A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A Dragon's Retreat Story: Number 1

Tolmikarc
August 10, 2014

Movarth Pinique’s Mortality

Chapter 1: Vraseth

I am Movarth Pinique, world renowned vampire hunter. I travel the world in search of adventure and in my opinion the undead serve as my challenge. I have always had an interest in vampires as a kid. I loved the idea of being immortal, and having supernatural abilities. I never really wanted to become a vampire but I had a great intrest in finding one. Then one night, while I was 9 years old, while I was sleeping I heard a scream. I sprinted out of my room and at the edge of the hall where my parents room was, I saw a shadow, almost float down the stairs. I say float because there was no noise whatsoever when it touched the ground. I didn’t chase after the thing rather go into my mothers room. She looked as though she was asleep, but I just heard her scream so she must be awake. Unless, it was some scary dream she had. I walked up beside her and noticed she didn’t look normal. She was completely white in the face. And then I saw it. Two holes in her neck a decent bit apart. It all formed in my head now. A vampire had just killed my mother.
    From then on I had no interest in finding a vampire to research about, I wanted to find a vampire to kill, specifically, the one that killed my mother.
    I started researching vampire clans when I was 17 and saw that one vampire clan fit the description of the quick, nimble, shadow I saw in my house when I was nine. The Vraseth vampires. I then started researching more about these Vraseth to find some weakness or strategy I could use to kill one. The only thing I could find was that though they were fast and nimble, they weren’t that intelligent which brought to me a strategy of killing one of them. It had to work.
    I made my way to the Vraseth only known lair after researching for quite some time, and tried very carefully to pick out the one who I knew was the murderer. A Redguard with really dark skin, and not very tall. I saw one that fit the match, and tried to get his attention by acting as if he was spying on him from behind a rock but he made sure the vampire saw me. I knew that vampire wouldn’t tell his other vampire friends about what he saw because he knew  it would be easy to kill a mortal, and he wanted the blood himself. I made my way out of there stealthily while knowing he was following me. When I got out I sprinted as far as possible and when I got far enough I started walking. I looked around as if I was a scared hopeless man, who just stumbled into that cave with no knowing of what he was doing. I then looked around and saw that this area had a lot of things the vampire could jump on. I knew the vampire would be upon me any second so he thought of his strategy. I brought 3 small daggers in my pants and 1 big one in my hand. He was ready.
    “You shouldn't have been so nosy little mortal… hsssssss,” He flung himself at me from behind and when I turned a round with a knife pointed at his chest he leaped back onto a boulder and then I knew what I had to do. He jumped around trying to confuse me and when he went from the left side to the right, I threw a knife in front of him causing him to go back to the left side on a back flip. Back flips aren’t to stable of a jump so when he got back on the left side boulder, he was a little off balance so my next knife landed straight in his chest, causing him to fall and turn into dust. I had done it, I had killed a vampire.

Chapter 2: Vaelicon Pomart

When I killed the vampire, I felt a rush inside that I have never felt before. I had avenged my mother and had fun in doing so. I then knew I would pursue a vampire hunting career. I traveled to a country named Cyrodil in search of a man named Vaelicon Pomart. He was in expert in all kinds of vampires. When I finally arrived at his house in the Imperial City, the capital of Cyrodil, and told him of my search for vampires. He loved seeing a man that took so much pride in his work. He told me that he wanted to get started that day.
    “Very nice Movarth, I see you already have experience with the Vraseth vampire clan. They can be pretty tough at times, even though they aren’t that intelligent. I wonder, do you have any idea what the Quarra clan is?”
    “Actually I think I have heard of them. Are they the ones who aren’t focused on a stealthy approach rather they like a more aggressive way of getting there prey?”
    “Precisely.”
    He then sent me off to the ash ridden country of Morrowind, where the biggest Volcano in the world resides. The Red Mountain. I started out looking in Vvardenfel which is where most books said he was. I went to the first chapel I could see in a city called Malkerdef and asked the priest whether he has ever seen any Quarra clan vampires around the area.
    “Hello. My name is Movarth Pinique. I am a vampire hunter in search of a specific clan of vampires called the Quarra clan. Have you ever seen one, or heard about where one was found. Or a group.”
    “ Actually yes I have heard of a group of Quarra not that long ago. There was a small farming village just north of here called Stahlmire that was just bunt to the ground and ransacked by a group of Quarra. Those filthy beasts.”
    “Thank you very much, sir,” And I was off to the village just North of there.
    The village looked horrible, and smelled horrible. There were halves of houses everywhere all burnt down, people lying on the streets with dried blood seeping down their necks with several large slashes through the body looking as though claws did it. I then heard whispering that got a little louder as I walked forward. There was one house in the middle of the village that hadn’t been harmed at all. I walked up to it as the whispers got louder, but I still could not hear what the whispers were saying. Until I got inside where the house looked like a regular house with only the fire lighting the room dimly. I could here the voices now as if they were right next to me.
    “Blood is what you need, blood is what we need, blood is what you need, blood is what we need. Blood is all!!!” And with that last sentence the fire went down and up really fast and I heard one more voice. “I guess you won’t need your blood anymore”. Then a Quarra vampire jumped down in front of my and slashed me with his blade leading to a huge sword battle. I thought it would never end when I realized the vampire had a strategy. He waited for me to strike so he could block causing me to be unbalanced and eventually if he did it well enough he could stab me in the chest. The next time I presented to do one strike and as he tried to block I moved my blade in a position causing his to fly from his hands. He then started using his claws. I could tell he wasn’t very smart to slash with his claws when I have a sword. I blocked one of his slashes and cut of his hand, and then as his was stunned with what had just happened I cut off his head. He turned into ash and I picked them all up and put it in a jar. I had killed a Quarra.
    I was very happy and proud on my way back to Vaelicon when a group of vampires shot the horses leading my carriage, and flipped over my carriage. One of them then hit me right on the nose with the blunt end of his sword and I was out cold.
    When I started to wake up I was laying down on an alter chained to it on my hands and feet. Next to me was a statue of the Daedric Prince Molag Bal (Daedric Princes are gods that aren’t bound to do anything. They entertain themselves anyway they want. In this case Molag Bal entertains himself by  torturing and enslaving mortals. He also created the first vampire.
    “Why can’t we just eat him now!” one of the vampires called out.
    “After the ritual. Our master needs this!”
    I then saw a vampire standing over me with a really weird shaped dagger in his hands. He was going to sacrifice me to Molag Bal.
    “You don’t want to do this,” I said in the spur of the moment.
    “Why wouldn’t I our master needs us to do this”
    “If you kill me you may never be able to take down the city of Malkerdef. I could lead you to the underground passage inside the cities Head House where the leaders of the city live. The passage is just on top of the mountain next to Stahlmire but there is a secret way to get in. Let me go and I can show you”
    There really was no secret passage, but I had a plan when they released me and gave me a dagger after I convinced them I needed it to get in.
    “How much farther?” one of the vampires called out.
    “Not that much farther.”
    When we finally got to the top I saw a tree and told them behind it is the entrance. There was bushes right by it and I knew what I had to do. I told them only one could go at a time or it wouldn't work. I took the first in line and told him to stand in the tree and try to make it so none of his body was showing from the other side of the tree. I then closed his mouth with my hand and stabbed him and put his ashes in my jar. I did the same for everyone until the last person who noticed all the dead vampire dust on the ground. He tried to bite me but I stabbed him in the chest fast enough. These vampires were not very smart. I then got another carriage and went to Vaelicon.
    “Good job Movarth, you killed some very powerful vampires. I would like to know how you killed so many and got all there dust in this jar?”
    So I told him how I did it and he was amazed how skilled I was in battle and how smart my plan was for the secret entrance. He also, admitted, the Quarra were a very stupid clan. He then gave me 3000 gold coins and told me to come back tomorrow for more work.

