Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Keyboard?

Maakrindah
April 25, 2015

So I got to thinking about Dovahzul computer keyboards, and thought, wouldn't it be cool to have Dragon Runes on the keyboard, all one needed to do is just change out the cover on one's keyboard (those thin rubber things that go over the keyboard to keep the dust out). Then I thought some more and realized that there are so many sizes and shapes of keyboards that producing Dovahzul keyboard covers would almost require custom orders. So then I thought STICKERS!! Not only does this accommodate varying keyboards, but is also helpful for the variations of fonts available in the community (due to differing keys for runes). One could put the stickers on an existing keyboard cover if he/she desires to change languages quickly. Removable stickers could be very useful. Either way, stickers seem like a much more financially feasible option. Let me know what you guys think. I'd love to hear suggestions and hopefully someone will pick it up and produce a Dragon Rune keyboard, keyboard cover, key covers or stickers. I would love to order some myself. I am also considering creating the stickers or covers myself (or aiding in the process) if others are interested in having them. Let me know what y'all think. Is this a worthwhile endeavor?

by Maakrindah
April 25, 2015

So I got to thinking about Dovahzul computer keyboards, and thought, wouldn't it be cool to have Dragon Runes on the keyboard, all one needed to do is just change out the cover on one's keyboard (those thin rubber things that go over the keyboard to keep the dust out). Then I thought some more and realized that there are so many sizes and shapes of keyboards that producing Dovahzul keyboard covers would almost require custom orders. So then I thought STICKERS!! Not only does this accommodate varying keyboards, but is also helpful for the variations of fonts available in the community (due to differing keys for runes). One could put the stickers on an existing keyboard cover if he/she desires to change languages quickly. Removable stickers could be very useful. Either way, stickers seem like a much more financially feasible option. Let me know what you guys think. I'd love to hear suggestions and hopefully someone will pick it up and produce a Dragon Rune keyboard, keyboard cover, key covers or stickers. I would love to order some myself. I am also considering creating the stickers or covers myself (or aiding in the process) if others are interested in having them. Let me know what y'all think. Is this a worthwhile endeavor?

Ahmuldein
June 3, 2015

The adhesive would probably wear out pretty quickly if they were removable stickers. However, just like there is an Español, Deutsch, and many other language keyboards offered on mobile devices, we could make one entirely in runes for Dovahzul

by Ahmuldein
June 3, 2015

The adhesive would probably wear out pretty quickly if they were removable stickers. However, just like there is an Español, Deutsch, and many other language keyboards offered on mobile devices, we could make one entirely in runes for Dovahzul

Maakrindah
June 3, 2015

@Ahmuldein That is an awesome idea!

by Maakrindah
June 3, 2015

@Ahmuldein That is an awesome idea!

dovahnite
June 5, 2015

I tried relabling the keys on my keyboard once before and it did not end very well (probably doesn't help that I type like 80 wpm for 6 hours a day) but I might try it again, just for this. Maybe I could paint them on or something, if I can find a paint that's nerd proof.

Even if the only purpose it'll serve is to confuse the crap out of anyone who walks by, it'll be worth it.

by dovahnite
June 5, 2015

I tried relabling the keys on my keyboard once before and it did not end very well (probably doesn't help that I type like 80 wpm for 6 hours a day) but I might try it again, just for this. Maybe I could paint them on or something, if I can find a paint that's nerd proof.

Even if the only purpose it'll serve is to confuse the crap out of anyone who walks by, it'll be worth it.

Dundarb
July 6, 2015

Maybe we can do it on mobile devices with those keyboard apps.

by Dundarb
July 6, 2015

Maybe we can do it on mobile devices with those keyboard apps.

roastedZork
July 8, 2015

Ehhh... to do it for mobile, we would need l33t c0d1n6 sk1ll5

by roastedZork
July 8, 2015

Ehhh... to do it for mobile, we would need l33t c0d1n6 sk1ll5

Friðr Loðbrók
July 9, 2015

It's an interesting idea anyway.

DOV4K3N, F4 HIN KOG1N MU DR1L!

by Friðr Loðbrók
July 9, 2015

It's an interesting idea anyway.

DOV4K3N, F4 HIN KOG1N MU DR1L!

Szasdragon
August 11, 2015

Yeah, soft keyboards will be easier.

I use a gaming Zboard. You can physicaly change the layout. But I'm not engineer, to plan and print out in 3D and assemble.

I heard some keyboard concept with e-ink technology:

• Sonder keyboard by Sonder Design
  • Jaasta E Ink Keyboard
  • a design by Maxim Mezentsev & Aleksander Suhih
by Szasdragon
August 11, 2015

Yeah, soft keyboards will be easier.

I use a gaming Zboard. You can physicaly change the layout. But I'm not engineer, to plan and print out in 3D and assemble.

I heard some keyboard concept with e-ink technology:

• Sonder keyboard by Sonder Design
  • Jaasta E Ink Keyboard
  • a design by Maxim Mezentsev & Aleksander Suhih

Shadow
August 28, 2015

If you have a mechanical keyboard, it's just the process of making the keycaps and switching them out

by Shadow
August 28, 2015

If you have a mechanical keyboard, it's just the process of making the keycaps and switching them out

Szasdragon
August 28, 2015

I found an interesting keyboard. ErgoDox: fully programable, opensource, DIY (soldering skill recomended), mechanical keyboard. See Massdrop when available.

by Szasdragon
August 28, 2015

I found an interesting keyboard. ErgoDox: fully programable, opensource, DIY (soldering skill recomended), mechanical keyboard. See Massdrop when available.

Loniizrath
September 6, 2015
I guess you could buy a normal keyboard, then sand the paint off the keys and repaint them. That approach wouldn't be too hard.
by Loniizrath
September 6, 2015
I guess you could buy a normal keyboard, then sand the paint off the keys and repaint them. That approach wouldn't be too hard.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.