Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Dragon Cult: a History

Naxsuleykdinok
January 18, 2015

I am beginning to write about the history of the Dragon Cult; if there is any other race, society, province, faction or person(s) you wish me to write about afterwards, please feel free to message me.

I also require a translator who is willing to give me their time and translate texts for me bit by bit so it can be transcribed. Thank you. 

by Naxsuleykdinok
January 18, 2015

I am beginning to write about the history of the Dragon Cult; if there is any other race, society, province, faction or person(s) you wish me to write about afterwards, please feel free to message me.

I also require a translator who is willing to give me their time and translate texts for me bit by bit so it can be transcribed. Thank you. 

Loniizrath
January 18, 2015
I will translate.
by Loniizrath
January 18, 2015
I will translate.

BoDuSil
January 19, 2015
For the translator just post it on the websitej
by BoDuSil
January 19, 2015
For the translator just post it on the websitej

Loniizrath
January 19, 2015
@BoDuSil The site's translator is notoriously unreliable. You'll always get more accurate translations if you know the language. The translator is solely for newbies and unregistered users.
by Loniizrath
January 19, 2015
@BoDuSil The site's translator is notoriously unreliable. You'll always get more accurate translations if you know the language. The translator is solely for newbies and unregistered users.

Kosenu
January 19, 2015

Indeed. Some examples:

"I am Kosenu" would translate to "Zu'u los Kosenu", even though it's better to not have the 'los'.

"I've packed my trunk" would translate to "Zu'u lost tah dii koreyth". And that just hurts. Tah means pack as in a group of animals. Koreyth is a treetrunk. The word 'lost' is also not needed here. The correct thing would be "Zu'u gejahriihaan qahdi".

These are just some examples, but it gives a good indication of how off the translator can be.

by Kosenu
January 19, 2015

Indeed. Some examples:

"I am Kosenu" would translate to "Zu'u los Kosenu", even though it's better to not have the 'los'.

"I've packed my trunk" would translate to "Zu'u lost tah dii koreyth". And that just hurts. Tah means pack as in a group of animals. Koreyth is a treetrunk. The word 'lost' is also not needed here. The correct thing would be "Zu'u gejahriihaan qahdi".

These are just some examples, but it gives a good indication of how off the translator can be.

Aaliizah
January 23, 2015
Kosenu

Indeed. Some examples:

Well said, Kosenu. ;)

I would also love to translate, Naxsuleykdinok, if you have need for more than one. I find the Dragon Cult, and ancient Nord culture in general, absolutely fascinating.

by Aaliizah
January 23, 2015
Kosenu

Indeed. Some examples:

Well said, Kosenu. ;)

I would also love to translate, Naxsuleykdinok, if you have need for more than one. I find the Dragon Cult, and ancient Nord culture in general, absolutely fascinating.

Mul klo riik
January 29, 2015

Question, history from the scraps of evidence we can speculate on? Or just making it up entirely? Or a mix of the two like this website is? Also, what about concept art? For example,
these swords;

by Mul klo riik
January 29, 2015

Question, history from the scraps of evidence we can speculate on? Or just making it up entirely? Or a mix of the two like this website is? Also, what about concept art? For example,
these swords;

KhagraTheJester
February 3, 2015

This will be beautiful and i want to read it

by KhagraTheJester
February 3, 2015

This will be beautiful and i want to read it

DiilMaarDur
February 22, 2015
Has a name been specified over what there cult name would be? If not, may I suggest Sonaak do Viingaal Sivaas as an option?
by DiilMaarDur
February 22, 2015
Has a name been specified over what there cult name would be? If not, may I suggest Sonaak do Viingaal Sivaas as an option?

Naxsuleykdinok
September 4, 2015

The ancient organisation was merely known as the Dragon Cult, and I shall refer to it thus, naming it would be pointless.

This book will not be big, as much of the Cult's history is shrouded by mystery and uncertainty. But, I can promise you I will cover what known, solid facts there are. Starting from it's formation all the way to last secluded remnant of the Cult in Forelhost, in the Rift.

by Naxsuleykdinok
September 4, 2015

The ancient organisation was merely known as the Dragon Cult, and I shall refer to it thus, naming it would be pointless.

This book will not be big, as much of the Cult's history is shrouded by mystery and uncertainty. But, I can promise you I will cover what known, solid facts there are. Starting from it's formation all the way to last secluded remnant of the Cult in Forelhost, in the Rift.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.