A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translation Suggestion Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 > >>  

Frinmulaar
October 26, 2018
JDLENL

One of the phrases Odahviing uses is "Rinik vazah", which he translates as "an apt phrase." Vazah isn't in the dictionary, but clearly it means phrase or sentence. "Vahzah" is, but it isn't a noun.

Quoted from the official Skyrim dialogue file:

rinik vazah = (QUOTE)very true(QUOTE)

As such, vazah is a misspelling of vahzah, and not an ambiguous one at that.

by Frinmulaar
October 26, 2018
JDLENL

One of the phrases Odahviing uses is "Rinik vazah", which he translates as "an apt phrase." Vazah isn't in the dictionary, but clearly it means phrase or sentence. "Vahzah" is, but it isn't a noun.

Quoted from the official Skyrim dialogue file:

rinik vazah = (QUOTE)very true(QUOTE)

As such, vazah is a misspelling of vahzah, and not an ambiguous one at that.

hellwolf
November 2, 2018
For love maybe lokaal? It originally told me that before it vanished.
by hellwolf
November 2, 2018
For love maybe lokaal? It originally told me that before it vanished.

Liis
Administrator
November 3, 2018
@hellwolf,

Lokaal is a fan-made word that has been shelved along with all other fan-made vocabulary hosted by the site. This thread is not for creating new vocabulary rather than finding all the possible English translations canon vocabulary can offer.
by Liis
November 3, 2018
@hellwolf,

Lokaal is a fan-made word that has been shelved along with all other fan-made vocabulary hosted by the site. This thread is not for creating new vocabulary rather than finding all the possible English translations canon vocabulary can offer.

hellwolf
November 4, 2018
@Liis k, thanks

Is there a place where I can see all the banished words?
by hellwolf
November 4, 2018
@Liis k, thanks

Is there a place where I can see all the banished words?

Liis
Administrator
November 4, 2018
@hellwolf,

They aren't banished, just shelved and generally unsupported. The dictionary is called the Legacy Dictionary and can be found under the "Language" tab.
by Liis
November 4, 2018
@hellwolf,

They aren't banished, just shelved and generally unsupported. The dictionary is called the Legacy Dictionary and can be found under the "Language" tab.

Kahvozein
November 18, 2018

This post has been deleted.

by Kahvozein
November 18, 2018

This post has been deleted.

Liis
Administrator
November 18, 2018
@Kahvozein,

This thread is for creating entries in the English-Dragon dictionary, not the Dragon-English dictionary. This means that we are only accepting English definitions to the existing dragon entries, and not making any new dragon entries.
by Liis
November 18, 2018
@Kahvozein,

This thread is for creating entries in the English-Dragon dictionary, not the Dragon-English dictionary. This means that we are only accepting English definitions to the existing dragon entries, and not making any new dragon entries.

Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Question: Why is "vomindok" so loose in how it can be translated (noun, verb, adjective) while "mindok" is only listed as a verb?
by Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Question: Why is "vomindok" so loose in how it can be translated (noun, verb, adjective) while "mindok" is only listed as a verb?

Dir
December 11, 2018

At the moment it looks like there's no translation for "Pieces" or anything related to something that has been fractured. Is this being fixed?

by Dir
December 11, 2018

At the moment it looks like there's no translation for "Pieces" or anything related to something that has been fractured. Is this being fixed?

Liis
Administrator
December 11, 2018
@Dir,

With an official lexicon of only around 650 words, there's bound to be many words "missing". As a reminder, this thread is for expanding the English to Dragon dictionary, and not the Dragon to English dictionary. This means this thread is only interested in finding all possible English translations that existing vocabulary can offer, and not making new dragon vocabulary. If you have an idea for which dragon word(s) can, through little reach, translate to "piece(s)", make a post.
by Liis
December 11, 2018
@Dir,

With an official lexicon of only around 650 words, there's bound to be many words "missing". As a reminder, this thread is for expanding the English to Dragon dictionary, and not the Dragon to English dictionary. This means this thread is only interested in finding all possible English translations that existing vocabulary can offer, and not making new dragon vocabulary. If you have an idea for which dragon word(s) can, through little reach, translate to "piece(s)", make a post.

