Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim Concepts that don't Make Sense!

<<  <  1  2 

Necromas
November 13, 2015

I find It funny that the Dragonborn is this epic hero who defeats Alduin, and yet he can't even sit down and fish with a fishing pole. He can't even swing his sword underwater. So the next logical option is to use flames to kill the fish, shoot it with an arrow, or shout in dragon at the fish.

by Necromas
November 13, 2015

I find It funny that the Dragonborn is this epic hero who defeats Alduin, and yet he can't even sit down and fish with a fishing pole. He can't even swing his sword underwater. So the next logical option is to use flames to kill the fish, shoot it with an arrow, or shout in dragon at the fish.

Grolahmul
November 15, 2015
Necromas

You can only shout while swimming. You can't pull up your arms.

Also, the fact that Ebony is a metal in Skyrim. IRL, it's a sort of wood. So wood is one of the strongest armors and weapons in the game...

by Grolahmul
November 15, 2015
Necromas

Also, the fact that Ebony is a metal in Skyrim. IRL, it's a sort of wood. So wood is one of the strongest armors and weapons in the game...

YolGoraagKaazah
November 15, 2015
Grolahmul

Actually, that's called Ebony Wood. Ebony in TES is a made up metal, it gets its name because of the color of the armor.

Speaking of armor, Orcish Armor should be at least better than Daedric armor. I say this because everyone says "The Orcs are the best blacksmiths of Tamriel." yes, Orcish armor is the 4th best armor in the game but I think it should be at least better than Ebony. There's even a mod for this, it has a full article explaining this, here's the link. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60001

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 15, 2015
Grolahmul

Actually, that's called Ebony Wood. Ebony in TES is a made up metal, it gets its name because of the color of the armor.

Speaking of armor, Orcish Armor should be at least better than Daedric armor. I say this because everyone says "The Orcs are the best blacksmiths of Tamriel." yes, Orcish armor is the 4th best armor in the game but I think it should be at least better than Ebony. There's even a mod for this, it has a full article explaining this, here's the link. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60001

Necromas
November 16, 2015

Another thing, the wait and heal system. You just took 3 arrows to the body, your arms are severly burnt and sliced, and your crappy hide armour is in pieces on the ground. You're out of potions or don't want to use any, so you wait an hour. Poof, all you problems are gone. Your internal bleeding stops, your flesh mends over the wounds in your arms and body, and your organs magicly get rid of their puncture wounds. You'r gear automaticly restores itself, cleaning off the blood and mending itself so you can battle again. You just restored all your normal bodily functions to well, normal, by waiting for an hour.

by Necromas
November 16, 2015

Another thing, the wait and heal system. You just took 3 arrows to the body, your arms are severly burnt and sliced, and your crappy hide armour is in pieces on the ground. You're out of potions or don't want to use any, so you wait an hour. Poof, all you problems are gone. Your internal bleeding stops, your flesh mends over the wounds in your arms and body, and your organs magicly get rid of their puncture wounds. You'r gear automaticly restores itself, cleaning off the blood and mending itself so you can battle again. You just restored all your normal bodily functions to well, normal, by waiting for an hour.

Grolahmul
November 16, 2015
Necromas

Character's reaction: That was easy

by Grolahmul
November 16, 2015
Necromas

YolGoraagKaazah
November 16, 2015
Grolahmul

Was that really necessary? 

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 16, 2015
Grolahmul

YolGoraagKaazah
November 16, 2015
Necromas

Well it makes sense, but it doesn't. As they say, time is the best medicine. One hour? Makes no sense, about a month, makes sense. Good one.

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 16, 2015
Necromas

Well it makes sense, but it doesn't. As they say, time is the best medicine. One hour? Makes no sense, about a month, makes sense. Good one.

Grolahmul
November 16, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Yes. Yes it was.

by Grolahmul
November 16, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Yes. Yes it was.

YolGoraagKaazah
November 16, 2015

No it wasn't, it wasn't funny, and it wasn't necessary.

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 16, 2015

No it wasn't, it wasn't funny, and it wasn't necessary.

dovahnite
November 17, 2015

It's one of those things that doesn't make sense, but would be really annoying if it wasn't a mechanic. If you didn't have regenerating health (and by extension, wait and heal) we'd be doing like in past games and spamming Fast Healing every time we had enough Magicka anyway.

Also that would actually be pretty funny if equipment didn't automatically clean itself. By the time you get through Blackreach all of your armor would be perfectly red and you'd look like a walking fire ant :> Not sure if my GPU would agree, though . . .

by dovahnite
November 17, 2015

It's one of those things that doesn't make sense, but would be really annoying if it wasn't a mechanic. If you didn't have regenerating health (and by extension, wait and heal) we'd be doing like in past games and spamming Fast Healing every time we had enough Magicka anyway.

Also that would actually be pretty funny if equipment didn't automatically clean itself. By the time you get through Blackreach all of your armor would be perfectly red and you'd look like a walking fire ant :> Not sure if my GPU would agree, though . . .

YolGoraagKaazah
November 20, 2015

You can find a lit torch in a chest, underwater . . . 

Another really funny one I found: You can use shouts, right? But when there's a barred door, you can't open it, just "Fus ro dah" it or something.

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 20, 2015

You can find a lit torch in a chest, underwater . . . 

Another really funny one I found: You can use shouts, right? But when there's a barred door, you can't open it, just "Fus ro dah" it or something.

Rocko324
November 25, 2015
Freymulaar

Shoot a bandit. Hide behind a rock. Another bandit comes to look at the corpse. "I will find whoever did this." Shoot the second bandit in the eye. "Huh?" Hide again. "Must've been the wind."

I'd like some more variation in the behavior of injured enemies. Most should run for backup, some would proceed to thoroughly scan every corner. At least if they've also been shot ten seconds ago.

The struggle is indeed real.

by Rocko324
November 25, 2015
Freymulaar

Shoot a bandit. Hide behind a rock. Another bandit comes to look at the corpse. "I will find whoever did this." Shoot the second bandit in the eye. "Huh?" Hide again. "Must've been the wind."

I'd like some more variation in the behavior of injured enemies. Most should run for backup, some would proceed to thoroughly scan every corner. At least if they've also been shot ten seconds ago.

The struggle is indeed real.

Rocko324
November 25, 2015
Vulondovah21

I find how the Greybeards are chosen to be odd. 1. Are they chosen by the current members shouting from Hrothgar? Two, are they really old men who have been up there for a centry or two? Third, Are they just a bunch of people who decide, "Hey, I wanna go live on top of a freezing mountain with a bunch of old guys who live like hermits far away from everyone else"?

In essence, how the greybeards are chosen seems nebulous to me because it does not seem to be well explained.

The master Paarthurnax may know. Go to the throat of the world and ask him.

by Rocko324
November 25, 2015
Vulondovah21

I find how the Greybeards are chosen to be odd. 1. Are they chosen by the current members shouting from Hrothgar? Two, are they really old men who have been up there for a centry or two? Third, Are they just a bunch of people who decide, "Hey, I wanna go live on top of a freezing mountain with a bunch of old guys who live like hermits far away from everyone else"?

In essence, how the greybeards are chosen seems nebulous to me because it does not seem to be well explained.

The master Paarthurnax may know. Go to the throat of the world and ask him.

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.