November 8, 2015
(I don't think so, but ask Belle :)
by Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015
(I don't think so, but ask Belle :)

onikmey
November 8, 2015
Lokonikah

(( The thing is, Hjalund is very much alive. You all arrived after the explosion, yes? Then you all should have been able to see Hjalund get back up, albeit in a huge amount of pain. And you saying Hjalund is dead is... well, confusing. ))

( Scipio doesn't know that until he can get into the clearing and see Hjalund. My comments end right before that moment. Scipio is relying on his senses of smell and hearing to know what's going on. It's giving him a fuzzy picture, but it's enough to know that they wouldn't make it in time without Falin. He's picturing every possibility and all of them end with Hjalund being dead. Falin's arrival both catches him off guard and terrifies him, as he never expected something like that to happen. It's not that Hjalund is dead, but that Scipio doesn't see how he would survive until Falin's entrance- at which point he's trying to figure out what happened.)

by onikmey
November 8, 2015
Lokonikah

(( The thing is, Hjalund is very much alive. You all arrived after the explosion, yes? Then you all should have been able to see Hjalund get back up, albeit in a huge amount of pain. And you saying Hjalund is dead is... well, confusing. ))

( Scipio doesn't know that until he can get into the clearing and see Hjalund. My comments end right before that moment. Scipio is relying on his senses of smell and hearing to know what's going on. It's giving him a fuzzy picture, but it's enough to know that they wouldn't make it in time without Falin. He's picturing every possibility and all of them end with Hjalund being dead. Falin's arrival both catches him off guard and terrifies him, as he never expected something like that to happen. It's not that Hjalund is dead, but that Scipio doesn't see how he would survive until Falin's entrance- at which point he's trying to figure out what happened.)

Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015

onikmey
November 8, 2015

by onikmey
November 8, 2015

Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015
onikhefhah

Scipio rode silently beside the trio of adventurers. He heard shrieks of fury escape the mouths of the defeated. He smelled the spilling of blood, Hjalund's blood. He saw the flash of  crimson lightning and knew that they would be too late. In his mind he was already at the clearing, looking over a brave but dead knight. He stiffened for an instant as his heart burned once more against the absolute meaninglessness of it all. The knight and several blood-kin would die for politic and fear, not for survival or for valor. The knight's rage and the vampire's ambition would end only with death. The imperial 'bard' stared ahead with empty eyes when it happened.

Screams of terror. The smell of burning flesh. A flash of light. The vampires fled. In their place, Scipio could hear the sound of wolfstep and the smell of something... animal? elven? It waited a moment and then seemed to scurry beyond Scipio's senses. That was odd. Only something very talented could hide from him, and only if it knew he was coming. With a jolt of panic, Scipio swiftly downed a bitter mixture from a flask at his side. It had been made specially to remove any trace of foreign blood left in his mouth or throat. Eivor had fed tonight as well, so the smell of her breath and their general proximity should more than make up for any scent of his before then. If the thing could smell that far out. As well fed as he was, Scipio hoped that it was enough to pass as merely a sick imperial to this thing.

By Molag's balls, of all the times to meet something else with a nose and ears.

Scipio only had time for one word before the troop crashed into the clearing.

"Trap"

"What?..." Emily's voice wasn't focused but it was cautious and worried, the sound of hooves dampened any sound that wasn't close. Emily thought too herself Hmm I wonder why Eivor wants to get too Hjalund so fast. . .Maybe she really does have feelings for him. She chuckled a bit then her smile went back to a frown, perhaps they were too late. . .

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015
onikhefhah

Scipio rode silently beside the trio of adventurers. He heard shrieks of fury escape the mouths of the defeated. He smelled the spilling of blood, Hjalund's blood. He saw the flash of  crimson lightning and knew that they would be too late. In his mind he was already at the clearing, looking over a brave but dead knight. He stiffened for an instant as his heart burned once more against the absolute meaninglessness of it all. The knight and several blood-kin would die for politic and fear, not for survival or for valor. The knight's rage and the vampire's ambition would end only with death. The imperial 'bard' stared ahead with empty eyes when it happened.