Zinrahzul
December 11, 2018
@Dir for example the thread "How We Love..." by Ruvgein. It's a good exploration of that kind of topic. The Question Board is also a good way to ask more experienced people for help in conveying such words.
by Zinrahzul
December 11, 2018
@Dir for example the thread "How We Love..." by Ruvgein. It's a good exploration of that kind of topic. The Question Board is also a good way to ask more experienced people for help in conveying such words.

Dezinal
December 15, 2018

Is this a proper translation for invincible? I searched with the legacy translator and got "Niviik"

by Dezinal
December 15, 2018

Is this a proper translation for invincible? I searched with the legacy translator and got "Niviik"

Liis
Administrator
December 16, 2018
Hello Niviikdezin,

This question would be better suited for the Question Board. This thread is just for suggesting English translations for existing canon dragon language vocabulary. The best I can think of is Voviir (undying), which makes use of the prefix Vo- (un-) and the word Viir (dying). You could also try Unslaad (unending).
by Liis
December 16, 2018
Hello Niviikdezin,

This question would be better suited for the Question Board. This thread is just for suggesting English translations for existing canon dragon language vocabulary. The best I can think of is Voviir (undying), which makes use of the prefix Vo- (un-) and the word Viir (dying). You could also try Unslaad (unending).

PixyLord Armada
January 2, 2019

So I was thinking and started coming up with names that I couldn't find a translation. Here are my suggestions, please review if good. 

1. Viking - Rahgron-Bron. So far as I understand this means Angry Nord. A fitting name to the stereotypical fantasy viking. 

2. Pixy - Boroon. Fairy has a translation, "Paaz", but pixies are not the same as fairies. As a Pixy Lord, I know that. Boroon comes from "Flying" (Bo) and Arrow (Ronaaz) 

3. Mythology - Wuttey. From the world "old" (Wuth) and "story" (Tey). 

4. Member - Brodzey. From the word "clan" and "brother". The world should be gender neutral

5. Brown - Baht. Just because it sounds good. 

6. Yello - Krein. Just because the sun is yellow, and it is not unheard on languages calling a colour after something that has that colour. (The English word for orange, for example.)

7. Purple - Bii-Sahqo. Blue-Red. 

I try to come up with more if I can think of them. Pixy out!

by PixyLord Armada
January 2, 2019

So I was thinking and started coming up with names that I couldn't find a translation. Here are my suggestions, please review if good. 

1. Viking - Rahgron-Bron. So far as I understand this means Angry Nord. A fitting name to the stereotypical fantasy viking. 

2. Pixy - Boroon. Fairy has a translation, "Paaz", but pixies are not the same as fairies. As a Pixy Lord, I know that. Boroon comes from "Flying" (Bo) and Arrow (Ronaaz) 

3. Mythology - Wuttey. From the world "old" (Wuth) and "story" (Tey). 

4. Member - Brodzey. From the word "clan" and "brother". The world should be gender neutral

5. Brown - Baht. Just because it sounds good. 

6. Yello - Krein. Just because the sun is yellow, and it is not unheard on languages calling a colour after something that has that colour. (The English word for orange, for example.)

7. Purple - Bii-Sahqo. Blue-Red. 

I try to come up with more if I can think of them. Pixy out!

Liis
Administrator
January 2, 2019
@PixyLord Armada,

Thanks for the contribution, but this thread is specifically for suggestions of English translations that the existing canon vocabulary can give (canon vocabulary is any official word made by Bethesda Softworks); your suggestions of "Baht" and "Boroon" are not official words. Your suggestion of "yellow" as a translation for the word "Krein" is a perfect example of what this thread is for.

As for the word Paaz, it means "fair" as in "a fair day", and not "fairy". If you searched the on-site translator for "fairy" and got Paaz as a result, that's purely because of a misunderstanding by the translator.
by Liis
January 2, 2019
@PixyLord Armada,

Thanks for the contribution, but this thread is specifically for suggestions of English translations that the existing canon vocabulary can give (canon vocabulary is any official word made by Bethesda Softworks); your suggestions of "Baht" and "Boroon" are not official words. Your suggestion of "yellow" as a translation for the word "Krein" is a perfect example of what this thread is for.

As for the word Paaz, it means "fair" as in "a fair day", and not "fairy". If you searched the on-site translator for "fairy" and got Paaz as a result, that's purely because of a misunderstanding by the translator.
<<  <  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 > >>