alduinworshiper
August 6, 2014

give ressons possiblly why and why not

by alduinworshiper
August 6, 2014

give ressons possiblly why and why not

[deleted]
August 6, 2014

When you think about it, he's Alduin. He uses whatever shout he wants. Alduin is so powerful, he swallows planets. Literally. Perhaps he's so powerful, he doesn't need other shouts. If he had normal shouts, he'd be like all the other dragons. Perhaps he doesn't want to be like other dragons, I mean, he's the king. But he would look more awesome and powerful if he had their shouts and then some, but he doesn't. So it makes him look weak, but it makes him look strong. So, my final answer would have to be that I have no idea. :)

by [deleted]
August 6, 2014

When you think about it, he's Alduin. He uses whatever shout he wants. Alduin is so powerful, he swallows planets. Literally. Perhaps he's so powerful, he doesn't need other shouts. If he had normal shouts, he'd be like all the other dragons. Perhaps he doesn't want to be like other dragons, I mean, he's the king. But he would look more awesome and powerful if he had their shouts and then some, but he doesn't. So it makes him look weak, but it makes him look strong. So, my final answer would have to be that I have no idea. :)

alduinworshiper
August 6, 2014
Dillon

ok

by alduinworshiper
August 6, 2014
Dillon

ok

Ahmuldein
August 6, 2014
Dillon

Lol, thats always the case when perhaps or maybe appears twice and is referenced 3 times! 

by Ahmuldein
August 6, 2014
Dillon

Lol, thats always the case when perhaps or maybe appears twice and is referenced 3 times! 

[deleted]
August 6, 2014
Honestly, I used them to sound smart. I'm just a 12 year old kid. :)
by [deleted]
August 6, 2014
Honestly, I used them to sound smart. I'm just a 12 year old kid. :)

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 6, 2014

It's important to differentiate between gameplay and lore. For example, Shouts don't really have a "recharge time." That's a gameplay mechanic. Lore-wise, Alduin and most dragons in general would be able to use any Shout at will. 

by paarthurnax
August 6, 2014

It's important to differentiate between gameplay and lore. For example, Shouts don't really have a "recharge time." That's a gameplay mechanic. Lore-wise, Alduin and most dragons in general would be able to use any Shout at will. 

valromar
August 12, 2014

the shouts Alduin uses are helpful to him so why would he want to do something different when he has a system that works for him?

by valromar
August 12, 2014

the shouts Alduin uses are helpful to him so why would he want to do something different when he has a system that works for him?

Nivzahkun
August 12, 2014
paarthurnax

Yes, it is most likely that the game simply does not use the other shouts, he is said to have a thuum stronger than lesser dragons.

by Nivzahkun
August 12, 2014
paarthurnax

Yes, it is most likely that the game simply does not use the other shouts, he is said to have a thuum stronger than lesser dragons.

Malboviing
February 2, 2016

Plus, he is not a frost dragon, Paarthunax is (I think). Since in the lore, Paarthunax and Alduin are related. Alduin got fire, Paarthunax got ice. Alduin was headstrong, and only learned the shouts that would help him destroy things. Paarthunax was smart, and learned all the shouts, since when you first see him, he uses fire. And (This happened with me at least) Alduin (When he is at the Throat of the World) fights with Paarthunax for a little bit in between you trying to shout at him, that Paarthunax uses ice breath, and Alduin uses fire breath. Just a thought.

by Malboviing
February 2, 2016

Plus, he is not a frost dragon, Paarthunax is (I think). Since in the lore, Paarthunax and Alduin are related. Alduin got fire, Paarthunax got ice. Alduin was headstrong, and only learned the shouts that would help him destroy things. Paarthunax was smart, and learned all the shouts, since when you first see him, he uses fire. And (This happened with me at least) Alduin (When he is at the Throat of the World) fights with Paarthunax for a little bit in between you trying to shout at him, that Paarthunax uses ice breath, and Alduin uses fire breath. Just a thought.

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 2, 2016
Khajiit Thief

Dragons are in no way restricted to which Shouts they can know or use. That is a gameplay mechanic. There are unused audio files for dragons using a wide variety of Shouts that were cut from the final game. In lore terms, a dragon would have had most common Shouts at its disposal.

I have locked this thread since it was over 2 years old.

by paarthurnax
February 2, 2016
Khajiit Thief

Dragons are in no way restricted to which Shouts they can know or use. That is a gameplay mechanic. There are unused audio files for dragons using a wide variety of Shouts that were cut from the final game. In lore terms, a dragon would have had most common Shouts at its disposal.

I have locked this thread since it was over 2 years old.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.