Chapter 3: Telboth Clan 

I came back to Vaelicon the next day. He told me about my next Vampire clan the Telboth. These are vampires that bite children and when the children are dead, the vampire disguises as the child and takes the place in the family later to kill the whole family one by one. These vampires lived in Valenwood, a very bright country with beautiful scenery.
    After traveling to Valenwood for a few weeks I arrived in a city called Procklam. This city was mainly for the richer high class people of Valenwood. When I got in the city I saw a man behind a building looking very scared. Then I saw a man jump out and it looked as though the one man that jumped out ate the other man whole. I went over to investigate. The one remaining man had red eyes and pale skin. He must’ve been one of the Yekef clan vampires. After observing for a little bit, he saw me and used some magic that forced me over to him. His mouth opened wider than my whole body height to where I couldn’t even see him behind his mouth. Inside his mouth was covered with blood. He had very sharp teeth. I quickly grabbed one of my knifes and put it in his lower lip and jabbed it all the way to the ground. While his mouth was stuck to the ground he tried stretching his mouth over me but I put my second knife in the back of his throat in time. He disintegrated into ashes. I took them anyway even though I was not hunting for Yekef vampires.
    I found the nearest inn and slept for the night. When I woke up I saw a note next to my bed. I read it in my head.

Hello Movarth Pinique. I heard you were in town and I wanted to give you a little riddle to show you where I am. I assure you, I am what you are looking for. Here it is: What has an bed but does no sleep, what has a mouth but does not eat, what has an eye but does not see, and what runs but has no feet? Thats all I can tell you. Figure it out and you will find me where it lies.

I thought hard for a long time until I realized a river has a bed, an eye, a mouth, and it runs. It also told me to find him where it lies. Where does the river lie. This is Valenwood, there is not many rivers. I then remember that the noble family that leads this town was the River family. Then the pieces fit together in my head. The Telboth vampire was going to take out the River family.
    I quickly got to the river family and told the parents of the 3 children in the River family what was going to happen and we needed to watch the children very carefully to make sure the Telboth can’t get to their children. Then the young boy names James ran in looking worried. He whispered to his mom and asked who I was. She told him I was inspecting the house to make sure it was safe. He then ran back up stairs. I asked if I could stay in a cellar or basement for the night. She said yes and after a day of investigating the house and not finding anything I went to sleep.
    Again I woke up with another note next to my sleeping pallet.

Very good job Movarth, you solved my riddle. But you were too late as I am already one of the 3 children in the family, but which one could I be? I guess you will have to find out yourself.

I then went upstairs to see a horrible mess. Things splattered everywhere and a man lying on the kitchen floor dead. The mother was crying next to the father’s body and the children stood around staring at the mess in shock. One of them was the killer. I ran upstairs and went into James room and locked the door. I looked all over for the body of a child. Couldn’t find anything other than a journal. It looked as if he wrote something in it every day except yesterday. Suspicious. I then looked in the other room of the girl Veronica’s room. I couldn’t find anything suspicious in her room. I then looked in Mary’s room. Nothing looked suspicious until I got into her closet. I saw the dead body of Mary in the closet.
    I went back downstairs and told the mother of my findings. she cried even more and this time for much longer. I then made sure to keep a close eye on Mary the whole time, but she did nothing suspicious the whole time. She went about her daily life. Late in the night once she went to sleep, I went to sleep also. I then woke up in the morning with another note.

Im impressed, you found the dead body. I saw you go upstairs and I knew what you were doing. The other children are so clueless. Well enough of that. Why don't you come upstairs, and maybe you will find another body in the same room.

I ran out of the cellar and sprinted upstairs. I ran into Mary’s room and the note was right, I did find another body. But it wasn’t the mother, James, or Veronica, it was Mary’s body.
    I searched in the closet and the other Mary’s body was still there. How did this happen. What did the vampire do. This time I didn’t even tell the mother, I looked in both James, and Veronica’s room. James was still asleep, while Veronica was reading a book suspiciously close to her face. I really thought it was james knowing he hadn’t written in his Journal for the past 2 days, but I went in Veronica’s room to investigate.
    “Hello Veronica.”
    “Hello Movarth Pinique,” she said as she brought her book down revealing a bloody mess on her face. She leaped towards me and I dodged and she hit the door. I jumped at her and tried to pin her down but she was to fast and vicious. While we were fighting, James came in the room and saw what was happening. I told him to get out of the house with his mom.
    Veronica had surprising strength, and the fight went downstairs as she threw me around and tried biting me over and over again, but for some reason I couldn’t see any fangs. Maybe it was because the disguise worked really well. Then I escaped for a few seconds and when she leaped at me I threw a knife in her chest and she fell to the floor. I waited for her body to disintegrate to ashes but it never did. Veronica wasn’t the vampire. I then looked outside the window to the  backside of the house, and saw James with his mother. When his mother started walking towards the house to see what happened I saw James’ fangs and red eyes as he crept up behind her. I then yelled at the mother to turn around she saw him and grabbed his hands as he leaped at her. I ran outside and stabbed him in the back and he turned to ashes. I then went back in the house upstairs and saw the second Mary’s body was gone. Just one lie on the floor. It was an illusion, and Veronica must’ve been possessed by James. I then left the house with all my stuff and called the guards to the River house. I wen’t back to Vaelicon the next day.
    “Very good Movarth, you succeeded again. What a strong and skillful man you are. Heres your money for the ashes. See you tomorrow right?”
    “Right.”

