Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul script handwriting

Kaartii'ir
July 30, 2014

Since beginning my study in this I have become curious as how most people write Dovahzul by hand if they do at all. Examples would very much be appreciated.

by Kaartii'ir
July 30, 2014

Since beginning my study in this I have become curious as how most people write Dovahzul by hand if they do at all. Examples would very much be appreciated.

Ahmuldein
July 30, 2014

Look at this, http://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=390

The background (as you see im not native to English, i hope thats how you spell it!) the image background is dovahzul written by hand, dont do the effect of etching like they have in the game or have thick lines. Just make a small indentation like Paarthurnax has in the link above!

I hope i was helpful

by Ahmuldein
July 30, 2014

Look at this, http://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=390

The background (as you see im not native to English, i hope thats how you spell it!) the image background is dovahzul written by hand, dont do the effect of etching like they have in the game or have thick lines. Just make a small indentation like Paarthurnax has in the link above!

I hope i was helpful

Kaartii'ir
July 30, 2014

That does bring up a good intruductory point to Dovahzul handwriting. I would like to see the styles of individual people. Hopefully after I better develope my own handwring I can post an image of it. 

by Kaartii'ir
July 30, 2014

That does bring up a good intruductory point to Dovahzul handwriting. I would like to see the styles of individual people. Hopefully after I better develope my own handwring I can post an image of it. 

Aaliizah
August 1, 2014

Here's my handwriting. I'm a bit rusty, so I hope I didn't make any mistakes. Let me know if you'd like me to transcribe it!

by Aaliizah
August 1, 2014

Here's my handwriting. I'm a bit rusty, so I hope I didn't make any mistakes. Let me know if you'd like me to transcribe it!

Kaartii'ir
August 3, 2014

Thanks! Unfortunatly I'm only beginning so a translation would be nice. Good news is that the characters look familiar.

by Kaartii'ir
August 3, 2014

Thanks! Unfortunatly I'm only beginning so a translation would be nice. Good news is that the characters look familiar.

Aaliizah
August 3, 2014

Okay, here it is. The lowercase letters represent the diphthongs.

DREM YOL LOK. Zu'u aaLiiZah. DaaR Dii PEL. FEN PEL MAL LOVaaSSEDOVah Fah HI.

NUZ aaN SUL FENT ALOK FOD FIN VUL DOVah  NOK 

FEN KOS NahLOT MahFAERaaK ahRK RUZ

PaaZ KeiZaaL FEN KOS STIN NOL BeiN ALDUIN JOT

DOVahKiiN KOS FIN SaaViiK DO MUZ

SuuM ahRK MORah

This translates roughly to:

Greetings! I am Aaliizah. This is my handwriting. I will write a little of the Song of the Dragonborn for you.

(You can look up the translation to this bit. It's all over the place. :) )

Breath and focus.

by Aaliizah
August 3, 2014

Okay, here it is. The lowercase letters represent the diphthongs.

DREM YOL LOK. Zu'u aaLiiZah. DaaR Dii PEL. FEN PEL MAL LOVaaSSEDOVah Fah HI.

NUZ aaN SUL FENT ALOK FOD FIN VUL DOVah  NOK 

FEN KOS NahLOT MahFAERaaK ahRK RUZ

PaaZ KeiZaaL FEN KOS STIN NOL BeiN ALDUIN JOT

DOVahKiiN KOS FIN SaaViiK DO MUZ

SuuM ahRK MORah

This translates roughly to:

Greetings! I am Aaliizah. This is my handwriting. I will write a little of the Song of the Dragonborn for you.

(You can look up the translation to this bit. It's all over the place. :) )

Breath and focus.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.