Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Silent Night in Dovahzul

RedEyesBDovah
December 3, 2014

I got bored and drcided to translate the lyrics of Silent Night into Dovahzul. It doesn't exactly rhyme in some places, but it's close.

Nahlon Vulon (Silent Night)

1. Nahlon vulon, stahdim vulon!

Pah los stilldus, pah los yuvon.

Um faal Voqalos, Monah ahrk Pahdul.

Stahdim pahdul ful fask ahrk stilldus.

Laag ko Sovngarde drem,

Laag ko Sovngarde drem.

(Note I know Sonvgarde isn't proper Dovahzul, but the actual word didn't fit the syllable count for the line.)

2. Nahlon vulon! Stahdim vulon!

Doraaniik motaad fahzon

Lotaar bahyek nol gosvern uton

Kahliir lokzii saag Alleluia (Again, not real Dovahzul. You try to find a synonym!)

Christ faal Saavik los kiin!

Christ faal Saviik los kiin.

3. Nahlon vulon! Stahdim vulon!

Kul do Rah, lokaalro ruv kun!

Uraniik bokun nol Hin stahdim luft

Voth faal vu do orbalaan dun

Saviik, Drog ahst Hin kiindah,

Saviik, Drog ahst Hin kiindah.

What do you guys think? If you have any ways to adjust the lyrics (this is the first thing I translated so I use non-canon words too) please reply!

by RedEyesBDovah
December 3, 2014

I got bored and drcided to translate the lyrics of Silent Night into Dovahzul. It doesn't exactly rhyme in some places, but it's close.

Nahlon Vulon (Silent Night)

1. Nahlon vulon, stahdim vulon!

Pah los stilldus, pah los yuvon.

Um faal Voqalos, Monah ahrk Pahdul.

Stahdim pahdul ful fask ahrk stilldus.

Laag ko Sovngarde drem,

Laag ko Sovngarde drem.

(Note I know Sonvgarde isn't proper Dovahzul, but the actual word didn't fit the syllable count for the line.)

2. Nahlon vulon! Stahdim vulon!

Doraaniik motaad fahzon

Lotaar bahyek nol gosvern uton

Kahliir lokzii saag Alleluia (Again, not real Dovahzul. You try to find a synonym!)

Christ faal Saavik los kiin!

Christ faal Saviik los kiin.

3. Nahlon vulon! Stahdim vulon!

Kul do Rah, lokaalro ruv kun!

Uraniik bokun nol Hin stahdim luft

Voth faal vu do orbalaan dun

Saviik, Drog ahst Hin kiindah,

Saviik, Drog ahst Hin kiindah.

What do you guys think? If you have any ways to adjust the lyrics (this is the first thing I translated so I use non-canon words too) please reply!

Kahdremonik
December 4, 2014

*touch*

by Kahdremonik
December 4, 2014

*touch*

hiith
December 5, 2014
RedEyesBDovah

Actually, "Sovngarde" is proper Dragon-Tongue. See http://thuum.org/viewword.php?word=7249

by hiith
December 5, 2014
RedEyesBDovah

Actually, "Sovngarde" is proper Dragon-Tongue. See http://thuum.org/viewword.php?word=7249

RedEyesBDovah
December 7, 2014
hiith
RedEyesBDovah

I did not know that. I thought Sovngarde was just Skyrim's version of heaven.

by RedEyesBDovah
December 7, 2014
hiith
RedEyesBDovah

RedEyesBDovah
December 18, 2014
Kahdremonik

*touch*

Explain your post please.

by RedEyesBDovah
December 18, 2014
Kahdremonik

*touch*

Explain your post please.

Mul klo riik
January 13, 2015
RedEyesBDovah
hiith
RedEyesBDovah

I'm a little late, but yeah. I was reading a word wall once and surprise. Sovngarde is the dragon word for Sovngarde. The elder scrolls version of valhalla.

by Mul klo riik
January 13, 2015
RedEyesBDovah
hiith
RedEyesBDovah

I'm a little late, but yeah. I was reading a word wall once and surprise. Sovngarde is the dragon word for Sovngarde. The elder scrolls version of valhalla.

Felniir Ahvus
February 25, 2015

I like in the first verse when you say "pah los yuvon."  It's a great translation choice for bright there to pair with vulon.  What do you think of using "Kul" instead of "Pahdul" on the following line?  It would shorten the syllable count for rhythm.

by Felniir Ahvus
February 25, 2015

I like in the first verse when you say "pah los yuvon."  It's a great translation choice for bright there to pair with vulon.  What do you think of using "Kul" instead of "Pahdul" on the following line?  It would shorten the syllable count for rhythm.

RedEyesBDovah
March 9, 2015

Honestly, that's a good idea. This translation is actually a literal translation for the most part, but I am open to suggestions to make it better.

by RedEyesBDovah
March 9, 2015

Honestly, that's a good idea. This translation is actually a literal translation for the most part, but I am open to suggestions to make it better.

Grolahmul
June 14, 2015

Could someone post the English lyrics or a link to the song on youtube? I have never heard "Silent Night" in Skyrim.

by Grolahmul
June 14, 2015

Could someone post the English lyrics or a link to the song on youtube? I have never heard "Silent Night" in Skyrim.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.