January 9, 2015

Welcome to you all!

by paarthurnax
January 9, 2015

Welcome to you all!

Onikhah
January 21, 2015

Drem Yol Lok, fadhonne!

I suppose I'll go by Onikhah (my real name is Quin).  I'm a student in Louisiana, just starting my first year of college.

I've found the Elder Scrolls series to be quite the fun pastime since my introduction to it with Oblivion in 2008. I am only fluent in English, though have learned some Japanese through high school (you probably won't find me speaking it though, considering I barely speak at all most of the day).

I honestly hope to learn Dovahzul, because it intrigues me on an intellectual level (and it'd be kinda cool to speak it), though whether I have time is dependent on my school schedule (and many other hidden factors of life, though it's not like I'm keeping track of them).

With any luck, I'll perhaps learn the language (to the best of my abilities, anyways), make a few friends along the way, and possibly learn some things about myself. Wo mindok fos aluntiid gevild?

Signing off,

Onikhah

by Onikhah
January 21, 2015

Drem Yol Lok, fadhonne!

I suppose I'll go by Onikhah (my real name is Quin).  I'm a student in Louisiana, just starting my first year of college.

I've found the Elder Scrolls series to be quite the fun pastime since my introduction to it with Oblivion in 2008. I am only fluent in English, though have learned some Japanese through high school (you probably won't find me speaking it though, considering I barely speak at all most of the day).

I honestly hope to learn Dovahzul, because it intrigues me on an intellectual level (and it'd be kinda cool to speak it), though whether I have time is dependent on my school schedule (and many other hidden factors of life, though it's not like I'm keeping track of them).

With any luck, I'll perhaps learn the language (to the best of my abilities, anyways), make a few friends along the way, and possibly learn some things about myself. Wo mindok fos aluntiid gevild?

Signing off,

Onikhah

BoDuSil
January 22, 2015

Welcome, Onikhah!

by BoDuSil
January 22, 2015

Welcome, Onikhah!

Ahvorah
January 22, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by Ahvorah
January 22, 2015

Roarar
January 24, 2015

Hello! Goodness, didn't see this here. My name is Roarar! I've only played Skyrim, as far as Elder Scrolls games go, but I became very interested in the dragon language (mostly because good lord I love dragons) and decided to take the lessons on this site!

I went to Arkansas State in 2012-2013, dropped out after the first year because my grades weren't good enough to keep my largest scholarship. I live with di liin now and we're getting along life rather well.

I make art n stuff. Mostly furry and human OCs, some fanart, and durgons. I plan to make convention badges with the Dovahzul alphebet!

I watch a lot of youtube nowadays. Mostly Yogscast, Markiplier, and stuff on glitch Pokemon.

I am a gamer! Just, hm, not as much of one as most are. I've played the pokeymanz, some PS2 games, most of the Halo games, and of course, Skyirm. That's just a few, though.

Also as my profile picture shows, I'm a fan of zauniglom haha.

by Roarar
January 24, 2015

Hello! Goodness, didn't see this here. My name is Roarar! I've only played Skyrim, as far as Elder Scrolls games go, but I became very interested in the dragon language (mostly because good lord I love dragons) and decided to take the lessons on this site!

I went to Arkansas State in 2012-2013, dropped out after the first year because my grades weren't good enough to keep my largest scholarship. I live with di liin now and we're getting along life rather well.

I make art n stuff. Mostly furry and human OCs, some fanart, and durgons. I plan to make convention badges with the Dovahzul alphebet!

I watch a lot of youtube nowadays. Mostly Yogscast, Markiplier, and stuff on glitch Pokemon.

I am a gamer! Just, hm, not as much of one as most are. I've played the pokeymanz, some PS2 games, most of the Halo games, and of course, Skyirm. That's just a few, though.

Also as my profile picture shows, I'm a fan of zauniglom haha.

wildstrike21
January 25, 2015

Allo, allo! Drem yol lok to all!

The name is Volghahbo or you can call me Wildstrike or Strike or just... bleedin' call me whatever you want, ha-ha! Just joined today but I've been using this lovely site for RPs among myself and several friends. I've always found languages quite interesting and have started a collection I like to call my Tri-L, or lovely little lexicon. Haven't really told anyone about it but it's pretty much just a closet full of boxes upon boxes of language texts, both that I have bought and written myself from online sources.

I'm hoping to add the lovely information contributed by everyone here to the rest of my piles. I organize by language. Right now I have Cybertronian (text only, mostly theory), Klingon, a crap tonne of Earth langauge, Na'vi, Elvish of all kinds and branches including Drow and others, Esperanto (this I just started recently), and, of course, dovahzul.

I don't necessarily learn these languages, I just like collecting the information so that one day I can have just this big library strictly for langauges, both real and fantasy, since both are equally valuable. It would be a great reference for our world or other worlds years after we're gone, eh?

