Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Make-A-Shout!

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 16, 2014
BanditNation

Shouldn't shouts all have 3 1-syllable Rotmulaag, Words of Power? Most shouts in this thread have at least 1 2-syllable Word. In Skyrim, i've only ever heard 1-syllable Rotmulaag.

You're correct, ideally a Shout should follow that format. There is one instance in the Dragonborn DLC where Miraak uses a four-word Shout of sorts ("Ziil los dii du", "your soul is mine to devour"). This really shouldn't be thought of as a Dragon Shout though since it's not made up of Words of Power, but is an actual sentence.

by paarthurnax
February 16, 2014
BanditNation

Shouldn't shouts all have 3 1-syllable Rotmulaag, Words of Power? Most shouts in this thread have at least 1 2-syllable Word. In Skyrim, i've only ever heard 1-syllable Rotmulaag.

You're correct, ideally a Shout should follow that format. There is one instance in the Dragonborn DLC where Miraak uses a four-word Shout of sorts ("Ziil los dii du", "your soul is mine to devour"). This really shouldn't be thought of as a Dragon Shout though since it's not made up of Words of Power, but is an actual sentence.

Mulhahlor
April 4, 2014

I would make an elemental shout for lightning. "Qo Nos Strun", or "Lightning Strike Storm".

by Mulhahlor
April 4, 2014

I would make an elemental shout for lightning. "Qo Nos Strun", or "Lightning Strike Storm".

Mahlaansaviik
April 21, 2014

Zin Krif Jah, could be used to stop subjugated ghosts or free creatures under the control of the bend will shout. Maybe it could also be used to help Paarthurnax return to his senses if he ever loses control.

But if it didn't have to follow the format, mine would be Lusoz Aldak Riin / Kamehameha.

by Mahlaansaviik
April 21, 2014

Zin Krif Jah, could be used to stop subjugated ghosts or free creatures under the control of the bend will shout. Maybe it could also be used to help Paarthurnax return to his senses if he ever loses control.

But if it didn't have to follow the format, mine would be Lusoz Aldak Riin / Kamehameha.

Onikdojyah
April 23, 2014

I have experimented with creating many shouts pertaining to my ability to take pain away from people, but managed to make a shout, or at least make an attempt at making one, that affects the one affected at a more personal level, imbuing with determaination, bravery, but mostly that which gives them the feeling of the day being won. And hence I name this Shout, 'The Day Won.' Vur Mul Kron. I have also made a shout, or attempted, to represent and aid one in the battle embeded in each day of work, hence called, 'The Days Fight.' Hind Vur Grah.

by Onikdojyah
April 23, 2014

I have experimented with creating many shouts pertaining to my ability to take pain away from people, but managed to make a shout, or at least make an attempt at making one, that affects the one affected at a more personal level, imbuing with determaination, bravery, but mostly that which gives them the feeling of the day being won. And hence I name this Shout, 'The Day Won.' Vur Mul Kron. I have also made a shout, or attempted, to represent and aid one in the battle embeded in each day of work, hence called, 'The Days Fight.' Hind Vur Grah.

TRBagon
April 24, 2014

A four worded shout would be to go even further beyond.

by TRBagon
April 24, 2014

A four worded shout would be to go even further beyond.

Koorahlok
April 25, 2014
I would want one that turns you into a dov like
VULD FRUL DOV
by Koorahlok
April 25, 2014
VULD FRUL DOV

KrisEriksen
April 25, 2014

Name: Randomize Vitality

Words: Sos Kirt Arx (Blood Dry Damage)

Randomizes an enemys health, stamina and magica percentage.

First word: Anywhere between 100% and 75%, 5 second recharge, health only.

Second: from 88 to 50%, 10 sec. Recharge, health and stamina.

Last: 75 to 25%, 15 sec, both stamina magicka and health.

You have to rely on your luck. Good at high-level enemies.

(I made this a while ago on the TES wiki) 

by KrisEriksen
April 25, 2014

Name: Randomize Vitality

Words: Sos Kirt Arx (Blood Dry Damage)

Randomizes an enemys health, stamina and magica percentage.

First word: Anywhere between 100% and 75%, 5 second recharge, health only.

Second: from 88 to 50%, 10 sec. Recharge, health and stamina.

Last: 75 to 25%, 15 sec, both stamina magicka and health.

You have to rely on your luck. Good at high-level enemies.

(I made this a while ago on the TES wiki) 

Mulhahlor
April 25, 2014
koorahsu
VULD FRUL DOV

I said that would be cool in the Thread "What Shout is your favourite?" !

by Mulhahlor
April 25, 2014
koorahsu
VULD FRUL DOV

Koorahlok
April 28, 2014
Mulhahlor
koorahsu
VULD FRUL DOV

.i said unrelenting force or bend will
by Koorahlok
April 28, 2014
Mulhahlor
koorahsu
VULD FRUL DOV

.i said unrelenting force or bend will

Dahminnaalrah
May 2, 2014

"Harm All": Krif Grah Kron!!! A shout that when all words are used it Instantly kills ANY enemy, the downside is it can only be used once every game MONTH. Recharge Time: 100.

by Dahminnaalrah
May 2, 2014

"Harm All": Krif Grah Kron!!! A shout that when all words are used it Instantly kills ANY enemy, the downside is it can only be used once every game MONTH. Recharge Time: 100.

Titankiin
May 15, 2014
paarthurnax

I always thought a shield/ward type Shout would be cool, to deflect or even reflect incoming spells or Shouts; "SPAAN KREH FIIK!" or "Shield Bend Mirror".

Well, there's a weird thing when it comes to wards. In the game my brother and I were versing normal spell casters, ya know, and they cast wards, then BOOM! The wards deflect the Shout! It's impossible! Unless the Thu'um is magical, it cannot be blocked.

I'm sorry I had to let this out.

by Titankiin
May 15, 2014
paarthurnax

I always thought a shield/ward type Shout would be cool, to deflect or even reflect incoming spells or Shouts; "SPAAN KREH FIIK!" or "Shield Bend Mirror".

Well, there's a weird thing when it comes to wards. In the game my brother and I were versing normal spell casters, ya know, and they cast wards, then BOOM! The wards deflect the Shout! It's impossible! Unless the Thu'um is magical, it cannot be blocked.

I'm sorry I had to let this out.

Loniizrath
May 15, 2014

The Thu'um is magic though.

by Loniizrath
May 15, 2014

pokiemoon
May 16, 2014

I thought up a shout that wil make your enemys burn in heat. it should work like a circle with anyone standing in there burning.

frin ag krein or heat burn sun

I actually kinda like this one XD

by pokiemoon
May 16, 2014

I thought up a shout that wil make your enemys burn in heat. it should work like a circle with anyone standing in there burning.

frin ag krein or heat burn sun

I actually kinda like this one XD

Titankiin
May 16, 2014
Toxikyle

But It shouldn't be. It is a power, not magic. So you are saying that werewolves can't hurt mages when they use Wards?

by Titankiin
May 16, 2014
Toxikyle

But It shouldn't be. It is a power, not magic. So you are saying that werewolves can't hurt mages when they use Wards?

Loniizrath
May 16, 2014

No, they can't, since wards block a portion of physical damage as well. Also, powers ARE magic.

by Loniizrath
May 16, 2014

No, they can't, since wards block a portion of physical damage as well. Also, powers ARE magic.

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.