Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Elder Scrolls music

Arylos
September 8, 2014

OK, I was inspired by the artist Music of Sound with his music and I thought it would be a nice idea to start writing some music for Skyrim and the rest of Elder Scrolls.

I have melodies in order, but I need ideas to write about. Practically all ideas have been used and repeating the same music over and over again just seems redundant. We've all heard 300 different variants of the Skyrim theme. It's time for something new.

Anything you guys think would make a good song or is something that all of us agree need music, be sure to tell me. I will write something and post a video. Anything at all works. The only things I won't do are;

The Skyrim main theme

Sovngarde

"Sovngarde Song"-Miracle of Sound

"Nord Mead"-Miracle of Sound

Age of Oppression/Regression (unless rewritten)

The Dragonborn Comes

These songs are a bit redundant and repeatative. It's time for something new and unique. Any ideas or songs you want written will work so long as they are not the above, or major rewriting will be in order.

Give me all of your favorite or least favorite moments in Skyrim or Elder Scrolls and I'll get to writing.

by Arylos
September 8, 2014

OK, I was inspired by the artist Music of Sound with his music and I thought it would be a nice idea to start writing some music for Skyrim and the rest of Elder Scrolls.

I have melodies in order, but I need ideas to write about. Practically all ideas have been used and repeating the same music over and over again just seems redundant. We've all heard 300 different variants of the Skyrim theme. It's time for something new.

Anything you guys think would make a good song or is something that all of us agree need music, be sure to tell me. I will write something and post a video. Anything at all works. The only things I won't do are;

The Skyrim main theme

Sovngarde

"Sovngarde Song"-Miracle of Sound

"Nord Mead"-Miracle of Sound

Age of Oppression/Regression (unless rewritten)

The Dragonborn Comes

These songs are a bit redundant and repeatative. It's time for something new and unique. Any ideas or songs you want written will work so long as they are not the above, or major rewriting will be in order.

Give me all of your favorite or least favorite moments in Skyrim or Elder Scrolls and I'll get to writing.

Kroren
September 8, 2014

Something that would be awesome is writing music for areas we havent even gotten to explore yet. I myself write music sometimes, and something i know is you write music based on the mood or feel of something or an enviroment. So back to my idea, it would be awesome writing music for a place like Black Marsh or Summerset isle, Valenwood, or anywhere that hasnt gotten its own game yet *cough* black marsh *cough*. Just research the type of enviroments they take place in and try and write some music based on the enviroment. Might be fun challenge!

Hope this helps :D

by Kroren
September 8, 2014

Something that would be awesome is writing music for areas we havent even gotten to explore yet. I myself write music sometimes, and something i know is you write music based on the mood or feel of something or an enviroment. So back to my idea, it would be awesome writing music for a place like Black Marsh or Summerset isle, Valenwood, or anywhere that hasnt gotten its own game yet *cough* black marsh *cough*. Just research the type of enviroments they take place in and try and write some music based on the enviroment. Might be fun challenge!

Arylos
September 8, 2014
DracTak

I could try that. I'll start with Black Marsh and see what I can get from it. I want to do Elsweyr later on, but I'll wait until I know the plot of Elder Scrolls VI. For now, let's start with Black Marsh.

by Arylos
September 8, 2014
DracTak

I could try that. I'll start with Black Marsh and see what I can get from it. I want to do Elsweyr later on, but I'll wait until I know the plot of Elder Scrolls VI. For now, let's start with Black Marsh.

Loniizrath
September 9, 2014

Can you write a theme song for Miraak?

by Loniizrath
September 9, 2014

Arylos
September 10, 2014
Toxikyle

I probably can. What kind are you looking for? What the dragons thought of him? The things he did? What he believes? Ect.

by Arylos
September 10, 2014
Toxikyle

I probably can. What kind are you looking for? What the dragons thought of him? The things he did? What he believes? Ect.

Loniizrath
September 11, 2014
Arylos
Toxikyle

I don't know. I just think it's strange that one of the most memorable characters in TES didn't get his own song. He should have one.

If you make an instrumental, I can mod it in as the music that plays during the fight with him.

by Loniizrath
September 11, 2014
Arylos
Toxikyle

I don't know. I just think it's strange that one of the most memorable characters in TES didn't get his own song. He should have one.

If you make an instrumental, I can mod it in as the music that plays during the fight with him.

Arylos
September 11, 2014
Toxikyle
Arylos
Toxikyle

I can do the same thing. I suppose that once I write something, I'll put in the istrumental as well, that has background vocals.

I'm thinking on making it what the dragons would sing about him and the background vocals that could be played during the fight would be dragon tongue for similar lyrics. It would be pretty interesting.

The dragons would see Miraak as a traitor and a great enemy, so this song should be pretty dark and strong. But everytime I see the bones outside Miraak's temple, it makes me feel sorry, so I guess it could be a mixture of mourning and revenge.

by Arylos
September 11, 2014
Toxikyle
Arylos
Toxikyle

I can do the same thing. I suppose that once I write something, I'll put in the istrumental as well, that has background vocals.

I'm thinking on making it what the dragons would sing about him and the background vocals that could be played during the fight would be dragon tongue for similar lyrics. It would be pretty interesting.

The dragons would see Miraak as a traitor and a great enemy, so this song should be pretty dark and strong. But everytime I see the bones outside Miraak's temple, it makes me feel sorry, so I guess it could be a mixture of mourning and revenge.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.