A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Dwemer in all their Glory

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

volzah zol
February 5, 2016

Sorry, but this post is going to be long. XD

First we have to look at ‘how’ the Dwemer return, and what changes, if any, have occurred to them. Many debate over theories on their disappearance. Where they wiped out? (clearly not if they’re returning) Where they imprisoned in Oblivion? Or did they succeed in their goal to become god-like, and spent the last 4000 years in Aetherius? Next, are we sure the Dwemer would return in force, intent on rebuilding, or even reclaiming their homeland? Let’s say for this debate, that’s exactly what they want, and that they haven’t achieved god-like status. Let’s assume the have returned from origins unknown, completely unchanged, other than the passage of time. They’re back, they want their kingdom returned to it’s full glory, and are prepared to take it by force. 

At first sign of their return, there would be a division in attitudes. Some would be quick to see this as a sign of godliness, and offer themselves as faithful followers, servants, and priests of their name. This has to be expected. The races of Tamriel are very superstitious and have been known to even claim men to be gods when they achieve slightly more than the average man. (looking you, Talos) The Dwemer would gladly embrace their new thralls, but not in the embrace the followers were hoping for. 

The Empire would debate over a treaty. If Titus Mede II is still alive, most likely he would convene a council to discuss ways of negotiating with the Dwemer. No doubt, agents of the Aldmeri Dominion would be attending this council, as this would be of utmost importance to them, given their own campaign of domination. Mede would be quick to want a peaceful resolution, knowing that the Empire is in no position to resist a Dwemer assault. They would call upon the other provinces, but this would fall on deaf ears. 

If Ulfric is still alive, Skyrim would once again wave their battle flags, and beat the drums of war. They would be the frontline of this war. Many who decided not to follow the Dwemer would find themselves more motivated to join the Stormcloaks. Even more so than during the rebellion. Now we’re not talking about religious freedom anymore, now we’re talking about a possible extinction. Victory, or Sovrngarde.

The Khajiit would be least affected. They would want to know two things: “Are our new Dwemer masters interested in buying and selling wears?” and “Do they have shiny trinkets this one can steal?” The cats are clever, they would find the opportunity in this, and one way or the other, they would survive unscathed. 

Argonians would either become a valuable asset to the Dwemer, or a troublesome and persistent foe. Even with all their technology, they wouldn’t easily march through Black Marsh, and their leadership would quickly find themselves under a Shadowscale’s blade. However, they might offer up their assistance, if it means getting payback for a millennia of oppression and murder at the hands of the Dunmer. 

It’s most likely the High Elves who would be most affected by this return. The Aldmeri Dominion prides itself on racial supremacy, control, and religious ‘correctness’. The return of the Dwemer would shatter the foundation of their very argument, and with their superior technology, they could crush the AD under the heals. The AD knows this. Their battle would have to be a more clever one than what they’ve had to use with the human races. 

And finally, the Dragons. No doubt the Dwemer have constructed machines that would effortlessly rip every winged wyrm from the sky. (Making Delphine a happy sociopath) But what of the Dragonborn? Someone who engages Daedra and Aedra alike, walked to Sovrngarde and back, entered realms of Oblivion, and mapped the edges of the Soul Cairn. How would they engage the Dovahkiin? 

That’s the question. 

by volzah zol
February 5, 2016

Sorry, but this post is going to be long. XD

First we have to look at ‘how’ the Dwemer return, and what changes, if any, have occurred to them. Many debate over theories on their disappearance. Where they wiped out? (clearly not if they’re returning) Where they imprisoned in Oblivion? Or did they succeed in their goal to become god-like, and spent the last 4000 years in Aetherius? Next, are we sure the Dwemer would return in force, intent on rebuilding, or even reclaiming their homeland? Let’s say for this debate, that’s exactly what they want, and that they haven’t achieved god-like status. Let’s assume the have returned from origins unknown, completely unchanged, other than the passage of time. They’re back, they want their kingdom returned to it’s full glory, and are prepared to take it by force. 

At first sign of their return, there would be a division in attitudes. Some would be quick to see this as a sign of godliness, and offer themselves as faithful followers, servants, and priests of their name. This has to be expected. The races of Tamriel are very superstitious and have been known to even claim men to be gods when they achieve slightly more than the average man. (looking you, Talos) The Dwemer would gladly embrace their new thralls, but not in the embrace the followers were hoping for. 

The Empire would debate over a treaty. If Titus Mede II is still alive, most likely he would convene a council to discuss ways of negotiating with the Dwemer. No doubt, agents of the Aldmeri Dominion would be attending this council, as this would be of utmost importance to them, given their own campaign of domination. Mede would be quick to want a peaceful resolution, knowing that the Empire is in no position to resist a Dwemer assault. They would call upon the other provinces, but this would fall on deaf ears. 

