Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Introductions

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  27  28  29  30 > >>  

Lotovmul
April 16, 2015

Drem yol lok, dii fahdonne ! I'm Lotovmul, living in Canada, travelling from time to time to Skyrim, doing C.É.G.E.P., 2nd session. I'm studying a program called "S.I.M.", which is composed of science, mathematics, and programming classes. I hope I'll go to what you are calling "College" in "Génie logiciel",  to become a "software engineer" (I don't know what's the equivalent in English, so this is a rough translation). I can speak French, English, I learned a bit of Spanish, some Greek, and now I'm doing Dovahzul. I've started to learn 4-5 days ago, and I know almost all the alphabet by heart (sometimes I'm getting confused with "ei", "ey", and "x"). I need to practice my grammar, learn the prefixes and suffixes, as well as some conventional conversations like "How do you say... in Dovahzul ?" or "Goodnight !". I think I love what I'm doing right now (learning a language), as it opens more doors to my "vast knowledge of things in the world"! It's also fun, and kind of a "child dream" of being able to speak an outworldly tongue, especially if it's Draconic, Magic language, and such.

I think that's about it. I hope I'll make friends here...

Cordially,

Lotovmul

N.B.(bis): I'd love to see an iOS application of the Dovahzul dictionary, with a useful search tool !

by Lotovmul
April 16, 2015

Drem yol lok, dii fahdonne ! I'm Lotovmul, living in Canada, travelling from time to time to Skyrim, doing C.É.G.E.P., 2nd session. I'm studying a program called "S.I.M.", which is composed of science, mathematics, and programming classes. I hope I'll go to what you are calling "College" in "Génie logiciel",  to become a "software engineer" (I don't know what's the equivalent in English, so this is a rough translation). I can speak French, English, I learned a bit of Spanish, some Greek, and now I'm doing Dovahzul. I've started to learn 4-5 days ago, and I know almost all the alphabet by heart (sometimes I'm getting confused with "ei", "ey", and "x"). I need to practice my grammar, learn the prefixes and suffixes, as well as some conventional conversations like "How do you say... in Dovahzul ?" or "Goodnight !". I think I love what I'm doing right now (learning a language), as it opens more doors to my "vast knowledge of things in the world"! It's also fun, and kind of a "child dream" of being able to speak an outworldly tongue, especially if it's Draconic, Magic language, and such.

I think that's about it. I hope I'll make friends here...

Cordially,

Lotovmul

N.B.(bis): I'd love to see an iOS application of the Dovahzul dictionary, with a useful search tool !

Faxmirgrut
April 17, 2015

Ahnok, braan joorre. My name is Faxmirgrut. I stumbled upon this tozeinvu site while browsing the wide sea of World Wide Web. Since then i am trying to master the fine language of Dovazhul. I can proudly say that after 2 weeks i can construct very basic sentences. Wich is quite good considering i am the laziest person you'll find in your laas.

by Faxmirgrut
April 17, 2015

Ahnok, braan joorre. My name is Faxmirgrut. I stumbled upon this tozeinvu site while browsing the wide sea of World Wide Web. Since then i am trying to master the fine language of Dovazhul. I can proudly say that after 2 weeks i can construct very basic sentences. Wich is quite good considering i am the laziest person you'll find in your laas.

matjojo
April 17, 2015

ahnok dii fahdonne!

I'm Matjojo Living in the NetherlandsI I learned of the existence of skyrim about a year ago, i since played the whole game about trice, first without the extensions, and then once as a wherewolf and currently I am playing as a vampire. As i really enjoyed playing the game i once tried to get into speaking dovahzul but never actually found a good learning point, since i saw this website yesterday I made an account today and almost immedially got into the language. I am 15 years old, am turning 16 next week and am at a havo school level which means that I will be able to go to university in two years!, I hope to do a software or hardware engineer course at uni once I get there. I speak dutch and english fluently and as said I am currently learning dovahzul. 

If you want to know anything about me just do a PM or ask it here.

Matjojo (after my name change it will hopefully be bo dinok, (flying death))

by matjojo
April 17, 2015

ahnok dii fahdonne!

I'm Matjojo Living in the NetherlandsI I learned of the existence of skyrim about a year ago, i since played the whole game about trice, first without the extensions, and then once as a wherewolf and currently I am playing as a vampire. As i really enjoyed playing the game i once tried to get into speaking dovahzul but never actually found a good learning point, since i saw this website yesterday I made an account today and almost immedially got into the language. I am 15 years old, am turning 16 next week and am at a havo school level which means that I will be able to go to university in two years!, I hope to do a software or hardware engineer course at uni once I get there. I speak dutch and english fluently and as said I am currently learning dovahzul. 

If you want to know anything about me just do a PM or ask it here.

