A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Card Game Project : Recruitment

1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

Volaanir
October 8, 2014

-EDIT 1

We need more programmers!! Our priority now is recruit more persons with coding skills!

So, if anyone has seen this topic http://thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=650, you probably know that me, the user Mul klo riik and others users are making an trading card game based on the Skyrim universe.

I am here to call some volunteers to the project. The game will be made by the forum community, but the development team will be there to moderate the creative flow and make the game real.

So this are the skills we are looking for the team

• Programming: someone need to make the rules became lines of code;
  • Design: the game not only must solid and stable, but it also need to be good looking;
  • Illustration: it would be good if the cards had some sort of image;
  • Music creation: a background music will be a great addition to the game

More skills or team members could be needed in the middle of the development, so stay tuned.

The members of team will not start their work right away, we need to create the game before start the work with the application, but is also part of their duty to care about the development process as whole, so nobody will be slacking off while their part don't begin.

After that, with you still want to make part of the team, this is how you should make your request:

Name: (your username on the forum)

Skill(s): (a little desciption in what you can help, and how good you are on it)

Reason: (say why you want to make part of the project)

We will analyze the posts in this topic and send a private message with the invite. You DEFINETELY should use this thread, any private message asking a position will be disregarded.

This is all we had to say, we hope meet good people to make part of our team. Sincerely, Volaanir, team second in command and main rulemaker.

by Volaanir
October 8, 2014

-EDIT 1

We need more programmers!! Our priority now is recruit more persons with coding skills!

So, if anyone has seen this topic http://thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=650, you probably know that me, the user Mul klo riik and others users are making an trading card game based on the Skyrim universe.

I am here to call some volunteers to the project. The game will be made by the forum community, but the development team will be there to moderate the creative flow and make the game real.

So this are the skills we are looking for the team

• Programming: someone need to make the rules became lines of code;
  • Design: the game not only must solid and stable, but it also need to be good looking;
  • Illustration: it would be good if the cards had some sort of image;
  • Music creation: a background music will be a great addition to the game

More skills or team members could be needed in the middle of the development, so stay tuned.

The members of team will not start their work right away, we need to create the game before start the work with the application, but is also part of their duty to care about the development process as whole, so nobody will be slacking off while their part don't begin.

After that, with you still want to make part of the team, this is how you should make your request:

Name: (your username on the forum)

Skill(s): (a little desciption in what you can help, and how good you are on it)

Reason: (say why you want to make part of the project)

We will analyze the posts in this topic and send a private message with the invite. You DEFINETELY should use this thread, any private message asking a position will be disregarded.

This is all we had to say, we hope meet good people to make part of our team. Sincerely, Volaanir, team second in command and main rulemaker.

DovahKiinZaan
October 9, 2014

Am I like third in command or something?

by DovahKiinZaan
October 9, 2014

Volaanir
October 9, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

you are also our lead programmer

by Volaanir
October 9, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

you are also our lead programmer

Sahkrahfaas
October 9, 2014

-EDITED

NAME: Sahkrahfaas

SKILLS: Playing guitar, but I can't compose and I'm not the best at chord changes or playing quickly (and I have no recording equipment) and I can draw. I think I'm pretty good at digital but I'm better on paper, and again I have no equipment to take decent photos of a drawing on paper.

REASON: The school holidays have started, and I don't have much to do because Skyrim keeps crashing and my internet is being stupid and blocking most of the sites I go on regularly. I draw a lot in my spare time anyway.

I could also advertise the game on other websites when we need to, I know a community of Skyrim players on another (pretty big) forum and I'm sure me and the owner of the Skyrim thread could work something out so I can tell the other people about it. When I'm somewhere the internet actually works.

by Sahkrahfaas
October 9, 2014

-EDITED

NAME: Sahkrahfaas

SKILLS: Playing guitar, but I can't compose and I'm not the best at chord changes or playing quickly (and I have no recording equipment) and I can draw. I think I'm pretty good at digital but I'm better on paper, and again I have no equipment to take decent photos of a drawing on paper.

REASON: The school holidays have started, and I don't have much to do because Skyrim keeps crashing and my internet is being stupid and blocking most of the sites I go on regularly. I draw a lot in my spare time anyway.

I could also advertise the game on other websites when we need to, I know a community of Skyrim players on another (pretty big) forum and I'm sure me and the owner of the Skyrim thread could work something out so I can tell the other people about it. When I'm somewhere the internet actually works.

Volaanir
October 9, 2014
Sahkrahfaas

I can play guitar but I couldn't compose good music to save my life... heh

I am quite good at drawing so I could help with art stuff c:

You could be a great help, but it's better to us if you do your request using the model I provided in the first post,  so we can  analyze it better and make the whole thing look professional. Just because this is fan-made, it's doesn't means that it would be an amateur work. We want the community to be proud of itself by making this game.

by Volaanir
October 9, 2014
Sahkrahfaas

I can play guitar but I couldn't compose good music to save my life... heh

I am quite good at drawing so I could help with art stuff c:

You could be a great help, but it's better to us if you do your request using the model I provided in the first post,  so we can  analyze it better and make the whole thing look professional. Just because this is fan-made, it's doesn't means that it would be an amateur work. We want the community to be proud of itself by making this game.