Chapter 4: Montalion & Anthotis

The next day when I came back to Vaelicon, he told me I would be facing two very complicated vampire clans. They both live in the Illac Bay like the one that killed my mother. The Montalion’s specialty was teleportation, and the Anthotis were really intelligent. If it was a game of chess, they could see a checkmate 5 moves before it happens. They can pick apart any strategy within seconds. I decided the Montalion would be easier so I went hunting for them first. I started looking around the Bjoulsae River in the Illac Bay where they normally make their lairs. I then saw a cave under a waterfall that looked like a mouth with 2 fangs hanging down from the entrance. I saw lots of torches and skulls hanging from the walls. I then saw a group of people in the back of the cave over a bunch of dead bodies. They were talking but I couldn’t hear what they were saying. I then decided I would come back the next day when I thought of a strategy. I then turned around and a vampire was right there. I tried stabbing it really quickly but it teleported away. I ran outside and I kept seeing the vampire appear a few feet away to the left of me. I had to think fast.
    At one point I stopped and prepared myself. It tried confusing me by teleporting in a diamond around me. I was sure I would end up with whiplash by the end with all these sudden head movements. Then it went behind me and I tried stabbing it but it teleported in the same diamond again. I then realized its strategy. It confuses me but then teleports behind me in the end. So what I did was held my knife out in front of me and circled around as it teleported around so when I got circling fast enough and it tried teleporting behind me it teleported already with my knife in his chest. I pulled it out and he turned to ashes.
    “Well that was easier than I thought,” and I was pretty sure I jinxed it when a group of Montalion appeared together and teleported around my all in different directions. I got one of the 4 with the same strategy I just used but the other 3 were still circling. I crouched down and started spinning in circles with my leg sticking out so when a vampire teleported I tripped him and stabbed it. I got 2 with that method and that left one remaining this time. It went in front of me and I tried slashing at it but it was behind me in a second and then when I tried getting it again it teleported. This time I couldn’t see where it was. But I knew it would teleport behind me so I held my dagger from my back. And when it teleported behind me like I predicted I backed into it with the knife and it turned to ashes. I collected the ashes and went to the Alik’r  Desert, the biggest desert in the world. When I got there I saw many weary travelers trying to get across the desert, but no vampires. Not even one lair. But when it became night, I became sleepy very fast and I fell down right there and fell asleep.
    I woke up in what looked like a prison cell with blood all over the floor. A pale man with red eyes let me out of my cell and led me to a room with not much light and a table in the middle of the room with one man sitting on the other side.
    “I was expecting you in the Alik’r Movarth Pinique.”
    “How were you expecting me and how do you know my name,” I questioned.
    “My ways are secret. And why would you need to know anyway, we are going to kill you anyway.”
    “What might a vampire like you want from a guy like me?”
    “You blood. We want the honor of taking down a world renowned vampire hunter.”
    “You never ever felt like you wanted to darken the sun and allow yourself to walk in the day with ease, because I know how you could do that.’
    “Yeah right. Im not stupid like the Quarra clan to believe your nonsense.”
    “So you don't believe that the god Auriel’s Bow held by the last remaining Snow Elves in Skyrim if shot with an Elven arrow with vampire blood on it can darken the sun with its bloodcurse?”
    “Hmph. Very convincing but no I don’t.”
    “Okay. Suit yourself. I have actually seen it happen so don’t believe me. Oh wait. You could probably read my mind just by touching me and see if I’m lying. I dare you to do it.”
    He then reached over and touched my hand and saw what I had seen many years ago when I was 15 living in Skyrim, the country holding the tallest mountain in the world, the Throat of the World.
    “Oh my, show me where it is now or I will rip your throat out.”
    “Not until you release me.”
    The man then released me and went on a trip with me to Skyrim. I told him we needed to stop in Cyrodil on the way though to get some of my supplies. We ended up next to Vaelicon’s house and when I went inside, he lead the way to make sure nothing was fishy. I pulled out a knife without any noise so I could stab him in the back, but before I could get a good grip on it, he turned around and threw me at a wall an pinned me on it. He forced my hand to drop the knife and tried biting me but I kneed him as hard as I could and got him to release he then saw my hand move one inch and threw a knife from his pocket at what I was reaching for, he saw what I was going to do before I did it. I then thought of a plan. I had to think about doing one thing and right at the end do another. So I thought about grabbing the glass bottle on a shelf and throwing at him as a distraction but when I moved about an ince he threw another knife at the bottle and I turned around and sprinted at hom with my long dagger and stabbed him right in the chest. And I was already at Vaelicon’s house to show him the ashes.
    “Wow Movarth, I actually didn’t expect you to ever get through with the Anthotis vampire. They know exactly what you are going to do before you do it. That must’ve been a hard one.”
    “Yes it was Vaelicon, yes it was”
    “Heres your money for the ashes, and I have probably the the most powerful with magic set of vampires you will ever fight.”
    “Is it the Cyrodil vampires because I really want to learn about those nameless clan vampires.”
    “We will do them after. See you tomorrow Movarth.”

Chapter 5: The Whet-Fang

The next day Vaelicon told me about the Whet-Fang. These vampires are all Argonians which are the lizard-like race of the country of Black Marsh a dark and swampy country. They use magic to make humans go into a magic induced coma so they can feed upon them permanently in lairs. To find a lair would take a lot of work and research. They are much more intelligent as the Anthotis and very powerful magic users.
    After half a year of researching and searching all of Black Marsh for the Whet-Fang, he found that in a huge maze-like cave called Whet-Darkness a large stone wall with some inscription on it. If you trace it with your finger the inscription lights up. I found that was how these inscriptions worked after talking to the lead Mage of the Mage’s Guild. Once the inscription is completely lit up the wall raises for you to go through.
    When I first got in, there was a long hallway with hanging blades going back in forth in oposite directions as the one after it. I had to run through to the other side of each blade one by one until I got to the other side where there was a lever to stop the blades from moving. The next trap had a thin iron wall in between 2 things. Water on one side, and running lava on the other. Of course water wont hurt you so I decided to walk through the water side but when I stepped in it started pulling me down, and it burnt too. It was like hot quicksand but liquified. I squirmed my way out and then went to the lava side. I put my finger in and nothing happened. The Lava was as cold as the water should’ve been. I swam across that side.
    The final trap was a riddle. Here was the riddle:
    Two bodies I have Joined into one
    The more I stand still the faster I run
    I flip on my head, some watch me with dread
    What am I?
    There were then many items on a table and I had to choose one. There was a book, wine, a sword, a shield, an hourglass, and a candle. Of course I chose the hourglass. A large door then opened and I saw lots of bodies with magical auras floating around them. I then heard voices.
    “I think Movarth Pinique is coming for us master.”
    “Don’t worry, just keep at a range and use magic.”
    The next thing you know an Argonian is standing in the corner and we meet eyes.
    “Don’t worry I don’t want to hurt you. I’m not even one of them. Just lay down and they will think you are in a coma.”
    So I went over to the empty stone bed and laid down like the other people. I kept my eyes open for now though. I looked over where the Argonian was and he was gone. I heard voices so I closed my eyes.
    “Here he is master, I got him to lay down for you, just put him in a coma.”
    I then jumped up and tackled the guy who made me lay down then I felt something in my back and I fell asleep within seconds.

I was nine again and in my room laying down on my bed reading a book. My mom walked in my room with a pale face and a frown. She stood in the doorway and started screaming. She never stopped so I got out of bed and went over to her. When I got closer, I smelled something. Something so good I just had to have it. The smell came from her neck. And I wanted it. I couldn’t hold back, I needed to see what it was, so I sank my teeth into her neck and sucked. My own mother’s neck. I couldn’t stop. I couldn’t stop until there was no more left. Whatever it was, I was addicted…
    The dream faded and another one came on.

