Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Site Suggestion: Polls

otakufreak40
August 18, 2014

Drem yol lok, paarthurnax ahrk vorey Dovahzulaanne.

This forum post is a request to add polls to the site. I was considering asking a poll for what manga I should translate after I finish translating the first chapter of The Hobbit; or, There and Back Again when I realized that no such option seems to exist.

I think that this would be a useful addition if a user wanted to ask a poll in regards to (for example) "What of these should I translate next?" or "Which sounds better as a new word for x?" or "Which of the following languages should I make a Dovahzul grammar for?". Things like that.

Please consider,
otakufreak40

by otakufreak40
August 18, 2014

Drem yol lok, paarthurnax ahrk vorey Dovahzulaanne.

This forum post is a request to add polls to the site. I was considering asking a poll for what manga I should translate after I finish translating the first chapter of The Hobbit; or, There and Back Again when I realized that no such option seems to exist.

I think that this would be a useful addition if a user wanted to ask a poll in regards to (for example) "What of these should I translate next?" or "Which sounds better as a new word for x?" or "Which of the following languages should I make a Dovahzul grammar for?". Things like that.

Please consider,
otakufreak40

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 18, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion. For now I'd recommend using strawpoll.me. It's easy to set up and use, and you could simply link to your poll in the relevant thread.

by paarthurnax
August 18, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion. For now I'd recommend using strawpoll.me. It's easy to set up and use, and you could simply link to your poll in the relevant thread.

Mul klo riik
September 11, 2014

I would appreaciate a poll system, I'd definately use it, hope this get's added paarthurnax.

by Mul klo riik
September 11, 2014

I would appreaciate a poll system, I'd definately use it, hope this get's added paarthurnax.

Zauniglom
September 15, 2014

Personally, I think that we need to take a poll on this. Joking aside, this is a good idea, fairly easy to implement, and we could do it through HTML. Ask me tomorrow. I'll try - Attempt is below, I set up thuumpoll.net63.net and set it up the php stuff there. Alas, it didn't save. The results would have shown as

yes||no
at http://thuumpoll.net63.net/poll.txt

by Zauniglom
September 15, 2014

Personally, I think that we need to take a poll on this. Joking aside, this is a good idea, fairly easy to implement, and we could do it through HTML. Ask me tomorrow. I'll try - Attempt is below, I set up thuumpoll.net63.net and set it up the php stuff there. Alas, it didn't save. The results would have shown as

yes||no
at http://thuumpoll.net63.net/poll.txt

Zauniglom
September 16, 2014

This is a test, please ignore this if I fail.

Should we have polls?

Yes:
No:  

Yup, this failed. But I would still vote yes.

by Zauniglom
September 16, 2014

Should we have polls?

Yes:
No:  

Mul klo riik
October 7, 2014
Dinok

Should we have polls?

Yes:
No:  

Did you forget to add ENTER?

by Mul klo riik
October 7, 2014
Dinok

Should we have polls?

Yes:
No:  

Did you forget to add ENTER?

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.