Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

HandWrited Alphabet

fowlron
April 15, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

Im here because i think the dragon alphabet is FAR to hard to be handwrited quickly, its a hard and slow process, so we should create an Alphabet that is easy and simple to write.

So, i talked to paarthurnax and i think we both agree that it would be helpfull to create an easy alphabet to us to write in real paper

Alright, i started one already im open to sugestions and tips.

Once its done and official, i may create a image with a better defenition then this one, because my phones camera is as good as nothing.

Ok, here is the img:

Sorry, i could not manage to post the image here, so here is the link:

http://i.imgur.com/8OKKsj0.jpg 

PS: Im portuguese, english is not my first lenguage so sorry about that

LOK, TH5M

by fowlron
April 15, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

Im here because i think the dragon alphabet is FAR to hard to be handwrited quickly, its a hard and slow process, so we should create an Alphabet that is easy and simple to write.

So, i talked to paarthurnax and i think we both agree that it would be helpfull to create an easy alphabet to us to write in real paper

Alright, i started one already im open to sugestions and tips.

Once its done and official, i may create a image with a better defenition then this one, because my phones camera is as good as nothing.

Ok, here is the img:

Sorry, i could not manage to post the image here, so here is the link:

http://i.imgur.com/8OKKsj0.jpg 

PS: Im portuguese, english is not my first lenguage so sorry about that

LOK, TH5M

ASTORKiT
April 15, 2013

Here's mine!

by ASTORKiT
April 15, 2013

Here's mine!

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 15, 2013

And mine:

​

I think we'll see a really great variety!  My trick is to write small and thin, that way I don't spend too much time on any letter.

by paarthurnax
April 15, 2013

And mine:

​

I think we'll see a really great variety!  My trick is to write small and thin, that way I don't spend too much time on any letter.

Chevvy
April 16, 2013

nice handwritings!

I'll post mine, too.
I have a 1st and a 2nd try both on squared paper because the squares allow you kinda to sort the lines a bit and where to begin with.

note to 1st:
above: written with a calligraphy pen
below: written with a simple ballpen (similar to fowlron's) in two versions. the second one here is even more simpler – like a sans serif but I don't really like that one.

note to 2nd:
above: written again with calligraphy pen + arrows that are showing where I started with writing each character (I'm lefthanded).
below: calligraphy pen again but written faster  (I tried not to concentrate on every line too long) and some random stuff with other pens + the square I use for writing.

______

Well… if you want to keep the look of the actual font a calligraphy pen or brush would be the best writing material. It's the best in my opinion. but the edgy one written with a ballpen is also okay. but I wouldn't write it without edges, because this looks way too simple.

by Chevvy
April 16, 2013

nice handwritings!

I'll post mine, too.
I have a 1st and a 2nd try both on squared paper because the squares allow you kinda to sort the lines a bit and where to begin with.

note to 1st:
above: written with a calligraphy pen
below: written with a simple ballpen (similar to fowlron's) in two versions. the second one here is even more simpler – like a sans serif but I don't really like that one.

note to 2nd:
above: written again with calligraphy pen + arrows that are showing where I started with writing each character (I'm lefthanded).
below: calligraphy pen again but written faster  (I tried not to concentrate on every line too long) and some random stuff with other pens + the square I use for writing.

______

Well… if you want to keep the look of the actual font a calligraphy pen or brush would be the best writing material. It's the best in my opinion. but the edgy one written with a ballpen is also okay. but I wouldn't write it without edges, because this looks way too simple.

fowlron
April 16, 2013

I like them, expecialy Chevvy's, i think the ideia would be ise thiner lines so that one can write it with a normal pen, but i like Chevvy'e letters with the caligraphy pen, but as i dont own one i cant see how it seems like to write those letters. I agree that the calligraphy pen would be the better choose, so that it keeps the original "old like" look, if you now what i mean, it seems and acient alphabet, look at word walls and youll now what i mean.

So, im out of ideas now...

by fowlron
April 16, 2013

I like them, expecialy Chevvy's, i think the ideia would be ise thiner lines so that one can write it with a normal pen, but i like Chevvy'e letters with the caligraphy pen, but as i dont own one i cant see how it seems like to write those letters. I agree that the calligraphy pen would be the better choose, so that it keeps the original "old like" look, if you now what i mean, it seems and acient alphabet, look at word walls and youll now what i mean.

So, im out of ideas now...

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 16, 2013

Chevvy, your handwriting is amazing!  Might I use your writing instructions for a future lesson?

I agree that the various hooks and claws shouldn't be cut out from the alphabet, as in the bottom most version in your first pic, Chevvy.  For those without calligraphy pens, our handwriting might look similar to the ball pen version you posted.

by paarthurnax
April 16, 2013

Chevvy, your handwriting is amazing!  Might I use your writing instructions for a future lesson?

I agree that the various hooks and claws shouldn't be cut out from the alphabet, as in the bottom most version in your first pic, Chevvy.  For those without calligraphy pens, our handwriting might look similar to the ball pen version you posted.

Chevvy
April 17, 2013

Thank you Paarthurnax! sure you can use it for a future lesson! :3
I'll do the same for my book – well for the work book to show how you can write it and where you should start with. (I'm still working on the content for the main book and it takes ages… )

by Chevvy
April 17, 2013

Thank you Paarthurnax! sure you can use it for a future lesson! :3
I'll do the same for my book – well for the work book to show how you can write it and where you should start with. (I'm still working on the content for the main book and it takes ages… )

Myufi
April 18, 2013

I'm very comfortable with writing it in extremely simplified format, as shown:

I apologize for the small picture, but my point is evident; I have been writing in this form for a while, and aside from A and Q, it is very easy to do. I did consider Chevvy's style with adding the 'tails' to the marks, but I prefer writing quickly, thus I enjoy writing in this style.

by Myufi
April 18, 2013

I'm very comfortable with writing it in extremely simplified format, as shown:

I apologize for the small picture, but my point is evident; I have been writing in this form for a while, and aside from A and Q, it is very easy to do. I did consider Chevvy's style with adding the 'tails' to the marks, but I prefer writing quickly, thus I enjoy writing in this style.

kaaz25
October 11, 2014

Beautiful handwritings! Here's mine. 

by kaaz25
October 11, 2014

Beautiful handwritings! Here's mine. 

Wuthrahzun
October 12, 2014

I don't have a camera, so I can't post mine, but you all look good. Chevvy, I like what you have done with your stroke directionality. Reminds me of Japanese stroke order for Kanji.

by Wuthrahzun
October 12, 2014

I don't have a camera, so I can't post mine, but you all look good. Chevvy, I like what you have done with your stroke directionality. Reminds me of Japanese stroke order for Kanji.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.