I was cold and hungry for blood. I was alone in the wilderness. I saw a small lake. I crouched down beside it and saw that it was full of warm tasty blood. I sink my face into the pool and try to drink from the blood realizing my mouth has been sewn shut. I try to scream but nothing comes out. White hands reached up from the water and pulled me under…
    Then I woke up.
    “What are we going to do with him master. We can’t let him live even in a coma.”
    “I know young Whet. I know. I think we should kill him too.”
    The second I heard that I got up and snuck around the room in the shadows until behind the hight platform that the master was talking from to the rest of his clan and watched.
    “Hmmm. I smell warm blood close-by. Maybe right behind me?”
    He turned and almost saw me. But even if he didn’t see me he knew I was there. He shot a huge ball of lightning from his hand and nearly exploded a part of the platform. I got from my hiding spot and ran as members of the clan all started shooting spells at me. I ran faster and faster until I got out of there into the maze. At every corner there was a Whet-Fang. I finally saw the exit with a Whet-Fang standing in front of it. I ran full speed as I dodged the spells he was shooting at me and stabbed him through the face. I quickly took his ashes and ran. None of the Whet-Fang chased me from there.
    I took a carriage back to Cyrodil and told Vaelicon of my findings.
    “Good work Movarth. I see you found their weakness. Very smart. They are not good close up.”
    “Indeed. See you tomorrow.”

Chapter 6: The Volkihar

The next day Vaelicon told me of the most fearsome vampires ever known to man. The Volkihar clan. Vaelicon did not know much about these Volkihar but he did know you dont want to be in a long battle or they might turn into what they call their Vampire Lord Form which turns them into a gargoyle like monster that flies and has many powers. These vampires live in Skyrim.
    After a long time of researching in Cyrodil more about these Volkihar, I learned they only like cold areas. I went to northern Skyrim in search of a city called Winterhold. On a path to Winterhold I saw a weird scene. A young lady walking along later to drop something and when she went to pick it up something pulled her behind a stone pillar. I ran to help when an old lady came out from the opposite side of the path that the lady was taken to. She ran up to me.
    “Please, my daughter Anisa Guilder, she was just taken. I couldn’t see what the kidnapper looked like it was too fast. Please help. If you get her bring her to Winterhold if you can’t find me ask around the town about Betty Guilder, that’s my name. Please, quickly”
    I ran over behind the pillar. On the other side there was a dark feel to the world. As if the world’s spirit was taken. In the middle of the frozen lake I saw a stone sticking out of the ice with a robed figure standing behind it looking down at it. I got my dagger out and walked over to the stone. When I was almost there, a cold breeze flew against my eyes so I had to blink and when I did, the figure was gone. I then looked at the stone and written on it was “R.I.P. Here lies Anisa Guilder Who had No Family.” Then in small writing at the bottom of the stone it said “Look Down”. When I looked down, I saw a form under the water, pounding at the ice. I took my dagger and stabbed it in the ice and then the person under the water moved her finger from side to side as if saying no don’t do that. Then she reached up through the ice as if her hand was part of the ice and pulled me under. She started trying to bite me and claw at me but I didn’t let her. I then looked at her face and it was the old lady, Betty Guilder. I stabbed her in the chest and she smiled as she disintegrated. I was stuck under water in ice cold water and there was skeletons at the bottom. I slowly began to suffocate. I tried to break the ice but nothing worked. I drowned.

I woke up in another torture room in a cage with other people. They looked emotionless and when I tried talking to them, they said nothing, just moaned. Then I noticed they had bite marks all over their necks.
    A man who’s facial features looked surprisingly like a bat came in and told me it’s my turn to become one of them, the other people in my cage. He then grabbed me with supernatural strength and brought me to some dining hall with blood on the tables and vampires socializing. One in the middle looked like a monster. He had wings and a spine that wasn’t inside his body. He had a very dark look to him. He started talking in a very deep and boomy voice.
    “Welcome to castle Volkihar, Movarth Pinique. We have a lot to talk about now that your here.”
    “Like what”
    “Like whether you want to die, become one of us, or live as an emotionless thrall that we feed off of.”
    “I guess you will have to kill me because the other two choices sound horrible. A vampire is what killed my mother when I was young.”
    “Okay. Bite him all you want Namskur. Make sure its painful.”
    BOOOOOM!!!!!
    “What was that?!”
    Large men with swords, axes, and war hammers came charging in attacking vampires. Some of them were werewolves, some of them had armored trolls, and some used bright spells that looked like they were throwing mini suns. They took out every vampire except for the big one that flew and what looked like his daughter. They ran off and escaped. They freed me and let me go. I realized I still had the ashes in a jar that I caught underwater of the old lady. The jar was partially filled with water though. I didn’t think Vaelicon would care.
    “Great job Movarth once again. You have made me very happy to be your employer. Heres the money for the ashes. Come back tomorrow for one last type of vampire. There are more but you could do those when you get out into the world and you get to hunt on your own without my help. Congratulations apprentice. You are almost there.”

Chapter 7: The Nameless Clan Of Cyrodil

I was very excited for this day. I would complete my training as a vampire hunter. I only had one more vampire to kill. I could do it.
    Vaelicon wanted me to meet him this time in an abandoned house in the Imperial City, so they could make sure they weren’t being spied on. He told me about how the vampires of Cyrodil’s real name was lost many thousands of years ago. Today they just call them the vampires of Cyrodil. These vampire not only worshiped Molag Bal, they also worshiped Clavicus Vile the Daedric Prince of power and tempting pacts. These vampires made a pact with Clavicus that gave them to the power to blend in with people endlessly and never be suspected as a vampire. Clavicus always has a catch in his pacts though. If they fail in one part of the pact he made with them, they would be able to be seen if candle light was close up to their faces. They did fail in one part and that part of the pact did occur but that didn’t worry the vampires. They could still walk around and act as if regular people.
    He told me there was no specific location of vampires in Cyrodil. They were scattered about. He also told me it would take a very long time to find one, and that I may not even find one at all. He made sure I knew to come back in 1 year if I never found any.
    For a long time I searched. Not once did I see any clues of where one could be. I could’ve been standing next to one 30 times and not know it. I accused many people of being vampires later finding out they weren’t vampires. It was a long and boring time searching. I had no adrenaline rush that I liked when I killed a vampire. 
    A year passed and I went back to Vaelicon Pomart. He knew I wouldn't find one, so he proposed to help me find one.
    “Maybe you just didn’t look in the places that were obvious.”
    “Believe me I looked everywhere.” And as I said that the lights in the room went out.”
    “Oh my, we should probably get out of here, but I have one more question. Did you look at them next to candlelight.” And as he said that the candle he was holding the whole time lit up again and I saw that he was a vampire.
    “I haven’t fed in a year.” His teeth then sank into my neck and I couldn’t push him off I tried to scream but I was already fading.
    I woke up one of them…

Epilogue:

Rather then trying to cure myself I learned from him my powers as a vampire, and how good it felt. After training me in the way of the vampire for many years. He let me go out into the world.
    I ended up in Skyrim after turning almost a whole city called Morthal into vampires. I was creating an army, and I will someday, go back to the Imperial City, and take over. There will be nothing you can do to stop me!

