Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Battle cry

zahkrii
June 28, 2014

If you were a warrior, what would be your Dovahzul battle cry (what I mean is not Thu'um, but only words to instill hope, to encourage, to shock enemies, etc.)?

by zahkrii
June 28, 2014

If you were a warrior, what would be your Dovahzul battle cry (what I mean is not Thu'um, but only words to instill hope, to encourage, to shock enemies, etc.)?

Frinmulaar
February 2, 2015

Strange how this topic is still so empty. After all, battle cries are relevant to all of us who fight dragons, and they fit dov culture.

Knowing very little Dovahzul by heart, I just tend to snarl "zu'u krii hi" at any dragon that attacks me. It's never very effective, so if anyone has thought up mighty Dovahzul battle cries, I could definitely use one. The dov don't seem to have an afterlife, so "Victory or Sovngarde" style screams are out of the question.

"My teeth to your neck" is pretty powerful however. I haven't yet played so far as to hear dragon dialogue. Do they ever say this in Dovahzul ingame?

by Frinmulaar
February 2, 2015

Strange how this topic is still so empty. After all, battle cries are relevant to all of us who fight dragons, and they fit dov culture.

Knowing very little Dovahzul by heart, I just tend to snarl "zu'u krii hi" at any dragon that attacks me. It's never very effective, so if anyone has thought up mighty Dovahzul battle cries, I could definitely use one. The dov don't seem to have an afterlife, so "Victory or Sovngarde" style screams are out of the question.

"My teeth to your neck" is pretty powerful however. I haven't yet played so far as to hear dragon dialogue. Do they ever say this in Dovahzul ingame?

KhagraTheJester
February 2, 2015

HI FEN NOK KO MAHKUR! Or, in Engish, you will lie in a heap.

by KhagraTheJester
February 2, 2015

HI FEN NOK KO MAHKUR! Or, in Engish, you will lie in a heap.

DovahKiinZaan
February 4, 2015

It'd probably be the dovahzul for:

"I may die, but I've still slept with all your wives!"

by DovahKiinZaan
February 4, 2015

It'd probably be the dovahzul for:

"I may die, but I've still slept with all your wives!"

Sahkrahfaas
February 4, 2015

I'll have to come up with something like "My housecarls are gonna wear your dead body!" or something like that, but it would have to be more threatening... I'm going to have to take Jordis to Saarthal to loot the bomes and scales off a dead dragon that I accidentally got stuck in the hole. I can't carry another 75 whatyoumacallits so I'll glitch Jordis. She has about 20 or so piles of dragon bones anyway :D

"My housecarl keeps the bones of 20 of your kin in my house! Surrender or I will wear your dead body as a trophy!"

I'll already be wearing enchanted Dragonscale armour. I want Dawnguard for the Dragonbone weapons :(

by Sahkrahfaas
February 4, 2015

I'll have to come up with something like "My housecarls are gonna wear your dead body!" or something like that, but it would have to be more threatening... I'm going to have to take Jordis to Saarthal to loot the bomes and scales off a dead dragon that I accidentally got stuck in the hole. I can't carry another 75 whatyoumacallits so I'll glitch Jordis. She has about 20 or so piles of dragon bones anyway :D

"My housecarl keeps the bones of 20 of your kin in my house! Surrender or I will wear your dead body as a trophy!"

I'll already be wearing enchanted Dragonscale armour. I want Dawnguard for the Dragonbone weapons :(

hiith
February 6, 2015

"kren sosaal!"

by hiith
February 6, 2015

"kren sosaal!"

DovahKiinZaan
February 6, 2015

Roses are red,

But that you know,

Surrender now,

Or I'll kill you with a bow

by DovahKiinZaan
February 6, 2015

Roses are red,

But that you know,

Surrender now,

Or I'll kill you with a bow

Frinmulaar
February 6, 2015

Those are good. If we translate some of those longer ones, we will surely have the dragons on their knees ;)

Or if you wish to lift the spirits on your own side, here's a brief little something which I think is pretty neat. "Morativ!" It's "Moro", glory, with the semicanon "Ativ", toward - literally "glory-ward". Moreover, it carries hints of "Mor", direct, and "Morah", concentrate. What do ye think?

by Frinmulaar
February 6, 2015

Those are good. If we translate some of those longer ones, we will surely have the dragons on their knees ;)

Or if you wish to lift the spirits on your own side, here's a brief little something which I think is pretty neat. "Morativ!" It's "Moro", glory, with the semicanon "Ativ", toward - literally "glory-ward". Moreover, it carries hints of "Mor", direct, and "Morah", concentrate. What do ye think?

Sahkrahfaas
February 6, 2015

"Fahvos ni dir ful zu'u ahtiid dilon kopraan?"

Or, in your tongue:

"Why don't you die so I can wear your dead body?"

Based on the bandit calls asking why you won't die so they can take your stuff.

Ooooohhh I have a nasty dovahkiin

by Sahkrahfaas
February 6, 2015

"Fahvos ni dir ful zu'u ahtiid dilon kopraan?"

Or, in your tongue:

"Why don't you die so I can wear your dead body?"

Based on the bandit calls asking why you won't die so they can take your stuff.

Ooooohhh I have a nasty dovahkiin

dovahnite
February 7, 2015

"Het bo nid!"

Or in English, "here goes nothing!"

Baseically how I play all of my video games, except maybe Mario Kart, and life in general.

by dovahnite
February 7, 2015

"Het bo nid!"

Or in English, "here goes nothing!"

Baseically how I play all of my video games, except maybe Mario Kart, and life in general.

Alungolah
February 7, 2015

Mine might be

D1R LOS HIN OBL1N
!  

by Alungolah
February 7, 2015

Mine might be

D1R LOS HIN OBL1N
!  

DovahKiinZaan
February 8, 2015

I would make the dragon break down with my entire life story...

oh yeah 

by DovahKiinZaan
February 8, 2015

I would make the dragon break down with my entire life story...

oh yeah 

Mul klo riik
February 8, 2015

Kendov, bo zokah!
Mah fah ni naan!
Zaan wah pah!

by Mul klo riik
February 8, 2015

Kendov, bo zokah!
Mah fah ni naan!
Zaan wah pah!

Jordan L
February 10, 2015

zu'u fen kron hi fah narnia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that'd be mine

by Jordan L
February 10, 2015

zu'u fen kron hi fah narnia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that'd be mine

DiilMaarDur
February 22, 2015
I probably wouldn't do anything serious. Id probably be like… Vis hi dir lig?
by DiilMaarDur
February 22, 2015
I probably wouldn't do anything serious. Id probably be like… Vis hi dir lig?

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.