Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

[AO] [SD] Excelius: Academy of the Arcane Arts

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 > >>  

Lokluv Strun
November 4, 2015

Magelight lingers in the falling snow for a while longer, then releases her familiar. The tiny dragon fades back into Oblivion, a happy chirp on its incorporeal lips.

Time to collect some souls, the Argonian notes. The Academy's stock is running low, and more full soul gems are needed to perform enchanting services (as well as for higher level Conjuration classes). As an independent member who often travels, Magelight often - as now - finds herself inundated with orders, requests, and dropped hints. Most mages do their best to be tactful when they want something, and her fellow Academy members are the same, to be sure, but sometimes the insinuations of 'wouldn't it be lovely if...' and 'well, I would go out myself, but I'm just overloaded with classes' become tiresome.

Say what you mean and get what you say, as Magelight's mother used to tell her. Be direct in your wishes. Ask politely, but be direct. Don't waste time tiptoeing around what you want someone to do.

Ah well. Mages will be mages, and mages ask *politely* in a way that's very different from the way one asks politely in Black Marsh.

-----

Back in her room, she pulls a traveling pack from her wardrobe. The quiet clink of crystal sounds as she runs her tough, horny claws over the tiny vials filled with sparkling potions. Potions of magicka, check. Potions of health, check. Her sleeping bag and hide tarp are rolled up neat and compact, ready for use should she need to camp.

After some consideration, Magelight packs wrapped cheese and some vegitables, but foregoes the sweetrolls that some considerate soul (probably another mage-style insinuation) decided to leave by her door that morning.

So much packing, she grouses. "This is why I don't have much," she murmurs aloud. "If I had any more, I'd never be able to get anywhere."

by Lokluv Strun
November 4, 2015

Magelight lingers in the falling snow for a while longer, then releases her familiar. The tiny dragon fades back into Oblivion, a happy chirp on its incorporeal lips.

Time to collect some souls, the Argonian notes. The Academy's stock is running low, and more full soul gems are needed to perform enchanting services (as well as for higher level Conjuration classes). As an independent member who often travels, Magelight often - as now - finds herself inundated with orders, requests, and dropped hints. Most mages do their best to be tactful when they want something, and her fellow Academy members are the same, to be sure, but sometimes the insinuations of 'wouldn't it be lovely if...' and 'well, I would go out myself, but I'm just overloaded with classes' become tiresome.

Say what you mean and get what you say, as Magelight's mother used to tell her. Be direct in your wishes. Ask politely, but be direct. Don't waste time tiptoeing around what you want someone to do.

Ah well. Mages will be mages, and mages ask *politely* in a way that's very different from the way one asks politely in Black Marsh.

-----

Back in her room, she pulls a traveling pack from her wardrobe. The quiet clink of crystal sounds as she runs her tough, horny claws over the tiny vials filled with sparkling potions. Potions of magicka, check. Potions of health, check. Her sleeping bag and hide tarp are rolled up neat and compact, ready for use should she need to camp.

After some consideration, Magelight packs wrapped cheese and some vegitables, but foregoes the sweetrolls that some considerate soul (probably another mage-style insinuation) decided to leave by her door that morning.

So much packing, she grouses. "This is why I don't have much," she murmurs aloud. "If I had any more, I'd never be able to get anywhere."

Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

(Time for some action :)

Draconus placed his hand against the large door, it had a cold touch. Well it hadn't been touched for nearly 4500 years, so obviously it was going to be cold. He moved his and near the door handle as he pulled the door open slightly it burst open. Pushing him back 20 feet from the door. There was a sudden screech. "AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!". the loud yell could be heard through the entire school and a bit of the surounding area even though Draconus was literally nearly 3 miles underneath if the school, in the old dungeons and caves. Draconus could see a faint figure that was shadowy like. It looked his way eyes glowing red with blood 

"Been a while...hasn't it Draconus?" 

Draconus looked at the person he knew too well. "Gods what have I done?!..."

