Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"Unslaad Krosis"

<<  <  1  2 

Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015
I'm not completely sure that thank you is what it said but it's what I heard. I only remembered it because of the theories brought up in this thread. I have no official evidence that thank you is what the Draugr said.
by Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015
I'm not completely sure that thank you is what it said but it's what I heard. I only remembered it because of the theories brought up in this thread. I have no official evidence that thank you is what the Draugr said.

Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015

This post has been deleted.

Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015
Ignore that deleted post. I accidentally posted the same thing twice.
by Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015
Ignore that deleted post. I accidentally posted the same thing twice.

Sahruvthur
November 27, 2015
Well "thank you" is in English and "Zu'u los krosis" is dovahzul so who knows?
by Sahruvthur
November 27, 2015
Well "thank you" is in English and "Zu'u los krosis" is dovahzul so who knows?

Nilpaagoliik
December 4, 2015

I have heard the draugr say this many times. Someone in whiterun refers loosely to what the draugr say. The draugr say "unslaad krosis" and the woman in whiterun says something along the lines of "season unending". I think both of these refer to the time of the return of the dragons. And with some draugr not coming back to life I think its more of them decaying easily compared to others or possibly the embalming process

by Nilpaagoliik
December 4, 2015

I have heard the draugr say this many times. Someone in whiterun refers loosely to what the draugr say. The draugr say "unslaad krosis" and the woman in whiterun says something along the lines of "season unending". I think both of these refer to the time of the return of the dragons. And with some draugr not coming back to life I think its more of them decaying easily compared to others or possibly the embalming process

Sahruvthur
December 9, 2015

So if people still look at this thread, I did some research and the draugr are placed in the tombs to keep the dragon priests at rest, whether the bodies were placed there willingly or with force is a mystery, but they were placed there to stop the dragon priests from waking up, but since Alduin came, the dragon priests have woken back up, that too is a mystery

by Sahruvthur
December 9, 2015

So if people still look at this thread, I did some research and the draugr are placed in the tombs to keep the dragon priests at rest, whether the bodies were placed there willingly or with force is a mystery, but they were placed there to stop the dragon priests from waking up, but since Alduin came, the dragon priests have woken back up, that too is a mystery

Amphi
December 10, 2015

but sometimes draugrs say "die intuder" and things like that as well. If you turn subtitles on it will show what enemies (in this case the Draugr) say. It´s easier to translate if you have the spelling in front of you (if you´re not good at Dovahzul then, or are a beginner)

just a tip

//Clara

by Amphi
December 10, 2015

but sometimes draugrs say "die intuder" and things like that as well. If you turn subtitles on it will show what enemies (in this case the Draugr) say. It´s easier to translate if you have the spelling in front of you (if you´re not good at Dovahzul then, or are a beginner)

just a tip

//Clara

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 10, 2015

If you're interested in Draugr, Amongst the Draugr is a must-read. It describes a reasearcher's forays into a Draugr-inhabited barrow.

Here are all lines of Draugr dialogue from the game with English translations. All of them are battle taunts:

• Dir volaan! 'Die, intruder!'
  • Bolog aaz, mal lir! 'Beg (for) mercy, little worm!'
  • Faaz! Paak! Dinok! 'Pain! Shame! Death!'
  • Kren sosaal! 'Break (and) bleed!'
  • Qiilaan us dilon! 'Bow before (the) dead!'
  • Sovngarde saraan! 'Sovngarde awaits!'
  • Daanik Kendov! 'Doomed Warrior!'
  • Unslaad Krosis! 'Unending Sorrow!'
  • Aav dilon! 'Join (the) dead!'

The Draugr should not be confused with the ghosts at Rannveig's Fast, who are unwillingly bound to a sorcerer.

by paarthurnax
December 10, 2015

If you're interested in Draugr, Amongst the Draugr is a must-read. It describes a reasearcher's forays into a Draugr-inhabited barrow.

Here are all lines of Draugr dialogue from the game with English translations. All of them are battle taunts:

• Dir volaan! 'Die, intruder!'
  • Bolog aaz, mal lir! 'Beg (for) mercy, little worm!'
  • Faaz! Paak! Dinok! 'Pain! Shame! Death!'
  • Kren sosaal! 'Break (and) bleed!'
  • Qiilaan us dilon! 'Bow before (the) dead!'
  • Sovngarde saraan! 'Sovngarde awaits!'
  • Daanik Kendov! 'Doomed Warrior!'
  • Unslaad Krosis! 'Unending Sorrow!'
  • Aav dilon! 'Join (the) dead!'

The Draugr should not be confused with the ghosts at Rannveig's Fast, who are unwillingly bound to a sorcerer.

Sahruvthur
December 10, 2015

That's odd, all of the sayings seem to be insulting or taunting you, except for "Unslaad krosis" which sounds like an apology. 

by Sahruvthur
December 10, 2015

That's odd, all of the sayings seem to be insulting or taunting you, except for "Unslaad krosis" which sounds like an apology. 

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 10, 2015
Deyruvthur

Strangely enough, Paarthurnax does say unslaad krosis to express apology, but here I'm sure it's a taunt, meaning "you will have eternal sorrow!"

by paarthurnax
December 10, 2015
Deyruvthur

Strangely enough, Paarthurnax does say unslaad krosis to express apology, but here I'm sure it's a taunt, meaning "you will have eternal sorrow!"

Sahruvthur
December 10, 2015

Good point, nox hi for the link to that book by the way, very interesting

by Sahruvthur
December 10, 2015

Good point, nox hi for the link to that book by the way, very interesting

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.