Ahmuldein
October 12, 2014

Name: Ahmuldein

Skills: I must admit that I am horrible at digital art unless the surcumstances are fitting. I have played and beaten Skyrim 3 times so I have some knowlege of the game. Also, I really hate saying that I'm good at things, but I'm a really good artist on paper, drawing is something I have always done and been good at.

Reason: I can really see this as being popular since skyrim is a popular game and since there is a lot of....stuff...in Skyrim, like Dovahzul, dragons, characters, groups (Theives Guild, Dark Brotherhood, etc.) I also have a lot of experience with trading card games. I was considered a professional Yu-Gi-Oh (its been a while, I probably misspelled that) player and I was introduced to Magic: The Gathering, so I understand another structure of trading card games.  I can see this working since there is a game behind this trading card game (skyrim, obviously) but there is also a tv show about Yu-Gi-Oh, so I have seen things like this work in the past

by Ahmuldein
October 12, 2014

Name: Ahmuldein

Skills: I must admit that I am horrible at digital art unless the surcumstances are fitting. I have played and beaten Skyrim 3 times so I have some knowlege of the game. Also, I really hate saying that I'm good at things, but I'm a really good artist on paper, drawing is something I have always done and been good at.

Reason: I can really see this as being popular since skyrim is a popular game and since there is a lot of....stuff...in Skyrim, like Dovahzul, dragons, characters, groups (Theives Guild, Dark Brotherhood, etc.) I also have a lot of experience with trading card games. I was considered a professional Yu-Gi-Oh (its been a while, I probably misspelled that) player and I was introduced to Magic: The Gathering, so I understand another structure of trading card games.  I can see this working since there is a game behind this trading card game (skyrim, obviously) but there is also a tv show about Yu-Gi-Oh, so I have seen things like this work in the past

Ahmuldein
October 12, 2014

Circumstances*

by Ahmuldein
October 12, 2014

Circumstances*

Ahmuldein
October 13, 2014

So Volaanir, I looked at the origional trading card game setup on the origional thread by Mul klo riik and I think that the game is a bit too much like Yu Gi Oh and Magic, the thread for developing the card game has been locked so I dont know where else to put this comment. Anyway, I have always loved the Yu Gi Oh mechanic of "running" different decks, and (call me a hypocrite) I think we should do something similar to this, however I dont really know how to incorperate something like that into this.  This is just a suggestion, as you know I'm just an artist, Im just giving a suggestion...but I would like to have some idea on what I am supposed to draw...

by Ahmuldein
October 13, 2014

So Volaanir, I looked at the origional trading card game setup on the origional thread by Mul klo riik and I think that the game is a bit too much like Yu Gi Oh and Magic, the thread for developing the card game has been locked so I dont know where else to put this comment. Anyway, I have always loved the Yu Gi Oh mechanic of "running" different decks, and (call me a hypocrite) I think we should do something similar to this, however I dont really know how to incorperate something like that into this.  This is just a suggestion, as you know I'm just an artist, Im just giving a suggestion...but I would like to have some idea on what I am supposed to draw...

Ahmuldein
October 13, 2014

here is a link to artwork:

m.imgur.com/mMpodDs

by Ahmuldein
October 13, 2014

here is a link to artwork:

m.imgur.com/mMpodDs

Loniizrath
October 13, 2014

Name: Toxikyle

Skill(s): I can help design the game and the cards. I play way too many TCGs. YuGiOh, Pokemon, Chaotic, M:tG, you name it.

Reason: I was here first. You're on my turf. I want to help. (I just think this would be a fun thing to do. Always wanted to make a TCG or something similar)

by Loniizrath
October 13, 2014

Name: Toxikyle

Skill(s): I can help design the game and the cards. I play way too many TCGs. YuGiOh, Pokemon, Chaotic, M:tG, you name it.

Reason: I was here first. You're on my turf. I want to help. (I just think this would be a fun thing to do. Always wanted to make a TCG or something similar)

Ahmuldein
October 13, 2014

@Toxikyle, how exactly would you help? I know you are a programmer...at least I think...

by Ahmuldein
October 13, 2014

@Toxikyle, how exactly would you help? I know you are a programmer...at least I think...

Ahmuldein
October 13, 2014

http://imgur.com/glT3oGI 

For the back of the card, share your opinions

by Ahmuldein
October 13, 2014

http://imgur.com/glT3oGI 

For the back of the card, share your opinions

Volaanir
October 13, 2014

First and most important, this thread is recruitment only, the discussion about the rules and late work like illustration will be open to everyone and in others threads.

by Volaanir
October 13, 2014

First and most important, this thread is recruitment only, the discussion about the rules and late work like illustration will be open to everyone and in others threads.

Loniizrath
October 14, 2014
Ahmuldein

You think wrong. I only know basic papyrus, which, to my knowlege, is only used in CE and CK.

by Loniizrath
October 14, 2014
Ahmuldein

You think wrong. I only know basic papyrus, which, to my knowlege, is only used in CE and CK.

Loniizrath
October 14, 2014
Volaanir

If discussion about rules and illustration is open to anyone, what's the point of recruitment?

by Loniizrath
October 14, 2014
Volaanir

If discussion about rules and illustration is open to anyone, what's the point of recruitment?

1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.