by Tolmikarc
August 10, 2014

Movarth Pinique’s Mortality

Chapter 1: Vraseth

I am Movarth Pinique, world renowned vampire hunter. I travel the world in search of adventure and in my opinion the undead serve as my challenge. I have always had an interest in vampires as a kid. I loved the idea of being immortal, and having supernatural abilities. I never really wanted to become a vampire but I had a great intrest in finding one. Then one night, while I was 9 years old, while I was sleeping I heard a scream. I sprinted out of my room and at the edge of the hall where my parents room was, I saw a shadow, almost float down the stairs. I say float because there was no noise whatsoever when it touched the ground. I didn’t chase after the thing rather go into my mothers room. She looked as though she was asleep, but I just heard her scream so she must be awake. Unless, it was some scary dream she had. I walked up beside her and noticed she didn’t look normal. She was completely white in the face. And then I saw it. Two holes in her neck a decent bit apart. It all formed in my head now. A vampire had just killed my mother.
    From then on I had no interest in finding a vampire to research about, I wanted to find a vampire to kill, specifically, the one that killed my mother.
    I started researching vampire clans when I was 17 and saw that one vampire clan fit the description of the quick, nimble, shadow I saw in my house when I was nine. The Vraseth vampires. I then started researching more about these Vraseth to find some weakness or strategy I could use to kill one. The only thing I could find was that though they were fast and nimble, they weren’t that intelligent which brought to me a strategy of killing one of them. It had to work.
    I made my way to the Vraseth only known lair after researching for quite some time, and tried very carefully to pick out the one who I knew was the murderer. A Redguard with really dark skin, and not very tall. I saw one that fit the match, and tried to get his attention by acting as if he was spying on him from behind a rock but he made sure the vampire saw me. I knew that vampire wouldn’t tell his other vampire friends about what he saw because he knew  it would be easy to kill a mortal, and he wanted the blood himself. I made my way out of there stealthily while knowing he was following me. When I got out I sprinted as far as possible and when I got far enough I started walking. I looked around as if I was a scared hopeless man, who just stumbled into that cave with no knowing of what he was doing. I then looked around and saw that this area had a lot of things the vampire could jump on. I knew the vampire would be upon me any second so he thought of his strategy. I brought 3 small daggers in my pants and 1 big one in my hand. He was ready.
    “You shouldn't have been so nosy little mortal… hsssssss,” He flung himself at me from behind and when I turned a round with a knife pointed at his chest he leaped back onto a boulder and then I knew what I had to do. He jumped around trying to confuse me and when he went from the left side to the right, I threw a knife in front of him causing him to go back to the left side on a back flip. Back flips aren’t to stable of a jump so when he got back on the left side boulder, he was a little off balance so my next knife landed straight in his chest, causing him to fall and turn into dust. I had done it, I had killed a vampire.

Chapter 2: Vaelicon Pomart

When I killed the vampire, I felt a rush inside that I have never felt before. I had avenged my mother and had fun in doing so. I then knew I would pursue a vampire hunting career. I traveled to a country named Cyrodil in search of a man named Vaelicon Pomart. He was in expert in all kinds of vampires. When I finally arrived at his house in the Imperial City, the capital of Cyrodil, and told him of my search for vampires. He loved seeing a man that took so much pride in his work. He told me that he wanted to get started that day.
    “Very nice Movarth, I see you already have experience with the Vraseth vampire clan. They can be pretty tough at times, even though they aren’t that intelligent. I wonder, do you have any idea what the Quarra clan is?”
    “Actually I think I have heard of them. Are they the ones who aren’t focused on a stealthy approach rather they like a more aggressive way of getting there prey?”
    “Precisely.”
    He then sent me off to the ash ridden country of Morrowind, where the biggest Volcano in the world resides. The Red Mountain. I started out looking in Vvardenfel which is where most books said he was. I went to the first chapel I could see in a city called Malkerdef and asked the priest whether he has ever seen any Quarra clan vampires around the area.
    “Hello. My name is Movarth Pinique. I am a vampire hunter in search of a specific clan of vampires called the Quarra clan. Have you ever seen one, or heard about where one was found. Or a group.”
    “ Actually yes I have heard of a group of Quarra not that long ago. There was a small farming village just north of here called Stahlmire that was just bunt to the ground and ransacked by a group of Quarra. Those filthy beasts.”
    “Thank you very much, sir,” And I was off to the village just North of there.
    The village looked horrible, and smelled horrible. There were halves of houses everywhere all burnt down, people lying on the streets with dried blood seeping down their necks with several large slashes through the body looking as though claws did it. I then heard whispering that got a little louder as I walked forward. There was one house in the middle of the village that hadn’t been harmed at all. I walked up to it as the whispers got louder, but I still could not hear what the whispers were saying. Until I got inside where the house looked like a regular house with only the fire lighting the room dimly. I could here the voices now as if they were right next to me.
    “Blood is what you need, blood is what we need, blood is what you need, blood is what we need. Blood is all!!!” And with that last sentence the fire went down and up really fast and I heard one more voice. “I guess you won’t need your blood anymore”. Then a Quarra vampire jumped down in front of my and slashed me with his blade leading to a huge sword battle. I thought it would never end when I realized the vampire had a strategy. He waited for me to strike so he could block causing me to be unbalanced and eventually if he did it well enough he could stab me in the chest. The next time I presented to do one strike and as he tried to block I moved my blade in a position causing his to fly from his hands. He then started using his claws. I could tell he wasn’t very smart to slash with his claws when I have a sword. I blocked one of his slashes and cut of his hand, and then as his was stunned with what had just happened I cut off his head. He turned into ash and I picked them all up and put it in a jar. I had killed a Quarra.
    I was very happy and proud on my way back to Vaelicon when a group of vampires shot the horses leading my carriage, and flipped over my carriage. One of them then hit me right on the nose with the blunt end of his sword and I was out cold.
    When I started to wake up I was laying down on an alter chained to it on my hands and feet. Next to me was a statue of the Daedric Prince Molag Bal (Daedric Princes are gods that aren’t bound to do anything. They entertain themselves anyway they want. In this case Molag Bal entertains himself by  torturing and enslaving mortals. He also created the first vampire.
    “Why can’t we just eat him now!” one of the vampires called out.
    “After the ritual. Our master needs this!”
    I then saw a vampire standing over me with a really weird shaped dagger in his hands. He was going to sacrifice me to Molag Bal.
    “You don’t want to do this,” I said in the spur of the moment.
    “Why wouldn’t I our master needs us to do this”
    “If you kill me you may never be able to take down the city of Malkerdef. I could lead you to the underground passage inside the cities Head House where the leaders of the city live. The passage is just on top of the mountain next to Stahlmire but there is a secret way to get in. Let me go and I can show you”
    There really was no secret passage, but I had a plan when they released me and gave me a dagger after I convinced them I needed it to get in.
    “How much farther?” one of the vampires called out.
    “Not that much farther.”
    When we finally got to the top I saw a tree and told them behind it is the entrance. There was bushes right by it and I knew what I had to do. I told them only one could go at a time or it wouldn't work. I took the first in line and told him to stand in the tree and try to make it so none of his body was showing from the other side of the tree. I then closed his mouth with my hand and stabbed him and put his ashes in my jar. I did the same for everyone until the last person who noticed all the dead vampire dust on the ground. He tried to bite me but I stabbed him in the chest fast enough. These vampires were not very smart. I then got another carriage and went to Vaelicon.
    “Good job Movarth, you killed some very powerful vampires. I would like to know how you killed so many and got all there dust in this jar?”
    So I told him how I did it and he was amazed how skilled I was in battle and how smart my plan was for the secret entrance. He also, admitted, the Quarra were a very stupid clan. He then gave me 3000 gold coins and told me to come back tomorrow for more work.

