A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

[M] [ND] Star Wars The Old Republic: Elder Scrolls

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  35  36  37  38 > >>  

Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 2, 2015
Lokonikah

Once Jorrya arrives in the cargo hold, he looks around the room with concern and worry. All for his men, of course, and caution when concerning the alien. He pats one of the wounded soldiers', cursing underneath his breath when he figures out she had passed on.

"Doctor, try to keep our men and women alive, and rested... We lost too many people as it is." The Corporal then turns a trained eye to the horned woman who is currently lying on the ground. He steps over to her lying form, taking a knee as he studies her most prominent feature: The horns.

"Where did you come from...?"

(I'm assuming he's wearing his helmet still, yeah?)

Blood red eyes, snapped towards the Corporal. Despite being seemingly exhausted, they still carried a cold, piercing gaze. Her expression changed, showing a bit of shock. A Khajiit was kneeling in front of her. So I'm not the only one form Tamriel here? However, the words he spoke seemed jumbled, unclear. It seemed to be a question of some kind, the only word being clear was 'you'. She shifted her weight slightly, trying to be ready to move at a moment's notice. "Where are we?" She muttered, figuring it wouldn't understand anyway.

(Edited due to the whole mess about translators and Lok's character having his helmet off.)

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 2, 2015
Lokonikah

Once Jorrya arrives in the cargo hold, he looks around the room with concern and worry. All for his men, of course, and caution when concerning the alien. He pats one of the wounded soldiers', cursing underneath his breath when he figures out she had passed on.

"Doctor, try to keep our men and women alive, and rested... We lost too many people as it is." The Corporal then turns a trained eye to the horned woman who is currently lying on the ground. He steps over to her lying form, taking a knee as he studies her most prominent feature: The horns.

"Where did you come from...?"

Blood red eyes, snapped towards the Corporal. Despite being seemingly exhausted, they still carried a cold, piercing gaze. Her expression changed, showing a bit of shock. A Khajiit was kneeling in front of her. So I'm not the only one form Tamriel here? However, the words he spoke seemed jumbled, unclear. It seemed to be a question of some kind, the only word being clear was 'you'. She shifted her weight slightly, trying to be ready to move at a moment's notice. "Where are we?" She muttered, figuring it wouldn't understand anyway.

(Edited due to the whole mess about translators and Lok's character having his helmet off.)

Veyd Sahvoz
November 2, 2015

(You have a translater on though :P the soldiers put an earpiece on you, and they already have translaters in their helmets)

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 2, 2015

(You have a translater on though :P the soldiers put an earpiece on you, and they already have translaters in their helmets)

Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 2, 2015
Veyd Sahvoz

(But how do you translate a language you have zero knowledge on . . .?)

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 2, 2015
Veyd Sahvoz

Vultuzmaar
November 2, 2015

(the same way linguists try to decipher long dead languages)

by Vultuzmaar
November 2, 2015

(the same way linguists try to decipher long dead languages)

Veyd Sahvoz
November 2, 2015
Ahkrinfeynvokun

(Technology >;)

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 2, 2015
Ahkrinfeynvokun

(Technology >;)

Vultuzmaar
November 2, 2015
Veyd Sahvoz

(Technology >;)

(since the language is foreign to even the translators, why not make the translation not 100% accurate?)

by Vultuzmaar
November 2, 2015
Veyd Sahvoz

(Technology >;)

(since the language is foreign to even the translators, why not make the translation not 100% accurate?)

Veyd Sahvoz
November 2, 2015

(I'll wait till you guys get too know each other then we'll skip)

Darth Nihilus was at the front of his flagship, his crew was preping the ship for a hyperspace jump, they started the count down. One of the commanders approached Nihilus "Lord Nihilus, this republic fleet is either burning or about too explode, would you like me to have your ship fitted with a hyperdrive?" asked the commander, Nihilus looked at him and raised his hand not even turning around. The commander walked away and in a 30 seconds they took off too Ziost

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 2, 2015

(I'll wait till you guys get too know each other then we'll skip)

Darth Nihilus was at the front of his flagship, his crew was preping the ship for a hyperspace jump, they started the count down. One of the commanders approached Nihilus "Lord Nihilus, this republic fleet is either burning or about too explode, would you like me to have your ship fitted with a hyperdrive?" asked the commander, Nihilus looked at him and raised his hand not even turning around. The commander walked away and in a 30 seconds they took off too Ziost

Lokonikah
November 2, 2015
Ahkrinfeynvokun

Blood red eyes, snapped towards the Corporal. Despite being seemingly exhausted, they still carried a cold, piercing gaze. A frown worked its way onto her face. Was the creature, soldier, whatever it was, talking to her? The sounds didn't resemble anything she was familiar with. She shifted her weight slightly, trying to be ready to move at a moment's notice. "Just what are you?" She muttered, figuring it wouldn't understand anyway.

