A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Afrikaans adaption of Dovahzul.

In Sil Ah
October 31, 2014

Hello and Welcome!

About

In this thread I aim to please by updating when possible any major changes to the Afrikaans-Dovahzul Dovahzul-Afrikaans dictionary. Each time I add 100 words to the dictionary, I will update the thread with a link. Each update will include a Word of the Update! entry. Here is an example:

Word of the Update!

Adventurer - (noun) a person who enjoys adventure.

He was an adventurer like you, but then he took an arrow in his knee. Then he was given guard duty.

Dovahzul: Undoriik/Bovitaan

Afrikaans:  Avonturier (male) / Avonturierster (female) - (selfstandige naamwoord)  Iemand wat dit geniet om op avonture te gaan.

Hy/Sy was  ñ avonturier/avonturierster soos jy, maar toe kry hy/sy n pyl in sy/haar knieg. Toe was hy/sy wagplig gegee.

With every sentence example, I will give, if applicable, the male form first and then the female. Feel free to ask anything and discuss as much as you want! Here is simple greetings in Afrikaans:

• English
    • Afrikaans
  • Hello
    • Hallo
  • Good morning
    • Goeie môre
  • Good afternoon
    • Goeie middag
  • Good evening
    • Goeie (n)aand
  • Goodbye
    • Totsiens
  • Thank You
    • Dankie
  • Please
    • Asseblief

Totsiens!

by In Sil Ah
October 31, 2014

Hello and Welcome!

About

In this thread I aim to please by updating when possible any major changes to the Afrikaans-Dovahzul Dovahzul-Afrikaans dictionary. Each time I add 100 words to the dictionary, I will update the thread with a link. Each update will include a Word of the Update! entry. Here is an example:

Word of the Update!

Adventurer - (noun) a person who enjoys adventure.

He was an adventurer like you, but then he took an arrow in his knee. Then he was given guard duty.

Dovahzul: Undoriik/Bovitaan

Afrikaans:  Avonturier (male) / Avonturierster (female) - (selfstandige naamwoord)  Iemand wat dit geniet om op avonture te gaan.

Hy/Sy was  ñ avonturier/avonturierster soos jy, maar toe kry hy/sy n pyl in sy/haar knieg. Toe was hy/sy wagplig gegee.

With every sentence example, I will give, if applicable, the male form first and then the female. Feel free to ask anything and discuss as much as you want! Here is simple greetings in Afrikaans:

• English
    • Afrikaans
  • Hello
    • Hallo
  • Good morning
    • Goeie môre
  • Good afternoon
    • Goeie middag
  • Good evening
    • Goeie (n)aand
  • Goodbye
    • Totsiens
  • Thank You
    • Dankie
  • Please
    • Asseblief

Totsiens!

DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Good job, I hope there is an official Afrikaans dictionary added

by DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Good job, I hope there is an official Afrikaans dictionary added

In Sil Ah
November 4, 2014

Small update:

There is progress. I am at fifty words. Progress is slow due to final exams, but after the 26th of november, things should get going quickly.

In Sil Ah

by In Sil Ah
November 4, 2014

Small update:

There is progress. I am at fifty words. Progress is slow due to final exams, but after the 26th of november, things should get going quickly.

In Sil Ah

In Sil Ah
November 4, 2014

This post has been deleted.

by In Sil Ah
November 4, 2014

This post has been deleted.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.