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

(Time for some action :)

Draconus placed his hand against the large door, it had a cold touch. Well it hadn't been touched for nearly 4500 years, so obviously it was going to be cold. He moved his and near the door handle as he pulled the door open slightly it burst open. Pushing him back 20 feet from the door. There was a sudden screech. "AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!". the loud yell could be heard through the entire school and a bit of the surounding area even though Draconus was literally nearly 3 miles underneath if the school, in the old dungeons and caves. Draconus could see a faint figure that was shadowy like. It looked his way eyes glowing red with blood 

"Been a while...hasn't it Draconus?" 

Draconus looked at the person he knew too well. "Gods what have I done?!..."

The Bug Stomper
November 4, 2015

Zii heard the noise. She felt a little dizzy...

"EVERYONE!!! We need to find Draconus, NOW!!" What happened, Zii?

"Girl, leave the room. Please." "You don't understand! Everyone's in danger!!"

by The Bug Stomper
November 4, 2015

Zii heard the noise. She felt a little dizzy...

"EVERYONE!!! We need to find Draconus, NOW!!" What happened, Zii?

"Girl, leave the room. Please." "You don't understand! Everyone's in danger!!"

Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

One of Draconus's head professors came in the room "Everyone to the Dining hall now!!! There has been an incident and Draconus isn't here, we need to take the safety precautions!" explained the Professor as everyone got up and rushed out of the classroom

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

One of Draconus's head professors came in the room "Everyone to the Dining hall now!!! There has been an incident and Draconus isn't here, we need to take the safety precautions!" explained the Professor as everyone got up and rushed out of the classroom

The Bug Stomper
November 4, 2015

Zii ran up to the head professor. "Protect him. He can't die." She ran away with the other students.

by The Bug Stomper
November 4, 2015

Zii ran up to the head professor. "Protect him. He can't die." She ran away with the other students.

Kronvullok
November 4, 2015

"Was that... Draconus?!"

I rush out of the Advanced Alteration class to find him.

by Kronvullok
November 4, 2015

"Was that... Draconus?!"

I rush out of the Advanced Alteration class to find him.

Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

Some of the professors went to the dining hall, while others gathered to look for Draconus "Maybe...no, why would he go down there?" said one of the professors, Zii watched them as she hid around a corner. She watched them talk and split up to enter through the dungeon entrance below the main floor. Zii followed one who was rushing to the stairwell.

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

Some of the professors went to the dining hall, while others gathered to look for Draconus "Maybe...no, why would he go down there?" said one of the professors, Zii watched them as she hid around a corner. She watched them talk and split up to enter through the dungeon entrance below the main floor. Zii followed one who was rushing to the stairwell.

Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 4, 2015

Ranfire stretched from her place on the ladder. Why did they have to put tomes up further than the ladder would reach. "Almost got it," she muttered as her fingertips barrely grasped the old book. Finally working it free from the shelf, she almost had the book in her grasp when a yell echoed through the room. "What was that?" The book slipped from her grasp and slammed onto the floor. The Sorceress stood there for a moment staring at the book before letting out an exasperated sigh and climbing back down.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 4, 2015

Ranfire stretched from her place on the ladder. Why did they have to put tomes up further than the ladder would reach. "Almost got it," she muttered as her fingertips barrely grasped the old book. Finally working it free from the shelf, she almost had the book in her grasp when a yell echoed through the room. "What was that?" The book slipped from her grasp and slammed onto the floor. The Sorceress stood there for a moment staring at the book before letting out an exasperated sigh and climbing back down.

Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

One of the young female librarians came up to Ranfire "Excuse me miss but everyone is suposed to go too the Dining Hall, it is the safety protacals" Explained the libarian. The little crow perched itself on Ranfires shoulderand crowed before it flew onto the librarians shoulder. Ranfire looked at the slip of paper she got from the bird slowly reading it as the letters appeared 'Listen and follow the librarian' 

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

One of the young female librarians came up to Ranfire "Excuse me miss but everyone is suposed to go too the Dining Hall, it is the safety protacals" Explained the libarian. The little crow perched itself on Ranfires shoulderand crowed before it flew onto the librarians shoulder. Ranfire looked at the slip of paper she got from the bird slowly reading it as the letters appeared 'Listen and follow the librarian' 

Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 4, 2015

Tucking the slip of paper away, she scooped up the fallen tome. "Very well then," she followed after the librarian. "Conjuration experiement gone wrong or something?" Ranfire was willing to admit that in her many years of study there had been more than a few mishaps. Each of them ending in some kind of mess. Made for interesting explainations at times.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 4, 2015

Tucking the slip of paper away, she scooped up the fallen tome. "Very well then," she followed after the librarian. "Conjuration experiement gone wrong or something?" Ranfire was willing to admit that in her many years of study there had been more than a few mishaps. Each of them ending in some kind of mess. Made for interesting explainations at times.

Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

"No. Far worse. . ." the woman paused "It's draconus."

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

"No. Far worse. . ." the woman paused "It's draconus."

Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 4, 2015

She frowned. "Draconus?" Her eyes moved towards the crow on the woman's shoulder, the paper already back in her hand.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 4, 2015

She frowned. "Draconus?" Her eyes moved towards the crow on the woman's shoulder, the paper already back in her hand.

Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

"Yes...something happened down in the dungeons. . .something we aren't supposed to mention but it is obvious we can't conceal it any longer" explained the rushing lady going down stairwell after hallway.

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 4, 2015

"Yes...something happened down in the dungeons. . .something we aren't supposed to mention but it is obvious we can't conceal it any longer" explained the rushing lady going down stairwell after hallway.

Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 5, 2015

Draconus must be the Arch Mage here or something . . . The young Sorceress was able to keep stride with the somewhat panicked woman. The stone walls and floor of the academy seemed to mimic the Cyrodiilic style commonly found in the Imperial cities. Perhaps a bit more extravagant. "I see . . ."

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 5, 2015

Draconus must be the Arch Mage here or something . . . The young Sorceress was able to keep stride with the somewhat panicked woman. The stone walls and floor of the academy seemed to mimic the Cyrodiilic style commonly found in the Imperial cities. Perhaps a bit more extravagant. "I see . . ."

Lokluv Strun
November 5, 2015

Magelight's palm is against the front door, ready to push it open, when she hears a tremendous uproar from behind her. The din grows louder and louder, filling her sensitive ears.

What's this?

Her puzzlement only grows when she sees that just about the entire school is fleeing into the Dining Hall. And the Instructors do their best to herd the crowd. They refuse to allow anybody to go anywhere else.

At the sight of a young Altmer being shoved back into the flow, Magelight grits her teeth. She probably got overwhelmed by the noise, you fools! Something is very, very wrong about what's going on. So she does what seems to be the best solution and slips out into the snowy, overcast lands of Skyrim.

As the heavy doors swing shut behind her, the Argonian relaxes. The other mages will be able to figure whatever's going on out. She has her gear; ebony sheild strapped to her arm, Mehrune's Razor at her hip, her pack slung over her back, and the robes...every time she puts them on, as now, she remembers. Remembers Silas.

With a shake of her head, she reminds herself to get going. If I just stand here one of those instructors will think to look outside!

by Lokluv Strun
November 5, 2015

Magelight's palm is against the front door, ready to push it open, when she hears a tremendous uproar from behind her. The din grows louder and louder, filling her sensitive ears.

What's this?

Her puzzlement only grows when she sees that just about the entire school is fleeing into the Dining Hall. And the Instructors do their best to herd the crowd. They refuse to allow anybody to go anywhere else.

At the sight of a young Altmer being shoved back into the flow, Magelight grits her teeth. She probably got overwhelmed by the noise, you fools! Something is very, very wrong about what's going on. So she does what seems to be the best solution and slips out into the snowy, overcast lands of Skyrim.

As the heavy doors swing shut behind her, the Argonian relaxes. The other mages will be able to figure whatever's going on out. She has her gear; ebony sheild strapped to her arm, Mehrune's Razor at her hip, her pack slung over her back, and the robes...every time she puts them on, as now, she remembers. Remembers Silas.

With a shake of her head, she reminds herself to get going. If I just stand here one of those instructors will think to look outside!

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.