirgrut
April 16, 2015

Even tough i rarely play scrabble or any word-related games, this idea is the best idea since Peanutbutter-Jelly.

by Faxmirgrut
April 16, 2015

Even tough i rarely play scrabble or any word-related games, this idea is the best idea since Peanutbutter-Jelly.

dovahnite
April 19, 2015
ikaram

Pretty much any game with text in it, really. Imagine doing a Portal hack where you translate all of GLaDOS's dialogue to Dovahzul . . .

by dovahnite
April 19, 2015
ikaram

Pretty much any game with text in it, really. Imagine doing a Portal hack where you translate all of GLaDOS's dialogue to Dovahzul . . .

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.