Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

the curse of foresight

Mulqoreyn
September 22, 2014

I have thought about this for some time, should we not take steps to broden the bounds of the site? or are we doomed to pass like a leaf in a flowing river?

by Mulqoreyn
September 22, 2014

I have thought about this for some time, should we not take steps to broden the bounds of the site? or are we doomed to pass like a leaf in a flowing river?

DovahKiinZaan
September 23, 2014

All languages are. The only difference is: this sight has a relatively small community. All we can do is hope that Bethesda keeps dovahzul in their games. 

or we can expand the site to other sites. Otherwise the language will last about as long as we do. 

by DovahKiinZaan
September 23, 2014

All languages are. The only difference is: this sight has a relatively small community. All we can do is hope that Bethesda keeps dovahzul in their games. 

or we can expand the site to other sites. Otherwise the language will last about as long as we do. 

Mulqoreyn
September 24, 2014

that is exacly what i mean, i guess all we can hope is that the community will grow more.

by Mulqoreyn
September 24, 2014

that is exacly what i mean, i guess all we can hope is that the community will grow more.

DovahKiinZaan
September 26, 2014
Mulqoreyn

Dovahzul will never get a big language like klignon did, but it may get larger still.

DOV4ZUL ONKIV J8R

by DovahKiinZaan
September 26, 2014
Mulqoreyn

Dovahzul will never get a big language like klignon did, but it may get larger still.

DOV4ZUL ONKIV J8R

Mulhahlor
September 29, 2014

Maybe we will see another game with Dovahzul, perhaps set in the Dragon War.

by Mulhahlor
September 29, 2014

Maybe we will see another game with Dovahzul, perhaps set in the Dragon War.

Mul klo riik
October 2, 2014

Everything mortal fades away in time. Perhaps in order to keep alive, we will need to part from Bethesda. It is during this time, I believe, that the lines between canon, and non-canon will split. War will pass, it is inevitable.

When the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. No one wanted to believe. Believe it would ever happen. But when the truth finally dawned, it dawned on fire.

Ro fus, maybe we only serve to balance the forces that quicken the inevitable. Su'um ahrk morah. For now, we have our language, and for now, even if just for now, I will learn, and understand the Way of the Voice. For now, let us not cease.

MINDOR1N F1L TH5M

TINV1K F1L TH5M

ZAN SHAROT TH5M

P4 FEN QUIL1N US SHAROT TH5MU

TH5MU FEN D7

by Mul klo riik
October 2, 2014

Everything mortal fades away in time. Perhaps in order to keep alive, we will need to part from Bethesda. It is during this time, I believe, that the lines between canon, and non-canon will split. War will pass, it is inevitable.

When the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. No one wanted to believe. Believe it would ever happen. But when the truth finally dawned, it dawned on fire.

Ro fus, maybe we only serve to balance the forces that quicken the inevitable. Su'um ahrk morah. For now, we have our language, and for now, even if just for now, I will learn, and understand the Way of the Voice. For now, let us not cease.

MINDOR1N F1L TH5M

TINV1K F1L TH5M

ZAN SHAROT TH5M

P4 FEN QUIL1N US SHAROT TH5MU

TH5MU FEN D7

DJbrony
October 27, 2014

Well like every ancient langauge always fades after an long age like if maybe the dragonborn taught people the way of the voice it might stick but eh anything happens?

by DJbrony
October 27, 2014

Well like every ancient langauge always fades after an long age like if maybe the dragonborn taught people the way of the voice it might stick but eh anything happens?

DovahKiinZaan
October 27, 2014

Well, skyrim may not be the last game with dragon

by DovahKiinZaan
October 27, 2014

Well, skyrim may not be the last game with dragon

DJbrony
October 27, 2014

Depends maybe? We will just have to wait and see for sure

by DJbrony
October 27, 2014

Depends maybe? We will just have to wait and see for sure

dovahnite
November 8, 2014

Bethesda's not supid. I think they know how popular a lot of elements from Skyrim are and will probably make sure they at least cameo in TES6, 7, 8, etc.

by dovahnite
November 8, 2014

Bethesda's not supid. I think they know how popular a lot of elements from Skyrim are and will probably make sure they at least cameo in TES6, 7, 8, etc.

DovahKiinZaan
November 11, 2014

Only just realised: Dragon tongue appears in elder scrolls 6, they'll use a different dictionary, and we'll have to redo a lot of hard work

by DovahKiinZaan
November 11, 2014

Only just realised: Dragon tongue appears in elder scrolls 6, they'll use a different dictionary, and we'll have to redo a lot of hard work

Mulhahlor
November 13, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

We would only have to change a few things, as they might only reference it fleetingly. And a lot of words are based off of canon words, and this site is referenced a lot on other pages, so who knows, they may use Thuum.org to get their words.

Hopeful thinking, but still.

by Mulhahlor
November 13, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

We would only have to change a few things, as they might only reference it fleetingly. And a lot of words are based off of canon words, and this site is referenced a lot on other pages, so who knows, they may use Thuum.org to get their words.

Hopeful thinking, but still.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.