Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Teaching a friend canon Dovahzul. Advice?

Aaliizah
November 12, 2014

I know that I want him to have a grasp of dov culture so he can better understand the language at a fundamental level, and I've got that down, but I'm not really sure where to go from there. I've been looking to the Learn lessons for guidance, but... I don't know. It isn't enough, and I feel kind of lost. I'm confident in my knowledge, I just don't know how exactly to present it. Does anyone have any advice they'd like to offer? Or experience teaching someone the language? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

by Aaliizah
November 12, 2014

I know that I want him to have a grasp of dov culture so he can better understand the language at a fundamental level, and I've got that down, but I'm not really sure where to go from there. I've been looking to the Learn lessons for guidance, but... I don't know. It isn't enough, and I feel kind of lost. I'm confident in my knowledge, I just don't know how exactly to present it. Does anyone have any advice they'd like to offer? Or experience teaching someone the language? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

dovahnite
November 12, 2014

Don't know if this is too helpful but so far I've found the Memrise course to be really good. I'm usually dreadful at memorization, but I've actually learned a bunch of words off it in jsut a few days now.

by dovahnite
November 12, 2014

Don't know if this is too helpful but so far I've found the Memrise course to be really good. I'm usually dreadful at memorization, but I've actually learned a bunch of words off it in jsut a few days now.

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 13, 2014

Maybe find some relevant phrases from the game, and practice with each other inserting them into day to day conversation. That could help build vocabulary and connect with the language a bit more.

by paarthurnax
November 13, 2014

Maybe find some relevant phrases from the game, and practice with each other inserting them into day to day conversation. That could help build vocabulary and connect with the language a bit more.

LeHott
November 23, 2014

I bought Skyrim on Steam, installed some Co-Op mods and now I'm playing with my friend, both speaking in Dovahzul :D

So awesome...

Try memrise council tho, helped me a lot.

VONOK, PRUZ4 GL5S

by LeHott
November 23, 2014

I bought Skyrim on Steam, installed some Co-Op mods and now I'm playing with my friend, both speaking in Dovahzul :D

So awesome...

Try memrise council tho, helped me a lot.

VONOK, PRUZ4 GL5S

Aaliizah
December 17, 2014

Oh, thanks, everyone! Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while. I appreciate your help. :)

by Aaliizah
December 17, 2014

Oh, thanks, everyone! Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while. I appreciate your help. :)

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.