Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim as a country real life

SuprRonin
March 29, 2015

DREM YOL LOK

I was wondering about this a long time, on which area/country is skyrim based on. Personnaly I'm thinking about Brittain or the Netherlands they where both occupied for half by the roman empire which is almost the equivalant of the old roman empire if you look at the armor and system.

by SuprRonin
March 29, 2015

DREM YOL LOK

I was wondering about this a long time, on which area/country is skyrim based on. Personnaly I'm thinking about Brittain or the Netherlands they where both occupied for half by the roman empire which is almost the equivalant of the old roman empire if you look at the armor and system.

Yolbahkron
March 29, 2015

i think every different province represents a different country IRL, like cyrrodil(butchered spelling) is probably IRL rome

by Yolbahkron
March 29, 2015

i think every different province represents a different country IRL, like cyrrodil(butchered spelling) is probably IRL rome

Loniizrath
March 29, 2015
Skyrim is Scandinavia, Cyrodiil is Rome, High Rock is England, Morrowind is the Middle East, Summerset is Germany, Valenwood is North America (before being colonized), Elsweyr is India, Hammerfell is Egypt, and Black Marsh is full of lizards. Hope this clears everything up.
by Loniizrath
March 29, 2015
Skyrim is Scandinavia, Cyrodiil is Rome, High Rock is England, Morrowind is the Middle East, Summerset is Germany, Valenwood is North America (before being colonized), Elsweyr is India, Hammerfell is Egypt, and Black Marsh is full of lizards. Hope this clears everything up.

DovahKiinZaan
March 31, 2015

Have you ever been to england? It's more like, Apocrypha and Shivering Isles had a kid

by DovahKiinZaan
March 31, 2015

Have you ever been to england? It's more like, Apocrypha and Shivering Isles had a kid

Loniizrath
March 31, 2015
Based on culture of the era, not landforms. I'm fairly sure the Middle East isn't covered in volcanic ash and full of pterodactyls.
by Loniizrath
March 31, 2015
Based on culture of the era, not landforms. I'm fairly sure the Middle East isn't covered in volcanic ash and full of pterodactyls.

dovahnite
April 1, 2015

Apparently if you read into a lot of the in-game literature there's a bunch of other continents (Pyandonea, etc.) which haven't been visited yet. Anyone have any ideas what those are  based off, or is there not that much information on it?

by dovahnite
April 1, 2015

Apparently if you read into a lot of the in-game literature there's a bunch of other continents (Pyandonea, etc.) which haven't been visited yet. Anyone have any ideas what those are  based off, or is there not that much information on it?

DovahKiinZaan
April 1, 2015
Loniizrath

It is, ever been to---

Wait? No jokes like that?

by DovahKiinZaan
April 1, 2015
Loniizrath

It is, ever been to---

Wait? No jokes like that?

SuprRonin
April 1, 2015
dovahnite

I think it is probably Japan or Hawaii or maybe even Austalia at least that is the one that looks the most like Pyandonea

by SuprRonin
April 1, 2015
dovahnite

I think it is probably Japan or Hawaii or maybe even Austalia at least that is the one that looks the most like Pyandonea

Frinmulaar
April 1, 2015

In-game books in Skyrim say Akaviri warlords wield katanas, so Akavir is most likely based on the Far East.

Or at least what medieval Europeans thought to be there. The Tsaesci snake-people are straight out of the far reaches of a hand-drawn world map.

by Frinmulaar
April 1, 2015

In-game books in Skyrim say Akaviri warlords wield katanas, so Akavir is most likely based on the Far East.

Or at least what medieval Europeans thought to be there. The Tsaesci snake-people are straight out of the far reaches of a hand-drawn world map.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.