Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm restarting, don't post on this

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16 

captainnate
October 22, 2015
Ok, your welcome :) ((<---Sarcasm)) I'm sorry but that is how I honestly feel, bye
by captainnate
October 22, 2015
Ok, your welcome :) ((<---Sarcasm)) I'm sorry but that is how I honestly feel, bye

Emperor of Man
October 22, 2015
FirstbornofAlkosh

I am so glad you said this. I was just saying to captinnate that Veyd Sahvoz kinda comes across as a bit of a jerk? He incessantly displays an desire to control every aspect of the rp and wont accept when something goes a way he doesnt like. He tries to play it off to not seem like a jerk but his intent is plain as day. Even his character skelly shows his narcissistic personality and his need to be in control. "Draconus" has literally every power that could possibly be imagined and no flaws whatsoever. When someone suggests that their character has a unique ability that no one else could do he immdiately puts that down with the obvious movtive behind the statement being that his character in his mind obviously could do that. He cant accept that someone could excel in a small area of expertise to the point of being able to do something that draconus could not.
Is this all in my head or am I correct in this analysis?

(Thread leaders have every right to do this.)

by Emperor of Man
October 22, 2015
FirstbornofAlkosh

I am so glad you said this. I was just saying to captinnate that Veyd Sahvoz kinda comes across as a bit of a jerk? He incessantly displays an desire to control every aspect of the rp and wont accept when something goes a way he doesnt like. He tries to play it off to not seem like a jerk but his intent is plain as day. Even his character skelly shows his narcissistic personality and his need to be in control. "Draconus" has literally every power that could possibly be imagined and no flaws whatsoever. When someone suggests that their character has a unique ability that no one else could do he immdiately puts that down with the obvious movtive behind the statement being that his character in his mind obviously could do that. He cant accept that someone could excel in a small area of expertise to the point of being able to do something that draconus could not.
Is this all in my head or am I correct in this analysis?

(Thread leaders have every right to do this.)

Veyd Sahvoz
October 22, 2015

(You know what I'm gonna restart the thread, fuck this why should I be the one down on this I'm not gonna let anyone stop me from creating the RP I've thought so much on)

by Veyd Sahvoz
October 22, 2015

(You know what I'm gonna restart the thread, fuck this why should I be the one down on this I'm not gonna let anyone stop me from creating the RP I've thought so much on)

Grolahmul
October 22, 2015

Name: Falaril Chaeus (Faal-uh-real Kay-us)

Race: Altmer

Height: 5 foot 6

Armor: Elven Gauntlets of Sure Grip, Orcish Boots of Strength, Ancient Shrouded Hood, Dragonscale Armor of Resist Fire, and Orcish Shield of Blocking

Weapons: Elven Sword of Gleaning, Nightingale Sword (Stolen from a Nightingale... How ironic.), Lunar Steel Mace, and Glass Battleaxe of Turn Undead

Magic Proficiencies: Restoration, Enchanting (I think that counts as magic.)

Misc: Has a slight stutter thanks to the war between the Nords and Elves. Former Dark Brotherhood member. Great pickpocketer.

Shouts:
Spectral Clone: Fiik lo sah

by Grolahmul
October 22, 2015

Name: Falaril Chaeus (Faal-uh-real Kay-us)

Race: Altmer

Height: 5 foot 6

Armor: Elven Gauntlets of Sure Grip, Orcish Boots of Strength, Ancient Shrouded Hood, Dragonscale Armor of Resist Fire, and Orcish Shield of Blocking

Weapons: Elven Sword of Gleaning, Nightingale Sword (Stolen from a Nightingale... How ironic.), Lunar Steel Mace, and Glass Battleaxe of Turn Undead

Magic Proficiencies: Restoration, Enchanting (I think that counts as magic.)

Misc: Has a slight stutter thanks to the war between the Nords and Elves. Former Dark Brotherhood member. Great pickpocketer.

Shouts:
Spectral Clone: Fiik lo sah

Grolahmul
October 22, 2015

I'm actually gonna have 2.5 characters. Here's my second skelly:

Name: Gol'diir (Or Gold)

Name: Ko'Do'Kar (Or KDK)

Age: IDK, what year is it, and I don't count age well wtih The Elder Scrolls

Gender (Both): Male

Species (Gold): Argonian

Species (KDK): Khajiit

Weapons (Gold): Dwarven Greatsword of Freezing, Elven Sword of Gleaning

Weapons (KDK): All bound weapons, Blade of Woe, Steel Shield of Minor Block, his claws.

Armor (Gold): Steel Plated Helmet of Major Illusion, Ebony Boots, Steel Armor, Dwarven Gauntlets of Sure Grip.

Armor (KDK): Ancient Shrouded Gloves, Elven Armor, Bound Helmet (Like the one in ES4), Steel Boots.

