A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  100  101  102  103 > >>  

hiith
May 30, 2014
paarthurnax

I could remove "pain" from its definition.

I think it'd be best if you did

by hiith
May 30, 2014
paarthurnax

I could remove "pain" from its definition.

I think it'd be best if you did

Foduiiz
May 30, 2014

Lovaasoblaan

@Paarthurnax When we were talking about this word I was under the impression it would be renamed to 'lovaasmah', 'song-fall'. I think that would be a much better translation.

by Foduiiz
May 30, 2014

Lovaasoblaan

@Paarthurnax When we were talking about this word I was under the impression it would be renamed to 'lovaasmah', 'song-fall'. I think that would be a much better translation.

Ahmuldein
May 30, 2014

I agree with qobo. The word would sound much better and make more sense

by Ahmuldein
May 30, 2014

I agree with qobo. The word would sound much better and make more sense

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 31, 2014
qobofus

Lovaasoblaan

Krosis, vomindoraan, I misunderstood. Changed to "Lovaasmah."

by paarthurnax
May 31, 2014
qobofus

Lovaasoblaan

Krosis, vomindoraan, I misunderstood. Changed to "Lovaasmah."

hiith
May 31, 2014

Lingeltkey

synonym: van

by hiith
May 31, 2014

Lingeltkey

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 31, 2014
hiith

Lingeltkey

Added.

by paarthurnax
May 31, 2014
hiith

Lingeltkey

Added.

hiith
May 31, 2014

Dumed

wouldn't this be vomed? Though I do see how "du" + "med" would make sense. But, then again, the opposite of "medaas" is "vomedaas" so...

by hiith
May 31, 2014

Dumed

wouldn't this be vomed? Though I do see how "du" + "med" would make sense. But, then again, the opposite of "medaas" is "vomedaas" so...

hiith
May 31, 2014

Triik

Is this considered modern? I'm not sure...

by hiith
May 31, 2014

Triik

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 31, 2014
hiith

Dumed

"Dumed" isn't exactly the opposite of "Med," which I'll correct in the notes. It's different in that it's a verb. "Vomed" would mean "unlike" or "not similar to."

by paarthurnax
May 31, 2014
hiith

Dumed

"Dumed" isn't exactly the opposite of "Med," which I'll correct in the notes. It's different in that it's a verb. "Vomed" would mean "unlike" or "not similar to."

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 31, 2014
hiith

Triik

You can have a baggage train or a supply train (as in medieval warfare), or a caravan of wagons. I'd say it's a non-modern concept.

by paarthurnax
May 31, 2014
hiith

Triik

You can have a baggage train or a supply train (as in medieval warfare), or a caravan of wagons. I'd say it's a non-modern concept.

hiith
May 31, 2014
paarthurnax
hiith

Triik

So if you're saying what I think you're saying, then perhaps a synonym could be added to make it's meaning clearer: progression, concatenation(?), sequence. The definition makes me think that it means some sort of means of transportation, as opposed to a succesion/series.

by hiith
May 31, 2014
paarthurnax
hiith

Triik

So if you're saying what I think you're saying, then perhaps a synonym could be added to make it's meaning clearer: progression, concatenation(?), sequence. The definition makes me think that it means some sort of means of transportation, as opposed to a succesion/series.

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 31, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax
hiith

Triik

See definition #1 of caravan and definition #2 of train, and that is what the word triik most closely means.

by paarthurnax
May 31, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax
hiith

Triik

See definition #1 of caravan and definition #2 of train, and that is what the word triik most closely means.

hiith
May 31, 2014
paarthurnax
hiith
paarthurnax
hiith

Triik

The definition could be improved for (much needed) clarity, perhaps something like definition #2 of train

by hiith
May 31, 2014
paarthurnax
hiith
paarthurnax
hiith

Triik

The definition could be improved for (much needed) clarity, perhaps something like definition #2 of train

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 1, 2014
hiith

Expanded the definition, let me know what you think.

by paarthurnax
June 1, 2014
hiith

Expanded the definition, let me know what you think.

hiith
June 1, 2014

Looks good, though I think that having caravan as its primary definition would be better

by hiith
June 1, 2014

Looks good, though I think that having caravan as its primary definition would be better

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.