Chapter 3: Telboth Clan 

I came back to Vaelicon the next day. He told me about my next Vampire clan the Telboth. These are vampires that bite children and when the children are dead, the vampire disguises as the child and takes the place in the family later to kill the whole family one by one. These vampires lived in Valenwood, a very bright country with beautiful scenery.
    After traveling to Valenwood for a few weeks I arrived in a city called Procklam. This city was mainly for the richer high class people of Valenwood. When I got in the city I saw a man behind a building looking very scared. Then I saw a man jump out and it looked as though the one man that jumped out ate the other man whole. I went over to investigate. The one remaining man had red eyes and pale skin. He must’ve been one of the Yekef clan vampires. After observing for a little bit, he saw me and used some magic that forced me over to him. His mouth opened wider than my whole body height to where I couldn’t even see him behind his mouth. Inside his mouth was covered with blood. He had very sharp teeth. I quickly grabbed one of my knifes and put it in his lower lip and jabbed it all the way to the ground. While his mouth was stuck to the ground he tried stretching his mouth over me but I put my second knife in the back of his throat in time. He disintegrated into ashes. I took them anyway even though I was not hunting for Yekef vampires.
    I found the nearest inn and slept for the night. When I woke up I saw a note next to my bed. I read it in my head.

Hello Movarth Pinique. I heard you were in town and I wanted to give you a little riddle to show you where I am. I assure you, I am what you are looking for. Here it is: What has an bed but does no sleep, what has a mouth but does not eat, what has an eye but does not see, and what runs but has no feet? Thats all I can tell you. Figure it out and you will find me where it lies.

I thought hard for a long time until I realized a river has a bed, an eye, a mouth, and it runs. It also told me to find him where it lies. Where does the river lie. This is Valenwood, there is not many rivers. I then remember that the noble family that leads this town was the River family. Then the pieces fit together in my head. The Telboth vampire was going to take out the River family.
    I quickly got to the river family and told the parents of the 3 children in the River family what was going to happen and we needed to watch the children very carefully to make sure the Telboth can’t get to their children. Then the young boy names James ran in looking worried. He whispered to his mom and asked who I was. She told him I was inspecting the house to make sure it was safe. He then ran back up stairs. I asked if I could stay in a cellar or basement for the night. She said yes and after a day of investigating the house and not finding anything I went to sleep.
    Again I woke up with another note next to my sleeping pallet.

Very good job Movarth, you solved my riddle. But you were too late as I am already one of the 3 children in the family, but which one could I be? I guess you will have to find out yourself.

I then went upstairs to see a horrible mess. Things splattered everywhere and a man lying on the kitchen floor dead. The mother was crying next to the father’s body and the children stood around staring at the mess in shock. One of them was the killer. I ran upstairs and went into James room and locked the door. I looked all over for the body of a child. Couldn’t find anything other than a journal. It looked as if he wrote something in it every day except yesterday. Suspicious. I then looked in the other room of the girl Veronica’s room. I couldn’t find anything suspicious in her room. I then looked in Mary’s room. Nothing looked suspicious until I got into her closet. I saw the dead body of Mary in the closet.
    I went back downstairs and told the mother of my findings. she cried even more and this time for much longer. I then made sure to keep a close eye on Mary the whole time, but she did nothing suspicious the whole time. She went about her daily life. Late in the night once she went to sleep, I went to sleep also. I then woke up in the morning with another note.

Im impressed, you found the dead body. I saw you go upstairs and I knew what you were doing. The other children are so clueless. Well enough of that. Why don't you come upstairs, and maybe you will find another body in the same room.

I ran out of the cellar and sprinted upstairs. I ran into Mary’s room and the note was right, I did find another body. But it wasn’t the mother, James, or Veronica, it was Mary’s body.
    I searched in the closet and the other Mary’s body was still there. How did this happen. What did the vampire do. This time I didn’t even tell the mother, I looked in both James, and Veronica’s room. James was still asleep, while Veronica was reading a book suspiciously close to her face. I really thought it was james knowing he hadn’t written in his Journal for the past 2 days, but I went in Veronica’s room to investigate.
    “Hello Veronica.”
    “Hello Movarth Pinique,” she said as she brought her book down revealing a bloody mess on her face. She leaped towards me and I dodged and she hit the door. I jumped at her and tried to pin her down but she was to fast and vicious. While we were fighting, James came in the room and saw what was happening. I told him to get out of the house with his mom.
    Veronica had surprising strength, and the fight went downstairs as she threw me around and tried biting me over and over again, but for some reason I couldn’t see any fangs. Maybe it was because the disguise worked really well. Then I escaped for a few seconds and when she leaped at me I threw a knife in her chest and she fell to the floor. I waited for her body to disintegrate to ashes but it never did. Veronica wasn’t the vampire. I then looked outside the window to the  backside of the house, and saw James with his mother. When his mother started walking towards the house to see what happened I saw James’ fangs and red eyes as he crept up behind her. I then yelled at the mother to turn around she saw him and grabbed his hands as he leaped at her. I ran outside and stabbed him in the back and he turned to ashes. I then went back in the house upstairs and saw the second Mary’s body was gone. Just one lie on the floor. It was an illusion, and Veronica must’ve been possessed by James. I then left the house with all my stuff and called the guards to the River house. I wen’t back to Vaelicon the next day.
    “Very good Movarth, you succeeded again. What a strong and skillful man you are. Heres your money for the ashes. See you tomorrow right?”
    “Right.”

