Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translation Suggestion Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20 > >>  

Vokriid
January 3, 2019
I was always a bit triggered that there is no exact word for sense/touch/feel (which also includes the abstract/metaphorical meaning), but I think I found it, although I'm just 80% shure. Haalvut only means touch/feel with the hand. Therefore I think that it's obvious to guess that vut is the general word for touch/feel, because haal means hand.
by Vokriid
January 3, 2019
I was always a bit triggered that there is no exact word for sense/touch/feel (which also includes the abstract/metaphorical meaning), but I think I found it, although I'm just 80% shure. Haalvut only means touch/feel with the hand. Therefore I think that it's obvious to guess that vut is the general word for touch/feel, because haal means hand.

PixyLord Armada
January 3, 2019
Liis
@PixyLord Armada, Thanks for the contribution, but this thread is specifically for suggestions of English translations that the existing canon vocabulary can give (canon vocabulary is any official word made by Bethesda Softworks); your suggestions of "Baht" and "Boroon" are not official words. Your suggestion of "yellow" as a translation for the word "Krein" is a perfect example of what this thread is for. As for the word Paaz, it means "fair" as in "a fair day", and not "fairy". If you searched the on-site translator for "fairy" and got Paaz as a result, that's purely because of a misunderstanding by the translator.

Ohh... Well, then never mind. Wrong chat. Is there a place where Non-Canon conversations are held? 

by PixyLord Armada
January 3, 2019
Liis
@PixyLord Armada, Thanks for the contribution, but this thread is specifically for suggestions of English translations that the existing canon vocabulary can give (canon vocabulary is any official word made by Bethesda Softworks); your suggestions of "Baht" and "Boroon" are not official words. Your suggestion of "yellow" as a translation for the word "Krein" is a perfect example of what this thread is for. As for the word Paaz, it means "fair" as in "a fair day", and not "fairy". If you searched the on-site translator for "fairy" and got Paaz as a result, that's purely because of a misunderstanding by the translator.

Ohh... Well, then never mind. Wrong chat. Is there a place where Non-Canon conversations are held? 

Liis
Administrator
January 3, 2019
@PixyLord Armada

You could make a thread discussing non-canon vocabulary, but non-canon vocabulary is officially supported no longer, so we will not make any changes to the Legacy Dictionary.
by Liis
January 3, 2019
@PixyLord Armada

You could make a thread discussing non-canon vocabulary, but non-canon vocabulary is officially supported no longer, so we will not make any changes to the Legacy Dictionary.

Dezinal
January 16, 2019

Since we are not dragons, (not that I am aware of), does that mean that zu'u can be used in place of dovah to specifically mean 'me' instead of I?

by Dezinal
January 16, 2019

Since we are not dragons, (not that I am aware of), does that mean that zu'u can be used in place of dovah to specifically mean 'me' instead of I?

Liis
Administrator
January 16, 2019
@Indodez,

Yes, Zu'u is used as both "I" and "me".
by Liis
January 16, 2019
@Indodez,

Yes, Zu'u is used as both "I" and "me".

Ercal
January 17, 2019

i am new

by Ercal
January 17, 2019

i am new

Ercal
January 17, 2019

what?

by Ercal
January 17, 2019

what?

Ercal
January 17, 2019

what does that even mean

by Ercal
January 17, 2019

what does that even mean

Ercal
January 17, 2019

how do I learn words for my profile

by Ercal
January 17, 2019

how do I learn words for my profile

Liis
Administrator
January 17, 2019
@Ercal,

Condense your posts to as little in a row as possible. The only reason you should ever post twice in a row on the forums is to separate what would be very large posts.
by Liis
January 17, 2019
@Ercal,

Condense your posts to as little in a row as possible. The only reason you should ever post twice in a row on the forums is to separate what would be very large posts.

Jetze20
February 8, 2019

I want to suggest  vokun what means shadow

by Jetze20
February 8, 2019

I want to suggest  vokun what means shadow

Liis
Administrator
February 8, 2019
@Jetze20,

This is already an entry in the dictionary: (Link)
by Liis
February 8, 2019
@Jetze20,

This is already an entry in the dictionary: (Link)

Jetze20
February 8, 2019
Liis
@Jetze20, This is already an entry in the dictionary: (Link)

Sorry I couldn’t find it

by Jetze20
February 8, 2019
Liis
@Jetze20, This is already an entry in the dictionary: (Link)

Sorry I couldn’t find it

Dovahnator
March 8, 2019

if there isnt a translation for "c" then maybe we could use "cez" as it may make it easier to write things if the is a c involved

by Dovahnator
March 8, 2019

if there isnt a translation for "c" then maybe we could use "cez" as it may make it easier to write things if the is a c involved

Liis
Administrator
March 8, 2019
@Dovahnator,

Unfortunately, this thread isn't for creating any dragon material.
by Liis
March 8, 2019
@Dovahnator,

Unfortunately, this thread isn't for creating any dragon material.
<<  <  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20 > >>