I'm currently attending Mohawk Valley Community College for Graphic Design and Motion Media Design with a minor in Creative Writing. I have a two year certificate in Visual Communications and an advanced regents diploma with career and technical endorsement for my achievements at my vocational school. Designing and writing are my passions. And video games, obviously (approaching 400 hours on Skyrim with almost all of the achievements)!

I watch plenty of YouTube, rotating between 'tubers based on my mood. RPGMinx, Markiplier, CTK, Cry, PyschadelicSnake, the Creatures and their individual channels, etc etc are my usual stomping grounds although I usually chill back and don't comment or anything like that.

I usually chill on steam if I play games. Recently got Don't Starve Together, Town of Salem, and getting into Garry's Mod now that I have someone to play with me. I tend to not buy games unless I get them on a good deal. I rarely buy full price. And then I usually splurge as soon as a sale is on and will buy for my close friends, haha!

So... Yeah. Sorry to ramble. Happy to meet you all!

by wildstrike21
January 25, 2015

Allo, allo! Drem yol lok to all!

The name is Volghahbo or you can call me Wildstrike or Strike or just... bleedin' call me whatever you want, ha-ha! Just joined today but I've been using this lovely site for RPs among myself and several friends. I've always found languages quite interesting and have started a collection I like to call my Tri-L, or lovely little lexicon. Haven't really told anyone about it but it's pretty much just a closet full of boxes upon boxes of language texts, both that I have bought and written myself from online sources.

I'm hoping to add the lovely information contributed by everyone here to the rest of my piles. I organize by language. Right now I have Cybertronian (text only, mostly theory), Klingon, a crap tonne of Earth langauge, Na'vi, Elvish of all kinds and branches including Drow and others, Esperanto (this I just started recently), and, of course, dovahzul.

I don't necessarily learn these languages, I just like collecting the information so that one day I can have just this big library strictly for langauges, both real and fantasy, since both are equally valuable. It would be a great reference for our world or other worlds years after we're gone, eh?

I'm currently attending Mohawk Valley Community College for Graphic Design and Motion Media Design with a minor in Creative Writing. I have a two year certificate in Visual Communications and an advanced regents diploma with career and technical endorsement for my achievements at my vocational school. Designing and writing are my passions. And video games, obviously (approaching 400 hours on Skyrim with almost all of the achievements)!

I watch plenty of YouTube, rotating between 'tubers based on my mood. RPGMinx, Markiplier, CTK, Cry, PyschadelicSnake, the Creatures and their individual channels, etc etc are my usual stomping grounds although I usually chill back and don't comment or anything like that.

I usually chill on steam if I play games. Recently got Don't Starve Together, Town of Salem, and getting into Garry's Mod now that I have someone to play with me. I tend to not buy games unless I get them on a good deal. I rarely buy full price. And then I usually splurge as soon as a sale is on and will buy for my close friends, haha!

So... Yeah. Sorry to ramble. Happy to meet you all!

TarVex
January 25, 2015

by TarVex
January 25, 2015

Felniir Ahvus
January 25, 2015

Drem yol lok, I lokal languages and dovahhe, so I'm happy kosa here.  I'm dojtaas dovahzul as quick as I vis.  I studied linguistics 'aan bok lingrah vod' and I'm krosontaas on a phd in tinvok and rhetoric at the moment. I think that any language is an opportunity, and I drey lokal drokurtaas Skyrim.  Looking forward to learning here - kogaan!

by Felniir Ahvus
January 25, 2015

Drem yol lok, I lokal languages and dovahhe, so I'm happy kosa here.  I'm dojtaas dovahzul as quick as I vis.  I studied linguistics 'aan bok lingrah vod' and I'm krosontaas on a phd in tinvok and rhetoric at the moment. I think that any language is an opportunity, and I drey lokal drokurtaas Skyrim.  Looking forward to learning here - kogaan!

DovahKiinZaan
January 26, 2015

Drem yol lok! I'm mark, and I'm amazing... Joking. 

Anyway, I haven't posted here and I am a devoted member of the community, I'm open to questions and I'm also open to PMs. 

Anything else?

by DovahKiinZaan
January 26, 2015

Drem yol lok! I'm mark, and I'm amazing... Joking. 

Anyway, I haven't posted here and I am a devoted member of the community, I'm open to questions and I'm also open to PMs. 

Anything else?

Korahvax
January 31, 2015

Drem Yol Lok!

I'm Korahvax, just this day joined. I have really enjoyed using this site for my writing about my Dovahkiin! It has been so interesting to attempt learning the language. Elder Scrolls has recently become a favourite pasttime of mine, Skyrim and Online particularly. 

So I hope to help advance the dictionary and such in the future! 

by Korahvax
January 31, 2015

Drem Yol Lok!