Chapter 4: Montalion & Anthotis

The next day when I came back to Vaelicon, he told me I would be facing two very complicated vampire clans. They both live in the Illac Bay like the one that killed my mother. The Montalion’s specialty was teleportation, and the Anthotis were really intelligent. If it was a game of chess, they could see a checkmate 5 moves before it happens. They can pick apart any strategy within seconds. I decided the Montalion would be easier so I went hunting for them first. I started looking around the Bjoulsae River in the Illac Bay where they normally make their lairs. I then saw a cave under a waterfall that looked like a mouth with 2 fangs hanging down from the entrance. I saw lots of torches and skulls hanging from the walls. I then saw a group of people in the back of the cave over a bunch of dead bodies. They were talking but I couldn’t hear what they were saying. I then decided I would come back the next day when I thought of a strategy. I then turned around and a vampire was right there. I tried stabbing it really quickly but it teleported away. I ran outside and I kept seeing the vampire appear a few feet away to the left of me. I had to think fast.
    At one point I stopped and prepared myself. It tried confusing me by teleporting in a diamond around me. I was sure I would end up with whiplash by the end with all these sudden head movements. Then it went behind me and I tried stabbing it but it teleported in the same diamond again. I then realized its strategy. It confuses me but then teleports behind me in the end. So what I did was held my knife out in front of me and circled around as it teleported around so when I got circling fast enough and it tried teleporting behind me it teleported already with my knife in his chest. I pulled it out and he turned to ashes.
    “Well that was easier than I thought,” and I was pretty sure I jinxed it when a group of Montalion appeared together and teleported around my all in different directions. I got one of the 4 with the same strategy I just used but the other 3 were still circling. I crouched down and started spinning in circles with my leg sticking out so when a vampire teleported I tripped him and stabbed it. I got 2 with that method and that left one remaining this time. It went in front of me and I tried slashing at it but it was behind me in a second and then when I tried getting it again it teleported. This time I couldn’t see where it was. But I knew it would teleport behind me so I held my dagger from my back. And when it teleported behind me like I predicted I backed into it with the knife and it turned to ashes. I collected the ashes and went to the Alik’r  Desert, the biggest desert in the world. When I got there I saw many weary travelers trying to get across the desert, but no vampires. Not even one lair. But when it became night, I became sleepy very fast and I fell down right there and fell asleep.
    I woke up in what looked like a prison cell with blood all over the floor. A pale man with red eyes let me out of my cell and led me to a room with not much light and a table in the middle of the room with one man sitting on the other side.
    “I was expecting you in the Alik’r Movarth Pinique.”
    “How were you expecting me and how do you know my name,” I questioned.
    “My ways are secret. And why would you need to know anyway, we are going to kill you anyway.”
    “What might a vampire like you want from a guy like me?”
    “You blood. We want the honor of taking down a world renowned vampire hunter.”
    “You never ever felt like you wanted to darken the sun and allow yourself to walk in the day with ease, because I know how you could do that.’
    “Yeah right. Im not stupid like the Quarra clan to believe your nonsense.”
    “So you don't believe that the god Auriel’s Bow held by the last remaining Snow Elves in Skyrim if shot with an Elven arrow with vampire blood on it can darken the sun with its bloodcurse?”
    “Hmph. Very convincing but no I don’t.”
    “Okay. Suit yourself. I have actually seen it happen so don’t believe me. Oh wait. You could probably read my mind just by touching me and see if I’m lying. I dare you to do it.”
    He then reached over and touched my hand and saw what I had seen many years ago when I was 15 living in Skyrim, the country holding the tallest mountain in the world, the Throat of the World.
    “Oh my, show me where it is now or I will rip your throat out.”
    “Not until you release me.”
    The man then released me and went on a trip with me to Skyrim. I told him we needed to stop in Cyrodil on the way though to get some of my supplies. We ended up next to Vaelicon’s house and when I went inside, he lead the way to make sure nothing was fishy. I pulled out a knife without any noise so I could stab him in the back, but before I could get a good grip on it, he turned around and threw me at a wall an pinned me on it. He forced my hand to drop the knife and tried biting me but I kneed him as hard as I could and got him to release he then saw my hand move one inch and threw a knife from his pocket at what I was reaching for, he saw what I was going to do before I did it. I then thought of a plan. I had to think about doing one thing and right at the end do another. So I thought about grabbing the glass bottle on a shelf and throwing at him as a distraction but when I moved about an ince he threw another knife at the bottle and I turned around and sprinted at hom with my long dagger and stabbed him right in the chest. And I was already at Vaelicon’s house to show him the ashes.
    “Wow Movarth, I actually didn’t expect you to ever get through with the Anthotis vampire. They know exactly what you are going to do before you do it. That must’ve been a hard one.”
    “Yes it was Vaelicon, yes it was”
    “Heres your money for the ashes, and I have probably the the most powerful with magic set of vampires you will ever fight.”
    “Is it the Cyrodil vampires because I really want to learn about those nameless clan vampires.”
    “We will do them after. See you tomorrow Movarth.”

Chapter 5: The Whet-Fang

The next day Vaelicon told me about the Whet-Fang. These vampires are all Argonians which are the lizard-like race of the country of Black Marsh a dark and swampy country. They use magic to make humans go into a magic induced coma so they can feed upon them permanently in lairs. To find a lair would take a lot of work and research. They are much more intelligent as the Anthotis and very powerful magic users.
    After half a year of researching and searching all of Black Marsh for the Whet-Fang, he found that in a huge maze-like cave called Whet-Darkness a large stone wall with some inscription on it. If you trace it with your finger the inscription lights up. I found that was how these inscriptions worked after talking to the lead Mage of the Mage’s Guild. Once the inscription is completely lit up the wall raises for you to go through.
    When I first got in, there was a long hallway with hanging blades going back in forth in oposite directions as the one after it. I had to run through to the other side of each blade one by one until I got to the other side where there was a lever to stop the blades from moving. The next trap had a thin iron wall in between 2 things. Water on one side, and running lava on the other. Of course water wont hurt you so I decided to walk through the water side but when I stepped in it started pulling me down, and it burnt too. It was like hot quicksand but liquified. I squirmed my way out and then went to the lava side. I put my finger in and nothing happened. The Lava was as cold as the water should’ve been. I swam across that side.
    The final trap was a riddle. Here was the riddle:
    Two bodies I have Joined into one
    The more I stand still the faster I run
    I flip on my head, some watch me with dread
    What am I?
    There were then many items on a table and I had to choose one. There was a book, wine, a sword, a shield, an hourglass, and a candle. Of course I chose the hourglass. A large door then opened and I saw lots of bodies with magical auras floating around them. I then heard voices.
    “I think Movarth Pinique is coming for us master.”
    “Don’t worry, just keep at a range and use magic.”
    The next thing you know an Argonian is standing in the corner and we meet eyes.
    “Don’t worry I don’t want to hurt you. I’m not even one of them. Just lay down and they will think you are in a coma.”
    So I went over to the empty stone bed and laid down like the other people. I kept my eyes open for now though. I looked over where the Argonian was and he was gone. I heard voices so I closed my eyes.
    “Here he is master, I got him to lay down for you, just put him in a coma.”
    I then jumped up and tackled the guy who made me lay down then I felt something in my back and I fell asleep within seconds.

I was nine again and in my room laying down on my bed reading a book. My mom walked in my room with a pale face and a frown. She stood in the doorway and started screaming. She never stopped so I got out of bed and went over to her. When I got closer, I smelled something. Something so good I just had to have it. The smell came from her neck. And I wanted it. I couldn’t hold back, I needed to see what it was, so I sank my teeth into her neck and sucked. My own mother’s neck. I couldn’t stop. I couldn’t stop until there was no more left. Whatever it was, I was addicted…
    The dream faded and another one came on.

I was cold and hungry for blood. I was alone in the wilderness. I saw a small lake. I crouched down beside it and saw that it was full of warm tasty blood. I sink my face into the pool and try to drink from the blood realizing my mouth has been sewn shut. I try to scream but nothing comes out. White hands reached up from the water and pulled me under…
    Then I woke up.
    “What are we going to do with him master. We can’t let him live even in a coma.”
    “I know young Whet. I know. I think we should kill him too.”
    The second I heard that I got up and snuck around the room in the shadows until behind the hight platform that the master was talking from to the rest of his clan and watched.
    “Hmmm. I smell warm blood close-by. Maybe right behind me?”
    He turned and almost saw me. But even if he didn’t see me he knew I was there. He shot a huge ball of lightning from his hand and nearly exploded a part of the platform. I got from my hiding spot and ran as members of the clan all started shooting spells at me. I ran faster and faster until I got out of there into the maze. At every corner there was a Whet-Fang. I finally saw the exit with a Whet-Fang standing in front of it. I ran full speed as I dodged the spells he was shooting at me and stabbed him through the face. I quickly took his ashes and ran. None of the Whet-Fang chased me from there.
    I took a carriage back to Cyrodil and told Vaelicon of my findings.
    “Good work Movarth. I see you found their weakness. Very smart. They are not good close up.”
    “Indeed. See you tomorrow.”