Screams of terror. The smell of burning flesh. A flash of light. The vampires fled. In their place, Scipio could hear the sound of wolfstep and the smell of something... animal? elven? It waited a moment and then seemed to scurry beyond Scipio's senses. That was odd. Only something very talented could hide from him, and only if it knew he was coming. With a jolt of panic, Scipio swiftly downed a bitter mixture from a flask at his side. It had been made specially to remove any trace of foreign blood left in his mouth or throat. Eivor had fed tonight as well, so the smell of her breath and their general proximity should more than make up for any scent of his before then. If the thing could smell that far out. As well fed as he was, Scipio hoped that it was enough to pass as merely a sick imperial to this thing.

By Molag's balls, of all the times to meet something else with a nose and ears.

Scipio only had time for one word before the troop crashed into the clearing.

"Trap"

"What?..." Emily's voice wasn't focused but it was cautious and worried, the sound of hooves dampened any sound that wasn't close. Emily thought too herself Hmm I wonder why Eivor wants to get too Hjalund so fast. . .Maybe she really does have feelings for him. She chuckled a bit then her smile went back to a frown, perhaps they were too late. . .

YolGoraagKaazah
November 8, 2015

L1S Y4 N7

Makor looks around and sees nothing "I see nothing."

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 8, 2015

L1S Y4 N7

Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

L1S Y4 N7

"You can use the Thu'um?" Asked Emily in a curious tone since she had not seen that many other people that could use it effectively.

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

L1S Y4 N7

"You can use the Thu'um?" Asked Emily in a curious tone since she had not seen that many other people that could use it effectively.

YolGoraagKaazah
November 8, 2015

Makor gives Emily a puzzled look, "I'm the Dragonborn, haven't you heard the tale, slayer of Alduin?"

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 8, 2015

Makor gives Emily a puzzled look, "I'm the Dragonborn, haven't you heard the tale, slayer of Alduin?"

Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015

"Yes but I didn't think the dragonborn would be a....nevermind now isn't the time" said Emily as she galloped on.

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015

"Yes but I didn't think the dragonborn would be a....nevermind now isn't the time" said Emily as she galloped on.

Lokonikah
November 8, 2015
onikhefhah

( I think I understand how your comments work, now... I hope I do :P Thanks for the explanation! :) )

by Lokonikah
November 8, 2015
onikhefhah

( I think I understand how your comments work, now... I hope I do :P Thanks for the explanation! :) )

Lokonikah
November 8, 2015

At the sound of approaching hoofbeats, Hjalund looks up from his feet, seeing the approaching group. Internally thankful that they are all unharmed, including the Orc, he shakily stands on his feet, slowly walking towards them and using his sword as a sort of cane. His... comment against Eivor at the tavern brings shame upon him, now that he thinks about it... This attack was not her fault, and his words to her were uncalled for.

"I am glad... to see you all unharmed." Hjalund calls over to them between his grunst of effort.

by Lokonikah
November 8, 2015

At the sound of approaching hoofbeats, Hjalund looks up from his feet, seeing the approaching group. Internally thankful that they are all unharmed, including the Orc, he shakily stands on his feet, slowly walking towards them and using his sword as a sort of cane. His... comment against Eivor at the tavern brings shame upon him, now that he thinks about it... This attack was not her fault, and his words to her were uncalled for.

"I am glad... to see you all unharmed." Hjalund calls over to them between his grunst of effort.

onikmey
November 8, 2015
Lokonikah

(Sorry for miscommunication! :p)

by onikmey
November 8, 2015
Lokonikah

(Sorry for miscommunication! :p)

Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015
"Hjalund! What in Oblivion were you thinking?!" Shouted Emily
by Veyd Sahvoz
November 8, 2015
"Hjalund! What in Oblivion were you thinking?!" Shouted Emily

YolGoraagKaazah
November 8, 2015

Makor laughs "The fool returns!" he clears his throat as he gives Hjalund a shameful look.

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 8, 2015

Makor laughs "The fool returns!" he clears his throat as he gives Hjalund a shameful look.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  16  17  18  19 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.