A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  100  101  102  103 > >>  

hiith
June 3, 2014

Mii

perhaps this could also mean "let's", or "let us", as in "let's (let us) go play"

by hiith
June 3, 2014

Mii

perhaps this could also mean "let's", or "let us", as in "let's (let us) go play"

Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Kolzakiiv

Synonym: Blueprint

by Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Kolzakiiv

Synonym: Blueprint

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 3, 2014

Nelom: This is nel with the suffix -om so it specifically means "fastness." I did expand its definition to include "quickness" but that's the furthest we'll be able to reasonably stretch nelom.

Beznan: Added "ellipse," for some reason it was an adjective before so I corrected it to a noun.

Premaal: This comes from prem "patience," "having patience." A word for tolerant would better derive from tholah, maybe tholaan.

Vahlad: Deleted.

Inkoraav: Personally I would be more in favor of removing "manage" from this word and creating a new (maybe semi-canon) word that means "to manage or administrate." The reason I say this is because inkoraav means "master-see," and while "manage" or "administrate" might be synonyms, "oversee" is really the most accurate translation for the word.

Dojuk: Good question, let's say dojuk is a noun only.

Mii: I feel like this would be a natural part of Dovahzul grammar (omitting words or leaving things to context) rather than part of a specific word's definition. Mii krif, "let us fight." If this is something we want to do, I could add it to the Learn page on pronouns.

Kolzakiiv: I think "blueprint" would be too specific, "blueprint" referring to a schematic that is printed on blue paper. I don't think there's anything about kolzakiiv that would imply a schematic of that kind.

by paarthurnax
June 3, 2014

Nelom: This is nel with the suffix -om so it specifically means "fastness." I did expand its definition to include "quickness" but that's the furthest we'll be able to reasonably stretch nelom.

Beznan: Added "ellipse," for some reason it was an adjective before so I corrected it to a noun.

Premaal: This comes from prem "patience," "having patience." A word for tolerant would better derive from tholah, maybe tholaan.

Vahlad: Deleted.

Inkoraav: Personally I would be more in favor of removing "manage" from this word and creating a new (maybe semi-canon) word that means "to manage or administrate." The reason I say this is because inkoraav means "master-see," and while "manage" or "administrate" might be synonyms, "oversee" is really the most accurate translation for the word.

Dojuk: Good question, let's say dojuk is a noun only.

Mii: I feel like this would be a natural part of Dovahzul grammar (omitting words or leaving things to context) rather than part of a specific word's definition. Mii krif, "let us fight." If this is something we want to do, I could add it to the Learn page on pronouns.

Kolzakiiv: I think "blueprint" would be too specific, "blueprint" referring to a schematic that is printed on blue paper. I don't think there's anything about kolzakiiv that would imply a schematic of that kind.

Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Mindoraan. You handled the overwhelming barrage of questions and suggestions pretty nicely! 

by Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Mindoraan. You handled the overwhelming barrage of questions and suggestions pretty nicely! 

shynight
June 3, 2014

Seilhei

should be ecstaSy

by shynight
June 3, 2014

Seilhei

should be ecstaSy

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 3, 2014
shynight

Seilhei

should be ecstaSy

Fixed!

by paarthurnax
June 3, 2014
shynight

Seilhei

should be ecstaSy

Fixed!

hiith
June 4, 2014

Did "two" go from "ziin" to "zein" and then back to "ziin"? What's up with that?

by hiith
June 4, 2014

Did "two" go from "ziin" to "zein" and then back to "ziin"? What's up with that?

Morovahdin
June 4, 2014

Reyth

Perhaps we can capitalize the first letter in árbol to be consistent with the other dictionary entries?

by Morovahdin
June 4, 2014

Reyth

Perhaps we can capitalize the first letter in árbol to be consistent with the other dictionary entries?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 4, 2014
hiith

The word went from "Zein" to "Ziin" to avoid conflict with the canon word "Zein," meaning "worship."

@Morovahdin - as far as other language definitions go, if you see something that should be corrected you should message the original translator or if need be, you can correct it yourself by adding a "new" translation.

by paarthurnax
June 4, 2014
hiith

The word went from "Zein" to "Ziin" to avoid conflict with the canon word "Zein," meaning "worship."

@Morovahdin - as far as other language definitions go, if you see something that should be corrected you should message the original translator or if need be, you can correct it yourself by adding a "new" translation.

hiith
June 4, 2014
paarthurnax

It was "ziin" before, but then it changed to "zein" and said that it was canon, which is what I find most intriguing about it. And then it went back to non-canon "ziin".

Why was it changed to "zein"?

by hiith
June 4, 2014
paarthurnax

It was "ziin" before, but then it changed to "zein" and said that it was canon, which is what I find most intriguing about it. And then it went back to non-canon "ziin".

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 4, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

Where are you seeing this? As far as I can find, all of the previous dictionary editions list the word "Zein" and list it as non-canon.

by paarthurnax
June 4, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

Where are you seeing this? As far as I can find, all of the previous dictionary editions list the word "Zein" and list it as non-canon.

hiith
June 4, 2014

Well, I believe that most of the confusion came from this:

http://i.imgur.com/Oxi4s6J.png

It still shows up like this.

And, yes, I am on at 9:39 PM. And I forgot to turn my wi-fi on.

I just noticed: it says it's a verb. Odd.

by hiith
June 4, 2014

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 4, 2014
hiith

Yeah, that looks like an issue with the app. I'll have to look into that.

by paarthurnax
June 4, 2014
hiith

Yeah, that looks like an issue with the app. I'll have to look into that.

hiith
June 4, 2014

On that note:

Zeiniin,

Zeinhaal,

and Zeinkeyal

rely on "two" as Zein"

by hiith
June 4, 2014

On that note:

Zeiniin,

Zeinhaal,

and Zeinkeyal

rely on "two" as Zein"

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 4, 2014
hiith

On that note:

Zeiniin,

Zeinhaal,

and Zeinkeyal

rely on "two" as Zein"

Thanks, fixed.

by paarthurnax
June 4, 2014
hiith

On that note:

Zeiniin,

Zeinhaal,

and Zeinkeyal

rely on "two" as Zein"

Thanks, fixed.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.