Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Wikipedia Page?

1  2 > >>  

Paaljurzind
September 17, 2014

Of the many constructed languages documented on Wikipedia, I've noticed that

DOV4ZUL
is not one of them.  I thought about creating one myself, but I have little experience writing Wikipedia articles, so I was wondering if anyone else would like to help.

by Paaljurzind
September 17, 2014

Of the many constructed languages documented on Wikipedia, I've noticed that

DOV4ZUL
is not one of them.  I thought about creating one myself, but I have little experience writing Wikipedia articles, so I was wondering if anyone else would like to help.

Loniizrath
September 17, 2014

I can help.

by Loniizrath
September 17, 2014

I can help.

Paaljurzind
September 18, 2014

Would this website be considered a valid source?

by Paaljurzind
September 18, 2014

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 18, 2014
Paaljurzind

Only in regards to any mention you might make of the project here. For the same reasons, I would say that The Elder Scrolls Wiki and UESP would be invalid citations also. Here are some useful references:

by paarthurnax
September 18, 2014
Paaljurzind

Only in regards to any mention you might make of the project here. For the same reasons, I would say that The Elder Scrolls Wiki and UESP would be invalid citations also. Here are some useful references:

Paaljurzind
September 18, 2014
paarthurnax
Paaljurzind

Thanks!  I'm going to try to get a first draft done this weekend.

by Paaljurzind
September 18, 2014
paarthurnax
Paaljurzind

Thanks!  I'm going to try to get a first draft done this weekend.

Paaljurzind
September 21, 2014

Well, my browser crashed and somehow undid an hour of work DESPITE my frequent clicking of the save button. 

RUTH

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

by Paaljurzind
September 21, 2014

Well, my browser crashed and somehow undid an hour of work DESPITE my frequent clicking of the save button. 

RUTH

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Paaljurzind
September 22, 2014

This post has been deleted.

by Paaljurzind
September 22, 2014

This post has been deleted.

Paaljurzind
September 23, 2014

Basically, is the Dovahzul font under a free license?

by Paaljurzind
September 23, 2014

Basically, is the Dovahzul font under a free license?

Paaljurzind
September 27, 2014

Can someone please help me out here?  Can I upload a self-made Dovahzul translation chart without violating any copyright laws?

by Paaljurzind
September 27, 2014

Can someone please help me out here?  Can I upload a self-made Dovahzul translation chart without violating any copyright laws?

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 27, 2014
Paaljurzind

I can't give you a straight yes or no answer, but so far we haven't run into any problems using the font, nor have others.

by paarthurnax
September 27, 2014
Paaljurzind

I can't give you a straight yes or no answer, but so far we haven't run into any problems using the font, nor have others.

Sketchi Devil
September 30, 2014
Paaljurzind

From my experiecnes with Zenimax/Bethesda Softworks if you are not using their things for profit and/or taking credit for their work you are fine. They love fan made creations and also encourge you to share things on their pages. While right now the only Elder Scrolls they are focused on is The Elder Scrolls Online they still would take notice to a more concrete location of things. While thuum.org is absolutely awesome, they will reference awesome fan wikis.

Tl;dr version

Don't claim to own anything and do not make money off of it, and they're cool. Bethesda/Zenimax love fan mde stuff and will pay attention to a good fan made wiki.

by Sketchi Devil
September 30, 2014
Paaljurzind

From my experiecnes with Zenimax/Bethesda Softworks if you are not using their things for profit and/or taking credit for their work you are fine. They love fan made creations and also encourge you to share things on their pages. While right now the only Elder Scrolls they are focused on is The Elder Scrolls Online they still would take notice to a more concrete location of things. While thuum.org is absolutely awesome, they will reference awesome fan wikis.

Tl;dr version

Don't claim to own anything and do not make money off of it, and they're cool. Bethesda/Zenimax love fan mde stuff and will pay attention to a good fan made wiki.

Paaljurzind
October 1, 2014

Thanks, I'm still new to this sort of thing. Also, I've been caught up with renovations for the past week, so I haven't had as much free time as I would have liked, but thankfully it's almost done.

by Paaljurzind
October 1, 2014

Thanks, I'm still new to this sort of thing. Also, I've been caught up with renovations for the past week, so I haven't had as much free time as I would have liked, but thankfully it's almost done.

Sketchi Devil
October 2, 2014
Paaljurzind

Do you have a link to the Wiki Page Draft?

by Sketchi Devil
October 2, 2014
Paaljurzind

Do you have a link to the Wiki Page Draft?

Paaljurzind
October 2, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Dovahzul#About

Only reason I didn't post it before was because I wasn't sure whether other people could edit it or not.

If anyone has some changes they would like to make, please feel free!

by Paaljurzind
October 2, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Dovahzul#About

Only reason I didn't post it before was because I wasn't sure whether other people could edit it or not.

If anyone has some changes they would like to make, please feel free!

BeanBuster
November 27, 2014

Can someone who knows better dovahzul confirm that usually you are using the long sound of a letter, eg. Strunmah pronounced Stroonmah instead of Strunmah.

by BeanBuster
November 27, 2014

Can someone who knows better dovahzul confirm that usually you are using the long sound of a letter, eg. Strunmah pronounced Stroonmah instead of Strunmah.

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.