Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I used to be a Dragonborn, then Neloth took my leg

Arylos
August 24, 2014

OK, so far, my only theory to this is that the game still thinks that I'm still in the "float" animation from when you enter Neloth's house Tel Mithryin.

Basically, I floated up with no problem, handled my business, then took on Neloth's Briarheart quest. After that, I went into his enchanting room and found the Black Book Hidden Twilight. Read it in the room, went through it, and came out with Mora's Boon no problem. Then I try to leave. I float down and the first thing I notice is that I'm a bit higher than normal. Didn't think anything of it, until I took a step outside and tried to walk. My walking animation works, but I don't move. I go into third person and I see this.

So, I think it would be good to go back inside and try again, and hopefully it will break. Nope. It is then that I see the whole problem.

It appears that I am still stuck in the animation. I can't move, Whirlwind Sprint doesn't work, and jumping doesn't work. Once I was outside, I summoned Arvak and I was able to mount him and ride him all the way to Raven Rock, but once I got off, I was stuck again, even though my feet are touching the ground.

I also don't want to reload my save because I turned my autosave off to prevent freezing so my only save files are from a LONG while back and the other autosaves from wait, change, location, and rest are only from trying to fix this glitch so reloading just puts me back into the same position.

I can't play Skyrim like this and I don't want to go back and redo everything. I already had to do that once with a little accident involving a dragon, Raven Rock, and accidently hitting the wrong person. Any advice would help.

by Arylos
August 24, 2014

OK, so far, my only theory to this is that the game still thinks that I'm still in the "float" animation from when you enter Neloth's house Tel Mithryin.

Basically, I floated up with no problem, handled my business, then took on Neloth's Briarheart quest. After that, I went into his enchanting room and found the Black Book Hidden Twilight. Read it in the room, went through it, and came out with Mora's Boon no problem. Then I try to leave. I float down and the first thing I notice is that I'm a bit higher than normal. Didn't think anything of it, until I took a step outside and tried to walk. My walking animation works, but I don't move. I go into third person and I see this.

So, I think it would be good to go back inside and try again, and hopefully it will break. Nope. It is then that I see the whole problem.

It appears that I am still stuck in the animation. I can't move, Whirlwind Sprint doesn't work, and jumping doesn't work. Once I was outside, I summoned Arvak and I was able to mount him and ride him all the way to Raven Rock, but once I got off, I was stuck again, even though my feet are touching the ground.

I also don't want to reload my save because I turned my autosave off to prevent freezing so my only save files are from a LONG while back and the other autosaves from wait, change, location, and rest are only from trying to fix this glitch so reloading just puts me back into the same position.

I can't play Skyrim like this and I don't want to go back and redo everything. I already had to do that once with a little accident involving a dragon, Raven Rock, and accidently hitting the wrong person. Any advice would help.

Loniizrath
August 26, 2014

If you're on PC, open the console, and use TGM, then TCL. Fly upwards about 100 feet, the use TCL again. You should fall to the ground, but TGM will prevent your death.

If on Xbox or PS3, I guess you'll just have to use Arvak to move from place to place.

by Loniizrath
August 26, 2014

If you're on PC, open the console, and use TGM, then TCL. Fly upwards about 100 feet, the use TCL again. You should fall to the ground, but TGM will prevent your death.

If on Xbox or PS3, I guess you'll just have to use Arvak to move from place to place.

Arylos
August 26, 2014
Toxikyle

You know what's funny; a couple hours before I read that today, I decided to try that, and it worked just fine. (I play on 360, but I transfer my saves between PC and 360)

So, dilemma solved. Thanks though.

by Arylos
August 26, 2014
Toxikyle

You know what's funny; a couple hours before I read that today, I decided to try that, and it worked just fine. (I play on 360, but I transfer my saves between PC and 360)

So, dilemma solved. Thanks though.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.