Matjojo (after my name change it will hopefully be bo dinok, (flying death))

Elderscrollsreader
April 18, 2015

Just wanted to give a friendly Valokein to all people new to this realm. May the nine devices place their blesses upon you.

by Elderscrollsreader
April 18, 2015

Just wanted to give a friendly Valokein to all people new to this realm. May the nine devices place their blesses upon you.

skulldozer225
April 22, 2015

My name is skulldozer225. I am here to get involved , and meet, the skyrim community. I am here to learn the dragon language. 

I am very happy to be here!

by skulldozer225
April 22, 2015

My name is skulldozer225. I am here to get involved , and meet, the skyrim community. I am here to learn the dragon language. 

Lotovmul
April 23, 2015
skulldozer225

Drem yol lok, skulldozer225! You'll learn a lot about Dovahzul here!

by Lotovmul
April 23, 2015
skulldozer225

Drem yol lok, skulldozer225! You'll learn a lot about Dovahzul here!

Xatarias
April 25, 2015

Ello everybody! My name is Kiir do Alduin. I am in High School right now, but when I graduate, I want to be an author! I love books, roleplay, and hanging out with my friends! I also don't care what you look like, but it's how you act that I care about, and seeing alot of these, I can tell there are awesome people on here. I don't judge people unless judged first. Skyrim is my favorite game, so I'm going to try and learn Dovah. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet alot of excellent people on here! Lost studen sul!

by Xatarias
April 25, 2015

Ello everybody! My name is Kiir do Alduin. I am in High School right now, but when I graduate, I want to be an author! I love books, roleplay, and hanging out with my friends! I also don't care what you look like, but it's how you act that I care about, and seeing alot of these, I can tell there are awesome people on here. I don't judge people unless judged first. Skyrim is my favorite game, so I'm going to try and learn Dovah. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet alot of excellent people on here! Lost studen sul!

Treason
May 8, 2015

Hello! my name is Treason (going to change that name later....) I am (at the time of this post) a junior in High School. I intend to go into level design and A.I. programming. The reason I joined this site was because I found this to be a very fun way to pass the time (That and the fact my school just shut down our ASL program.)I hope to get to know the lot of you in my time here!!!

by Treason
May 8, 2015

Hello! my name is Treason (going to change that name later....) I am (at the time of this post) a junior in High School. I intend to go into level design and A.I. programming. The reason I joined this site was because I found this to be a very fun way to pass the time (That and the fact my school just shut down our ASL program.)I hope to get to know the lot of you in my time here!!!

gtfobro
May 8, 2015

Yo! Ignore the username, you can call me Topi. I've been meaning to try and get a grasp of Dovahzul and Tolkien's languages, and I think this is a good start. Admittingly, I feel a little silly because Skyrim's (as a game) value to me has been dimishing, but Elder Scrolls's overall lore has always interested me, so learning the language sounds pretty cool ^^ Not to say I don't like playing Skyrim - I play it a lot nowadays, but heavily modded haha

I'm aspiring to be a character designer and concept artist, I have a long ways to go, but its been a really fun journey so far. I'm also looking to archery as a hobby and hopefully implementing light acrobatics to it (ambitious, I know...). Currently working on an open ended comic/doujinshi series that has yet to launch, but much of the lore has been established - it's just a matter of introducing it all and what not.

The extent of my language history is just novice Latin and Japanese. Was learning Latin hoping to implement it in songs (when I made music at the time), but it's rare to have high schools offer that as a language it seems. Same with Japanese, I learned that for a few years, but lack of practice only makes it so well remembered ... and I can only really write in Hiragana and katakana. as for dragon language - very little, so this should be fun. I'M more interested in the writing than anything, but the rest of it is just as interesting

kay, I'm done.

edit: I FORGOT ABOUT THE BRACKETS, I'M SORRY! that's how I do parenthesis and smileys @@ I fixed it, but now I have to be more careful with how I type OTL

edit2: and... now there's dragon text I didn't intend but I... have no idea how to fix it.... sorry guys.

by gtfobro
May 8, 2015

Yo! Ignore the username, you can call me Topi. I've been meaning to try and get a grasp of Dovahzul and Tolkien's languages, and I think this is a good start. Admittingly, I feel a little silly because Skyrim's (as a game) value to me has been dimishing, but Elder Scrolls's overall lore has always interested me, so learning the language sounds pretty cool ^^ Not to say I don't like playing Skyrim - I play it a lot nowadays, but heavily modded haha

I'm aspiring to be a character designer and concept artist, I have a long ways to go, but its been a really fun journey so far. I'm also looking to archery as a hobby and hopefully implementing light acrobatics to it (ambitious, I know...). Currently working on an open ended comic/doujinshi series that has yet to launch, but much of the lore has been established - it's just a matter of introducing it all and what not.

