A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translation Suggestion Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  17  18  19  20 > >>  

Frinmulaar
November 14, 2017
@Flicker

It is not as bad an idea as most, but not quite the place for it. We do not add our own words in the dictionary of Bethesda's language, not even compounds.
by Frinmulaar
November 14, 2017
@Flicker

It is not as bad an idea as most, but not quite the place for it. We do not add our own words in the dictionary of Bethesda's language, not even compounds.

Flicker
November 14, 2017

Oh, sorry. New guy here :{o

Is there a better place for that on this site? Or is the entire site strictly interpretation of canonical stuff?

Oh man, how cool would it be to have the people who made Skyrim's dragon language help us add to it? :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just use 'Votahroven' for order, as it is the 'opposite of chaos.'

by Flicker
November 14, 2017

Oh, sorry. New guy here :{o

Is there a better place for that on this site? Or is the entire site strictly interpretation of canonical stuff?

Oh man, how cool would it be to have the people who made Skyrim's dragon language help us add to it? :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just use 'Votahroven' for order, as it is the 'opposite of chaos.'

Yol Fo Qo
November 28, 2017

I have found there is no translation for 'luck'. I have used 'faraan' (fortune) in the phrase 'pruzah faraan' (good fortune) but I'm not sure if that's the correct use of that word.

by Yol Fo Qo
November 28, 2017

I have found there is no translation for 'luck'. I have used 'faraan' (fortune) in the phrase 'pruzah faraan' (good fortune) but I'm not sure if that's the correct use of that word.

Frinmulaar
November 28, 2017
Yol Fo Qo

Read this first.

by Frinmulaar
November 28, 2017
Yol Fo Qo

Read this first.

Drembovul
December 2, 2017

Hey, I noticed this site uses the word Dovahzul a lot. I know it translates roughly to "Dragon-voice," but it doesn't seem to be in the dictionary or translator. Maybe it could be added? Seems like an important word!

by Drembovul
December 2, 2017

Hey, I noticed this site uses the word Dovahzul a lot. I know it translates roughly to "Dragon-voice," but it doesn't seem to be in the dictionary or translator. Maybe it could be added? Seems like an important word!

Frinmulaar
December 2, 2017
ThEquinox2

Dovah and zul are canon, but that doesn't mean dovahzul is.

by Frinmulaar
December 2, 2017
ThEquinox2

Dovah and zul are canon, but that doesn't mean dovahzul is.

Liis
Administrator
December 2, 2017
@ThEquinox2,

"Dovahzul" is a fan-made term for the language.

This thread is for adding translations to existing dictionary entries. If there is a word you think should be added to the dictionary, it must come from official material by Bethesda, and proof must be provided.
by Liis
December 2, 2017
@ThEquinox2,

"Dovahzul" is a fan-made term for the language.

This thread is for adding translations to existing dictionary entries. If there is a word you think should be added to the dictionary, it must come from official material by Bethesda, and proof must be provided.

Hahdremro
January 9, 2018

Here's an actual suggestion for an edit of the English - Dovahzul dictionary/translator.

The word for "armor" is qah, of course. But there is no word in the dictionary for "armour." Should there be edits to the dictionary/translator to allow for alternate spellings of English words like that?

by Hahdremro
January 9, 2018

Here's an actual suggestion for an edit of the English - Dovahzul dictionary/translator.

The word for "armor" is qah, of course. But there is no word in the dictionary for "armour." Should there be edits to the dictionary/translator to allow for alternate spellings of English words like that?

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 9, 2018
Hahdremro

I'm glad you brought this up! This was a problem, too, with the Legacy Dictionary. In this case there's a much more limited selection of words, so adding individual translations to the database for alternate spellings might be feasible. If someone has the time, what would be really useful is a list of any English-Dragon translations that have alternate spellings. If there are lot of them I'd consider some programmatic way to resolve the problem. Otherwise we can just add entries for them.

by paarthurnax
January 9, 2018
Hahdremro

I'm glad you brought this up! This was a problem, too, with the Legacy Dictionary. In this case there's a much more limited selection of words, so adding individual translations to the database for alternate spellings might be feasible. If someone has the time, what would be really useful is a list of any English-Dragon translations that have alternate spellings. If there are lot of them I'd consider some programmatic way to resolve the problem. Otherwise we can just add entries for them.

VoiceOfJustice
February 3, 2018
Morning. I'm new to the site, and I've been trying to figure out how to do my own translations, specifically of the phrase "Voice of Justice" if possible, I want it to be a name, but anything will do. So far, I've made out "Zul do" I think? The translator doesn't have Justice added, and I keep hitting a wall. My brain be fried.
by VoiceOfJustice
February 3, 2018
Morning. I'm new to the site, and I've been trying to figure out how to do my own translations, specifically of the phrase "Voice of Justice" if possible, I want it to be a name, but anything will do. So far, I've made out "Zul do" I think? The translator doesn't have Justice added, and I keep hitting a wall. My brain be fried.

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 3, 2018
VoiceOfJustice

The closest words might be vahzen, which means "truth" or "rightness." Then you could say "Zul do Vahzen" or "Zulsevahzen."

by paarthurnax
February 3, 2018
VoiceOfJustice

The closest words might be vahzen, which means "truth" or "rightness." Then you could say "Zul do Vahzen" or "Zulsevahzen."

Volunkendov
February 9, 2018

[los til naan wah yuvon?]

by Volunkendov
February 9, 2018

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 9, 2018
kNightWarrior

Vomindoraan, what are you looking for, fahdon?

by paarthurnax
February 9, 2018
kNightWarrior

Vomindoraan, what are you looking for, fahdon?

Vuldovyol
February 28, 2018
Could the word "come" be added to [bo]? Since it is used in that context a lot.
by Vuldovyol
February 28, 2018

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 28, 2018
Tinvaakbo

Absolutely, it should be there already if you search or translate "come" but let me know if you don't see it.

by paarthurnax
February 28, 2018
Tinvaakbo

Absolutely, it should be there already if you search or translate "come" but let me know if you don't see it.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  17  18  19  20 > >>