Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Suggestion - no line breaks with brackets

Frinmulaar
June 10, 2015

When we use square brackets to convert latin alphabet text into dragon runes, the result gets automatically pushed to a new line. I wish for this feature to be removed, if possible. It does help the runes stand out from their surroundings, but it also breaks the format of the text, and sometimes I would really like to have some runes fit in the middle of a flowing sentence.

Besides, punctuation is reliably messed up by the new paragraph. If I wanted to say that "Hello in Dovahzul is

DREM YOL LOK
", that jarring line break would be there to stay.

If this is necessary for a technical reason, please enlighten me.

Frey

by Frinmulaar
June 10, 2015

When we use square brackets to convert latin alphabet text into dragon runes, the result gets automatically pushed to a new line. I wish for this feature to be removed, if possible. It does help the runes stand out from their surroundings, but it also breaks the format of the text, and sometimes I would really like to have some runes fit in the middle of a flowing sentence.

Besides, punctuation is reliably messed up by the new paragraph. If I wanted to say that "Hello in Dovahzul is

DREM YOL LOK
", that jarring line break would be there to stay.

If this is necessary for a technical reason, please enlighten me.

Frey

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 10, 2015

It does that for a technical reason. There are a few bugs and quirks with the brackets that I need to address, so consider line-breaking added to that list.

by paarthurnax
June 10, 2015

It does that for a technical reason. There are a few bugs and quirks with the brackets that I need to address, so consider line-breaking added to that list.

Katherine
July 2, 2015

Not to bring up an old thread or anything, but remember the source editor!

Instead of bracks, open up the source editor and add

<span style=font-family:dragonscript" title="add your text in the latin alphabet here">text from the transcriber here</span>

This allows for inline text in the dov4zul script, and complete with a transliteration on hover.

by Katherine
July 2, 2015

Not to bring up an old thread or anything, but remember the source editor!

Instead of bracks, open up the source editor and add

<span style=font-family:dragonscript" title="add your text in the latin alphabet here">text from the transcriber here</span>

This allows for inline text in the dov4zul script, and complete with a transliteration on hover.

Sharsosah
September 12, 2015

So I can say {Drem yol lok} and it would work?

by Sharsosah
September 12, 2015

So I can say {Drem yol lok} and it would work?

Sharsosah
September 12, 2015

It didn't work. <em>

DREM YOL LOK
</em>

by Sharsosah
September 12, 2015

It didn't work. <em>

DREM YOL LOK
</em>

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.