Shout(s) (Gold): Activate Apparition: Sii Griid Nau (I made this),
Spectral Clone: Fiik Lo Sah

Shout(s) (KDK): Remove apparition: Sii Bo Hond (I made this),
Slow Time: Tiid Klo Ul

Appearance (Gold): A tall golen-scaled Argonian, with a very particular arrangement of horns that only I have. I have green war paint coming from the sides of my eyes, makinig it look like my eyes are blowing green smoke. That's the only similarity between him and KDK, other than memories, which they share.

Appearance (KDK): A tall tan-furred Khajiit with a oddly dog-like muzzle. KDK is a druid, meaning he can turn into animals at will. I have green war paint coming from the sides of my eyes, makinig it look like my eyes are blowing green smoke. That's the only similarity between him and Gold, other than memories, which they share.

by Grolahmul
October 22, 2015

I'm actually gonna have 2.5 characters. Here's my second skelly:

Name: Gol'diir (Or Gold)

Name: Ko'Do'Kar (Or KDK)

Age: IDK, what year is it, and I don't count age well wtih The Elder Scrolls

Gender (Both): Male

Species (Gold): Argonian

Species (KDK): Khajiit

Weapons (Gold): Dwarven Greatsword of Freezing, Elven Sword of Gleaning

Weapons (KDK): All bound weapons, Blade of Woe, Steel Shield of Minor Block, his claws.

Armor (Gold): Steel Plated Helmet of Major Illusion, Ebony Boots, Steel Armor, Dwarven Gauntlets of Sure Grip.

Armor (KDK): Ancient Shrouded Gloves, Elven Armor, Bound Helmet (Like the one in ES4), Steel Boots.

Shout(s) (Gold): Activate Apparition: Sii Griid Nau (I made this),
Spectral Clone: Fiik Lo Sah

Shout(s) (KDK): Remove apparition: Sii Bo Hond (I made this),
Slow Time: Tiid Klo Ul

Appearance (Gold): A tall golen-scaled Argonian, with a very particular arrangement of horns that only I have. I have green war paint coming from the sides of my eyes, makinig it look like my eyes are blowing green smoke. That's the only similarity between him and KDK, other than memories, which they share.

Appearance (KDK): A tall tan-furred Khajiit with a oddly dog-like muzzle. KDK is a druid, meaning he can turn into animals at will. I have green war paint coming from the sides of my eyes, makinig it look like my eyes are blowing green smoke. That's the only similarity between him and Gold, other than memories, which they share.

Grolahmul
October 22, 2015

(Of course, that was copy-pasted.)

by Grolahmul
October 22, 2015

(Of course, that was copy-pasted.)

Veyd Sahvoz
October 22, 2015

(Umm Grolahmul I'm restarting the thread so you can put your skelly in once i've restarted :)

by Veyd Sahvoz
October 22, 2015

(Umm Grolahmul I'm restarting the thread so you can put your skelly in once i've restarted :)

Grolahmul
October 22, 2015

Okay.

by Grolahmul
October 22, 2015

Okay.

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 22, 2015

Stepping in to comment here.

It seems like some of you are new to roleplaying in general, so allow me to explain how RP's should work so that future RP's you participate in go more smoothly.

The RP master (in this case, Veyd) has absolute control over the adventure. He is not an enemy. He is not a rival player looking to one-up you. He is a storyteller, and he's here to guide you through the adventure he wants you all to experience. He is not just the Headmaster, but the Academy and all the world around it.

It's not a contest about who has the best character. It's about facing the challenges that the RP master throws your way and having fun together. If the RP master says your character can't have this or that power, that's entirely up to them. They're not trying to stop you from having fun. They have a plan for the setting and where the adventure is headed, and certain abilities might not work well with what they have in mind.

Follow the RP rules. Treat the RP master as a storyteller and not an enemy. Be patient and wait for the RP master to continue the story.

by paarthurnax
October 22, 2015

Stepping in to comment here.

It seems like some of you are new to roleplaying in general, so allow me to explain how RP's should work so that future RP's you participate in go more smoothly.

The RP master (in this case, Veyd) has absolute control over the adventure. He is not an enemy. He is not a rival player looking to one-up you. He is a storyteller, and he's here to guide you through the adventure he wants you all to experience. He is not just the Headmaster, but the Academy and all the world around it.

It's not a contest about who has the best character. It's about facing the challenges that the RP master throws your way and having fun together. If the RP master says your character can't have this or that power, that's entirely up to them. They're not trying to stop you from having fun. They have a plan for the setting and where the adventure is headed, and certain abilities might not work well with what they have in mind.

Follow the RP rules. Treat the RP master as a storyteller and not an enemy. Be patient and wait for the RP master to continue the story.

Veyd Sahvoz
October 23, 2015
Thank you Paarth, also could you lock this RP I already restarted it
by Veyd Sahvoz
October 23, 2015
Thank you Paarth, also could you lock this RP I already restarted it
<<  <  1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.