(( It isn't on, no. Full on Cathar for ya, pure-white fur with black tiger stripes :) ))

by Lokonikah
November 2, 2015
Ahkrinfeynvokun

Blood red eyes, snapped towards the Corporal. Despite being seemingly exhausted, they still carried a cold, piercing gaze. A frown worked its way onto her face. Was the creature, soldier, whatever it was, talking to her? The sounds didn't resemble anything she was familiar with. She shifted her weight slightly, trying to be ready to move at a moment's notice. "Just what are you?" She muttered, figuring it wouldn't understand anyway.

(( It isn't on, no. Full on Cathar for ya, pure-white fur with black tiger stripes :) ))

Veyd Sahvoz
November 2, 2015
Vultuzmaar

(Sure, good idea. :) and they could probably fix them so they could understand her better, along the way)

by Veyd Sahvoz
November 2, 2015
Vultuzmaar

(Sure, good idea. :) and they could probably fix them so they could understand her better, along the way)

Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 2, 2015
Lokonikah

(( It isn't own, no. Full on Cathar for yeah, pure-white fur with black tiger stripes :) ))

(*eye twitches* then I need to go fix my post since she'd jump to thinking he's a Khajiit)

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
November 2, 2015
Lokonikah

(( It isn't own, no. Full on Cathar for yeah, pure-white fur with black tiger stripes :) ))

(*eye twitches* then I need to go fix my post since she'd jump to thinking he's a Khajiit)

Lokonikah
November 2, 2015

(( Er... I'd go with that Tamrielic Common, which I assume is constructed similarly to Galactic Basic {I.E. grammar ideals and pronunciations taken from all modern languages and cobbeled into one united language for everyone to easily learn and understand}, could be loosely translated, since Akaviri=Japanese, Elven=unused in construction of Common, Cyrodiilic=Latin, Nordic=Ancient Germanic, Alik'r=Arabic, and... Any languages I forgot? ))

by Lokonikah
November 2, 2015

(( Er... I'd go with that Tamrielic Common, which I assume is constructed similarly to Galactic Basic {I.E. grammar ideals and pronunciations taken from all modern languages and cobbeled into one united language for everyone to easily learn and understand}, could be loosely translated, since Akaviri=Japanese, Elven=unused in construction of Common, Cyrodiilic=Latin, Nordic=Ancient Germanic, Alik'r=Arabic, and... Any languages I forgot? ))

Emperor of Man
November 2, 2015
Lokonikah

(High Elves seem to be based off of Greeks, so: High Elf=Greek)

by Emperor of Man
November 2, 2015
Lokonikah

(High Elves seem to be based off of Greeks, so: High Elf=Greek)

Emperor of Man
November 2, 2015

(The High Elf ancestors built the Imperial City and many of their ideas were taken by the Imperials. Similar to the Romans conquring the Greeks and then adding Greek ideas such as democracy to their Empire. Also the Greeks were advanced in Math and Science and Literature at the time of the Romans, and High elves are advanced in magic. Just my interpretation . . .)

by Emperor of Man
November 2, 2015

(The High Elf ancestors built the Imperial City and many of their ideas were taken by the Imperials. Similar to the Romans conquring the Greeks and then adding Greek ideas such as democracy to their Empire. Also the Greeks were advanced in Math and Science and Literature at the time of the Romans, and High elves are advanced in magic. Just my interpretation . . .)

Lokonikah
November 2, 2015
Ahkrinfeynvokun

He frowns, not really understanding her question as only a couple of words in Basic came out, said words having roots in old Human languages... Strange that there could be humans where she came from.

"I don't understand you... This is a Jedi matter, way above my paygrade." He stands back up, grabbing a glass of water from an approaching medical droid, setting it next to the woman before steppong over her and reaching to the energy cuffs behind her back.

"I'm gonna regret this..." He presses a button, releasing the cuffs and replacing them in his combat harness. Afterwards, he stands up, walking away with a nod to her and a muttered command to the medic nearby.

by Lokonikah
November 2, 2015
Ahkrinfeynvokun

He frowns, not really understanding her question as only a couple of words in Basic came out, said words having roots in old Human languages... Strange that there could be humans where she came from.

"I don't understand you... This is a Jedi matter, way above my paygrade." He stands back up, grabbing a glass of water from an approaching medical droid, setting it next to the woman before steppong over her and reaching to the energy cuffs behind her back.

"I'm gonna regret this..." He presses a button, releasing the cuffs and replacing them in his combat harness. Afterwards, he stands up, walking away with a nod to her and a muttered command to the medic nearby.

Lokonikah
November 2, 2015
StrunLokSingh

(( I see! ))

by Lokonikah
November 2, 2015
StrunLokSingh

(( I see! ))

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  35  36  37  38 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.