I'm Korahvax, just this day joined. I have really enjoyed using this site for my writing about my Dovahkiin! It has been so interesting to attempt learning the language. Elder Scrolls has recently become a favourite pasttime of mine, Skyrim and Online particularly. 

So I hope to help advance the dictionary and such in the future! 

remruthzokeyr
February 1, 2015

Hah! I've been a member of this site for a fortnight now and somehow I didn't see this here.

Drem yol lok!

I am remruthzokeyr. Not my real name I might add. My name is matt. I'm a training service engineer from England. I deal with electrical installations and electronic panel boards, but also plumbing and heating systems. Sadly, the fact that I am still training means I get paid about 25k pa less than a qualified engineer. 

I love languages and linguistics. Other than English, I speak Italian (once fluently but probably not quite to that standard anymore). I am also familiar with French and spanish from school, and polish oddly enough.

Love the site. The fact that this exists pleases me immensely.

by remruthzokeyr
February 1, 2015

Hah! I've been a member of this site for a fortnight now and somehow I didn't see this here.

Drem yol lok!

I am remruthzokeyr. Not my real name I might add. My name is matt. I'm a training service engineer from England. I deal with electrical installations and electronic panel boards, but also plumbing and heating systems. Sadly, the fact that I am still training means I get paid about 25k pa less than a qualified engineer. 

I love languages and linguistics. Other than English, I speak Italian (once fluently but probably not quite to that standard anymore). I am also familiar with French and spanish from school, and polish oddly enough.

Love the site. The fact that this exists pleases me immensely.

Frinmulaar
February 2, 2015

Drem yol lok, innesezul! Freymulaar here. I joined yesterday after stalking the site for half a year, mostly due to finally getting my hands on Skyrim. I must say I have never before witnessed such a welcoming, friendly, dedicated community as this one.

I'm from Finland, the land of hard rolled R's, strict phonetic spelling and Swedish loanwords. Having loved linguistics since kindergarten and created quite a few unfinished conlangs in my time, I couldn't help but end up here. ;)

Better hop on the bandwagon before that first Dovahzul village is founded. And if I can create a rot or three in the process, all the better.

by Frinmulaar
February 2, 2015

Drem yol lok, innesezul! Freymulaar here. I joined yesterday after stalking the site for half a year, mostly due to finally getting my hands on Skyrim. I must say I have never before witnessed such a welcoming, friendly, dedicated community as this one.

I'm from Finland, the land of hard rolled R's, strict phonetic spelling and Swedish loanwords. Having loved linguistics since kindergarten and created quite a few unfinished conlangs in my time, I couldn't help but end up here. ;)

Better hop on the bandwagon before that first Dovahzul village is founded. And if I can create a rot or three in the process, all the better.

DovahKiinZaan
February 11, 2015
@Inloktiid Welcome!
by DovahKiinZaan
February 11, 2015
@Inloktiid Welcome!

DiilMaarDur
February 14, 2015
Nahlot! Beware all. For the bringer of an undead curse has been wrought upon all others and none shall escape its wrath. The cleansing has begun, the weak shall fail, while the strong prevail.

------Hello all! Somewhat Scary introduction aside, my name is DiilMaarDur. Like most of you here, I am an obvious Skyrim fan. However I have only recently started getting into the Dovahzul language because I was ignorant when I first bought the game and initially thought it was a bunch of nonsense. (I know I know... shame on me :P) As of right now, I am just making plans to learn the Dovahzul language as best I can. I live in the city the bleeds orange Syracuse, New York. Right now I am taking classes right now that would have me set for multiple careers if I need one (or two) failsafes in life. I hope that in the future I can add to the growing language and contribute to it in any way I can!
by DiilMaarDur
February 14, 2015
Nahlot! Beware all. For the bringer of an undead curse has been wrought upon all others and none shall escape its wrath. The cleansing has begun, the weak shall fail, while the strong prevail.

------Hello all! Somewhat Scary introduction aside, my name is DiilMaarDur. Like most of you here, I am an obvious Skyrim fan. However I have only recently started getting into the Dovahzul language because I was ignorant when I first bought the game and initially thought it was a bunch of nonsense. (I know I know... shame on me :P) As of right now, I am just making plans to learn the Dovahzul language as best I can. I live in the city the bleeds orange Syracuse, New York. Right now I am taking classes right now that would have me set for multiple careers if I need one (or two) failsafes in life. I hope that in the future I can add to the growing language and contribute to it in any way I can!

Vulkulle
February 19, 2015

Drem yol lok, dii fahdonne! I'm Darksons(DARKSONS). Good to meet you!

by Vulkulle
February 19, 2015

Drem yol lok, dii fahdonne! I'm Darksons(DARKSONS). Good to meet you!

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.