Chapter 6: The Volkihar

The next day Vaelicon told me of the most fearsome vampires ever known to man. The Volkihar clan. Vaelicon did not know much about these Volkihar but he did know you dont want to be in a long battle or they might turn into what they call their Vampire Lord Form which turns them into a gargoyle like monster that flies and has many powers. These vampires live in Skyrim.
    After a long time of researching in Cyrodil more about these Volkihar, I learned they only like cold areas. I went to northern Skyrim in search of a city called Winterhold. On a path to Winterhold I saw a weird scene. A young lady walking along later to drop something and when she went to pick it up something pulled her behind a stone pillar. I ran to help when an old lady came out from the opposite side of the path that the lady was taken to. She ran up to me.
    “Please, my daughter Anisa Guilder, she was just taken. I couldn’t see what the kidnapper looked like it was too fast. Please help. If you get her bring her to Winterhold if you can’t find me ask around the town about Betty Guilder, that’s my name. Please, quickly”
    I ran over behind the pillar. On the other side there was a dark feel to the world. As if the world’s spirit was taken. In the middle of the frozen lake I saw a stone sticking out of the ice with a robed figure standing behind it looking down at it. I got my dagger out and walked over to the stone. When I was almost there, a cold breeze flew against my eyes so I had to blink and when I did, the figure was gone. I then looked at the stone and written on it was “R.I.P. Here lies Anisa Guilder Who had No Family.” Then in small writing at the bottom of the stone it said “Look Down”. When I looked down, I saw a form under the water, pounding at the ice. I took my dagger and stabbed it in the ice and then the person under the water moved her finger from side to side as if saying no don’t do that. Then she reached up through the ice as if her hand was part of the ice and pulled me under. She started trying to bite me and claw at me but I didn’t let her. I then looked at her face and it was the old lady, Betty Guilder. I stabbed her in the chest and she smiled as she disintegrated. I was stuck under water in ice cold water and there was skeletons at the bottom. I slowly began to suffocate. I tried to break the ice but nothing worked. I drowned.

I woke up in another torture room in a cage with other people. They looked emotionless and when I tried talking to them, they said nothing, just moaned. Then I noticed they had bite marks all over their necks.
    A man who’s facial features looked surprisingly like a bat came in and told me it’s my turn to become one of them, the other people in my cage. He then grabbed me with supernatural strength and brought me to some dining hall with blood on the tables and vampires socializing. One in the middle looked like a monster. He had wings and a spine that wasn’t inside his body. He had a very dark look to him. He started talking in a very deep and boomy voice.
    “Welcome to castle Volkihar, Movarth Pinique. We have a lot to talk about now that your here.”
    “Like what”
    “Like whether you want to die, become one of us, or live as an emotionless thrall that we feed off of.”
    “I guess you will have to kill me because the other two choices sound horrible. A vampire is what killed my mother when I was young.”
    “Okay. Bite him all you want Namskur. Make sure its painful.”
    BOOOOOM!!!!!
    “What was that?!”
    Large men with swords, axes, and war hammers came charging in attacking vampires. Some of them were werewolves, some of them had armored trolls, and some used bright spells that looked like they were throwing mini suns. They took out every vampire except for the big one that flew and what looked like his daughter. They ran off and escaped. They freed me and let me go. I realized I still had the ashes in a jar that I caught underwater of the old lady. The jar was partially filled with water though. I didn’t think Vaelicon would care.
    “Great job Movarth once again. You have made me very happy to be your employer. Heres the money for the ashes. Come back tomorrow for one last type of vampire. There are more but you could do those when you get out into the world and you get to hunt on your own without my help. Congratulations apprentice. You are almost there.”

Chapter 7: The Nameless Clan Of Cyrodil

I was very excited for this day. I would complete my training as a vampire hunter. I only had one more vampire to kill. I could do it.
    Vaelicon wanted me to meet him this time in an abandoned house in the Imperial City, so they could make sure they weren’t being spied on. He told me about how the vampires of Cyrodil’s real name was lost many thousands of years ago. Today they just call them the vampires of Cyrodil. These vampire not only worshiped Molag Bal, they also worshiped Clavicus Vile the Daedric Prince of power and tempting pacts. These vampires made a pact with Clavicus that gave them to the power to blend in with people endlessly and never be suspected as a vampire. Clavicus always has a catch in his pacts though. If they fail in one part of the pact he made with them, they would be able to be seen if candle light was close up to their faces. They did fail in one part and that part of the pact did occur but that didn’t worry the vampires. They could still walk around and act as if regular people.
    He told me there was no specific location of vampires in Cyrodil. They were scattered about. He also told me it would take a very long time to find one, and that I may not even find one at all. He made sure I knew to come back in 1 year if I never found any.
    For a long time I searched. Not once did I see any clues of where one could be. I could’ve been standing next to one 30 times and not know it. I accused many people of being vampires later finding out they weren’t vampires. It was a long and boring time searching. I had no adrenaline rush that I liked when I killed a vampire. 
    A year passed and I went back to Vaelicon Pomart. He knew I wouldn't find one, so he proposed to help me find one.
    “Maybe you just didn’t look in the places that were obvious.”
    “Believe me I looked everywhere.” And as I said that the lights in the room went out.”
    “Oh my, we should probably get out of here, but I have one more question. Did you look at them next to candlelight.” And as he said that the candle he was holding the whole time lit up again and I saw that he was a vampire.
    “I haven’t fed in a year.” His teeth then sank into my neck and I couldn’t push him off I tried to scream but I was already fading.
    I woke up one of them…

Epilogue:

Rather then trying to cure myself I learned from him my powers as a vampire, and how good it felt. After training me in the way of the vampire for many years. He let me go out into the world.
    I ended up in Skyrim after turning almost a whole city called Morthal into vampires. I was creating an army, and I will someday, go back to the Imperial City, and take over. There will be nothing you can do to stop me!

Ahmuldein
August 11, 2014

Im gonna make a couple reviews real fast.

"Speachless!" from The New York Times

"A real spine chiller!" from John Green, author of, The Fault In Our Stars

"Bloody, grutesque, outstanding, I highly recommend it!" from The New York Review

by Ahmuldein
August 11, 2014

Im gonna make a couple reviews real fast.

"Speachless!" from The New York Times

"A real spine chiller!" from John Green, author of, The Fault In Our Stars

"Bloody, grutesque, outstanding, I highly recommend it!" from The New York Review

Ahmuldein
August 11, 2014

Paarthurnax!!! Add this to the library!

by Ahmuldein
August 11, 2014

Paarthurnax!!! Add this to the library!

Tolmikarc
August 11, 2014

Dem yol lok Ahmuldein. Nox hi kung. Thank you very much for your appreciation. I would also like some suggestions for my next story. Writing is my passion and this is the perfect topic to do it on. I always accept suggestions from a fahdon dovah.

by Tolmikarc
August 11, 2014

Dem yol lok Ahmuldein. Nox hi kung. Thank you very much for your appreciation. I would also like some suggestions for my next story. Writing is my passion and this is the perfect topic to do it on. I always accept suggestions from a fahdon dovah.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.