Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Alice in Wonderland translation project

hiith
December 30, 2014

Project Revival!

As I have stated in the description, I have started translating the book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland into the dragon language, but if this became a collaboration project, then it would get done much faster. It's in runes, sticks as close to canon as possible, and I need the most help with the poems (i.e. someone to do it for me) (and songs? I think there's songs...), as I want to keep rhyme scheme and syllable patterns in such instances. So someone with experience (or at least is good at what they do) is needed.

The translation uses my calligraphy runes font (link in my bio), which has number runes and punctuation, so don't use capitals. Also, punctuation is used very sparingly: only in quotes, and when absolutely necessary to make sense.

If you want to help, reply on this thread or PM me. Just about any help would be appreciated. I am currently on the first chapter.

And, in case you were wondering, the title of the book is translated as "alis wunduniik ko lein morokei". An important note is that all of the titles are going to be completely canon (except for names).

For those interested and don't have a copy, see here

To see what I have so-far, see the Google Doc here

by hiith
December 30, 2014

Project Revival!

As I have stated in the description, I have started translating the book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland into the dragon language, but if this became a collaboration project, then it would get done much faster. It's in runes, sticks as close to canon as possible, and I need the most help with the poems (i.e. someone to do it for me) (and songs? I think there's songs...), as I want to keep rhyme scheme and syllable patterns in such instances. So someone with experience (or at least is good at what they do) is needed.

The translation uses my calligraphy runes font (link in my bio), which has number runes and punctuation, so don't use capitals. Also, punctuation is used very sparingly: only in quotes, and when absolutely necessary to make sense.

If you want to help, reply on this thread or PM me. Just about any help would be appreciated. I am currently on the first chapter.

And, in case you were wondering, the title of the book is translated as "alis wunduniik ko lein morokei". An important note is that all of the titles are going to be completely canon (except for names).

For those interested and don't have a copy, see here

To see what I have so-far, see the Google Doc here

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 30, 2014

I'd be happy to help, especially with the poems and songs, and finding canon alternatives for expressing things.

Quick note on the title, staad is non-canon. What if it was Alis Wunduniik ko Morolein or "Alice, Wanderer in (the) Gloryworld?"

by paarthurnax
December 30, 2014

I'd be happy to help, especially with the poems and songs, and finding canon alternatives for expressing things.

Quick note on the title, staad is non-canon. What if it was Alis Wunduniik ko Morolein or "Alice, Wanderer in (the) Gloryworld?"

hiith
December 30, 2014
paarthurnax

Well, I'd appreciate the poem that shows before chapter one. But keep in mind that there's no rush at all.

Aw, dang! I think that "alis wunduniik ko lein morokei" would be a bit more fitting.

by hiith
December 30, 2014
paarthurnax

Well, I'd appreciate the poem that shows before chapter one. But keep in mind that there's no rush at all.

Aw, dang! I think that "alis wunduniik ko lein morokei" would be a bit more fitting.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 30, 2014

Alis Wunduniik ko Lein Morokei works well too. I think Morolein fits with the wordplay aspect.

by paarthurnax
December 30, 2014

Alis Wunduniik ko Lein Morokei works well too. I think Morolein fits with the wordplay aspect.

Kosenu
December 31, 2014

Seems like fun to do some the poems, count me in!

by Kosenu
December 31, 2014

Seems like fun to do some the poems, count me in!

Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

I don't know how much spare time I'll have to work on it, but it sounds like fun, so I'll help out.

by Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

I don't know how much spare time I'll have to work on it, but it sounds like fun, so I'll help out.

hiith
December 31, 2014

Well, after the peom before the first chapter comes "How Doth the Little Crocodile" in chapter two and the mouse's tale in chapter three. If you're looking to do poems, then those should ideally be done first.

by hiith
December 31, 2014

Well, after the peom before the first chapter comes "How Doth the Little Crocodile" in chapter two and the mouse's tale in chapter three. If you're looking to do poems, then those should ideally be done first.

hiith
January 3, 2015

We have a Google Doc for it, now! See the link in the first post to see what I have so-far. Any-one can comment on it, but only I can edit it. Tell me what you think!

by hiith
January 3, 2015

We have a Google Doc for it, now! See the link in the first post to see what I have so-far. Any-one can comment on it, but only I can edit it. Tell me what you think!

hiith
May 3, 2015

It's been a while, soo... has any-one finished a poem?

...no?

by hiith
May 3, 2015

It's been a while, soo... has any-one finished a poem?

...no?

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.