The extent of my language history is just novice Latin and Japanese. Was learning Latin hoping to implement it in songs (when I made music at the time), but it's rare to have high schools offer that as a language it seems. Same with Japanese, I learned that for a few years, but lack of practice only makes it so well remembered ... and I can only really write in Hiragana and katakana. as for dragon language - very little, so this should be fun. I'M more interested in the writing than anything, but the rest of it is just as interesting

kay, I'm done.

edit: I FORGOT ABOUT THE BRACKETS, I'M SORRY! that's how I do parenthesis and smileys @@ I fixed it, but now I have to be more careful with how I type OTL

edit2: and... now there's dragon text I didn't intend but I... have no idea how to fix it.... sorry guys.

CheeseLord
May 8, 2015

I'm CheeseLord. I like cheese (obviously) and once ate half of a whole block by myself in one meal. I am a huge Skyrim and Elder Scrolls fan and also play a lot of Age of Wonders. I am a fencer, archer and hiker as well as a gamer and want to be a video game (graphics and animation) designer. I have created two basic games so far and am on my third. I am almost finished with my freshman year of high school.

by CheeseLord
May 8, 2015

I'm CheeseLord. I like cheese (obviously) and once ate half of a whole block by myself in one meal. I am a huge Skyrim and Elder Scrolls fan and also play a lot of Age of Wonders. I am a fencer, archer and hiker as well as a gamer and want to be a video game (graphics and animation) designer. I have created two basic games so far and am on my third. I am almost finished with my freshman year of high school.

Aelwyd
May 17, 2015

Hello everyone! I'm Aelwyd, and I've just discovered this website. I love learning languages and have only dipped my toes into the conlang waters a couple times in the past while exploring Tolkien's Elvish languages (Quenya and Sindarin). I live in the Pacific Northwest, I love doing archery, drawing, and playing video games (of course). I'm so excited to play with Dovahzul and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

by Aelwyd
May 17, 2015

Hello everyone! I'm Aelwyd, and I've just discovered this website. I love learning languages and have only dipped my toes into the conlang waters a couple times in the past while exploring Tolkien's Elvish languages (Quenya and Sindarin). I live in the Pacific Northwest, I love doing archery, drawing, and playing video games (of course). I'm so excited to play with Dovahzul and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

roastedZork
June 18, 2015

Drem yol lok. I am roastedZork, and I'm learning how to speak Dovahzul.

Fun fact: I live in the desert of nevada.

Fun fact 2: I like sushi.

Fun fact of the day: Who like minecraft

by roastedZork
June 18, 2015

Drem yol lok. I am roastedZork, and I'm learning how to speak Dovahzul.

Fun fact: I live in the desert of nevada.

Fun fact 2: I like sushi.

Fun fact of the day: Who like minecraft

ErianDragonborn
June 19, 2015

Drem yol lok!
I am Erian Dragonborn. I am quite a Skyrim fan, and a conlang enthusiast, so what's better than Dovahzul?
Next to playing Skyrim, I am also a modder and mod tester (mainly for the modders, but I post videos of it on youtube).
I like to learn Dovahzul by 'speaking' it, so I think the dictionary and the roleplay-forum are going to be my best friends on this site :) I really like the memrise course too, though.

by ErianDragonborn
June 19, 2015

Drem yol lok!
I am Erian Dragonborn. I am quite a Skyrim fan, and a conlang enthusiast, so what's better than Dovahzul?
Next to playing Skyrim, I am also a modder and mod tester (mainly for the modders, but I post videos of it on youtube).
I like to learn Dovahzul by 'speaking' it, so I think the dictionary and the roleplay-forum are going to be my best friends on this site :) I really like the memrise course too, though.

Kosenu
June 26, 2015

Valokein pah!

by Kosenu
June 26, 2015

Valokein pah!

TheFemaleCharlie
July 8, 2015

Why did I not find this thread until now? (I joined May last year)

Anyhow, I'm Charlie and I'm admittedly a little out of practice in Dovahzul. College will do that to you. I'm 19, about to start my second college semester and intend to spend the next 15+ years in school learning to be a surgeon.

I've already got a good start on the whole "doctor" thing. I'm spiteful, rude, don't care about your feelings, and will immediately call you out when you do or say something stupid. Basically, I'm House, M.D. without the medical license and college degrees. You have been warned.

On top of being a surgeon, my life's goal is to be the very best like no one ever was. Deal with it. *sunglasses*

by TheFemaleCharlie
July 8, 2015

Why did I not find this thread until now? (I joined May last year)

Anyhow, I'm Charlie and I'm admittedly a little out of practice in Dovahzul. College will do that to you. I'm 19, about to start my second college semester and intend to spend the next 15+ years in school learning to be a surgeon.

I've already got a good start on the whole "doctor" thing. I'm spiteful, rude, don't care about your feelings, and will immediately call you out when you do or say something stupid. Basically, I'm House, M.D. without the medical license and college degrees. You have been warned.

On top of being a surgeon, my life's goal is to be the very best like no one ever was. Deal with it. *sunglasses*

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.