Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul ipsum

Katherine
July 19, 2015

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet...

A phrase that many know, it is the start of the most widely-used placeholder text.
There are many more "Ipsums", out there, Cat Ipsum, Tuna Ipsum, Corporate Ipsum. The list is endless.

Endless, up to a point. There seems to be a massive lack of Dovahzul Ipsum, and this is a problem.

I am currently working on the software to generate our own Ipsum, using both canon shouts, and community made shouts. If you have any suggestions for a shout which is not in the list, please message me or Liis with the subject being "Dovahzul Ipsum Shout Suggestion", and your suggestion in the message body for your suggestion to be considered.

by Katherine
July 19, 2015

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet...

A phrase that many know, it is the start of the most widely-used placeholder text.
There are many more "Ipsums", out there, Cat Ipsum, Tuna Ipsum, Corporate Ipsum. The list is endless.

Endless, up to a point. There seems to be a massive lack of Dovahzul Ipsum, and this is a problem.

I am currently working on the software to generate our own Ipsum, using both canon shouts, and community made shouts. If you have any suggestions for a shout which is not in the list, please message me or Liis with the subject being "Dovahzul Ipsum Shout Suggestion", and your suggestion in the message body for your suggestion to be considered.

Liis
Administrator
July 19, 2015

This is an amazing idea. Great job!

by Liis
July 19, 2015

This is an amazing idea. Great job!

Liis
Administrator
July 19, 2015

Also, I wish to help greatly by being your editor/translator to make sure there are no errors in grammar and spelling.
Also to use my expertise in Dovahzul to good use

Fos saag hi?

by Liis
July 19, 2015

Also, I wish to help greatly by being your editor/translator to make sure there are no errors in grammar and spelling.
Also to use my expertise in Dovahzul to good use

Fos saag hi?

Katherine
July 20, 2015

Sure, I'll send you the extensive list of submissions.

by Katherine
July 20, 2015

Sure, I'll send you the extensive list of submissions.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 21, 2015

Very cool idea, Callum! If the sentence pool is large enough, it might be neat to tap into it for some kind of reading practice tool.

by paarthurnax
July 21, 2015

Very cool idea, Callum! If the sentence pool is large enough, it might be neat to tap into it for some kind of reading practice tool.

Liis
Administrator
July 21, 2015

@paarthurnax,

Now there's a thought.

by Liis
July 21, 2015

@paarthurnax,

Now there's a thought.

Lorfeynag
August 1, 2015

Does the ' in Zu'u or Thu'um or Su'um count as a punctuation mark?

by Lorfeynag
August 1, 2015

Katherine
August 1, 2015
Lorfeynag

Ah, in the Dovahzul alphabet no, but the validation doesn't care - I'll go fix that, thanks! :)

by Katherine
August 1, 2015
Lorfeynag

Ah, in the Dovahzul alphabet no, but the validation doesn't care - I'll go fix that, thanks! :)

Ahbiilok
August 7, 2015

I posted a sentence that needed punctuation but I submitted it without it. Is that ok?

by Ahbiilok
August 7, 2015

I posted a sentence that needed punctuation but I submitted it without it. Is that ok?

@Ahbiilok,

It seems that your submission didn't go through. Try again.

by Liis
August 7, 2015
@Ahbiilok,

It seems that your submission didn't go through. Try again.

Lokrem
August 31, 2015
@Callum  very interesting.
by Lokrem
August 31, 2015
@Callum  very interesting.

dovah saviik
September 25, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by dovah saviik
September 25, 2015

This post has been deleted.

dovah saviik
September 25, 2015

i would make you a dragon for 120 sec.

here are the words: buld, vuld, fen

by dovah saviik
September 25, 2015

i would make you a dragon for 120 sec.

here are the words: buld, vuld, fen

Lirik87
October 1, 2015

Awesome idea.

Already sent my suggestions to Callum.

by Lirik87
October 1, 2015

Awesome idea.

Already sent my suggestions to Callum.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.