If Ulfric is still alive, Skyrim would once again wave their battle flags, and beat the drums of war. They would be the frontline of this war. Many who decided not to follow the Dwemer would find themselves more motivated to join the Stormcloaks. Even more so than during the rebellion. Now we’re not talking about religious freedom anymore, now we’re talking about a possible extinction. Victory, or Sovrngarde.

The Khajiit would be least affected. They would want to know two things: “Are our new Dwemer masters interested in buying and selling wears?” and “Do they have shiny trinkets this one can steal?” The cats are clever, they would find the opportunity in this, and one way or the other, they would survive unscathed. 

Argonians would either become a valuable asset to the Dwemer, or a troublesome and persistent foe. Even with all their technology, they wouldn’t easily march through Black Marsh, and their leadership would quickly find themselves under a Shadowscale’s blade. However, they might offer up their assistance, if it means getting payback for a millennia of oppression and murder at the hands of the Dunmer. 

It’s most likely the High Elves who would be most affected by this return. The Aldmeri Dominion prides itself on racial supremacy, control, and religious ‘correctness’. The return of the Dwemer would shatter the foundation of their very argument, and with their superior technology, they could crush the AD under the heals. The AD knows this. Their battle would have to be a more clever one than what they’ve had to use with the human races. 

And finally, the Dragons. No doubt the Dwemer have constructed machines that would effortlessly rip every winged wyrm from the sky. (Making Delphine a happy sociopath) But what of the Dragonborn? Someone who engages Daedra and Aedra alike, walked to Sovrngarde and back, entered realms of Oblivion, and mapped the edges of the Soul Cairn. How would they engage the Dovahkiin? 

That’s the question. 

Duryoljot
February 5, 2016

Volzah, my man! 

by Duryoljot
February 5, 2016

Volzah, my man! 

Duryoljot
February 5, 2016

I'm sorry, but I'll have to get to this later.

by Duryoljot
February 5, 2016

I'm sorry, but I'll have to get to this later.

I'd like to point out that Talos did achieve godhood. The Aedra themselves refer to him as a god and verbally state that he is the 9th divine.

A question is would the Dovahkiin that sided with the Stormcloaks stay loyal and fight the Dwemer with them, or would he abandon them in a protest for peace? I can see that the Stormcloaks might attend the council with a fixed condition that they cannot enter Skyrim.

by Liis
February 5, 2016
I'd like to point out that Talos did achieve godhood. The Aedra themselves refer to him as a god and verbally state that he is the 9th divine.

A question is would the Dovahkiin that sided with the Stormcloaks stay loyal and fight the Dwemer with them, or would he abandon them in a protest for peace? I can see that the Stormcloaks might attend the council with a fixed condition that they cannot enter Skyrim.

Malboviing
February 5, 2016

I think the dragonborn would remain neutral until he/she figured out the points of both sides, then chose which one was better. I believe, after showing himself/herself his/her abilities, they would readily accept he/she into their ranks. And the Stormcloaks, if in control, would instantaneously accept him/her. 

by Malboviing
February 5, 2016

I think the dragonborn would remain neutral until he/she figured out the points of both sides, then chose which one was better. I believe, after showing himself/herself his/her abilities, they would readily accept he/she into their ranks. And the Stormcloaks, if in control, would instantaneously accept him/her. 

Malice Mace
February 6, 2016

And the battle for Tokyo would begin.

by Malice Mace
February 6, 2016

And the battle for Tokyo would begin.

Malice Mace
February 6, 2016
I think the dragonborn's response to the Dwemer would be based exclusively on how YOU played your dragonborn. Too many loose variables that way. I'm more curious how the Orcs would respond to the Dwemer.
by Malice Mace
February 6, 2016
I think the dragonborn's response to the Dwemer would be based exclusively on how YOU played your dragonborn. Too many loose variables that way. I'm more curious how the Orcs would respond to the Dwemer.

Liis
Administrator
February 6, 2016
That depends which Orcs you're talking about, the civilised or barbaric ones? Or the ones in Orsinium?
by Liis
February 6, 2016
That depends which Orcs you're talking about, the civilised or barbaric ones? Or the ones in Orsinium?

Malice Mace
February 7, 2016

My question about the Orcs pertains to the Orcs living in the strongholds in Skyrim. Everyone seems to look over them. Neither side of the civil war is interested in the strongholds, so I wonder if the Dwemer would be, and if so, how would the Orcs respond. Would they rally to form alliances with the Empire, Aldmeri Dominion, or the Stormcloaks? Or would they continue to maintain an 'out of sight, out of mind' philosophy? 

by Malice Mace
February 7, 2016

My question about the Orcs pertains to the Orcs living in the strongholds in Skyrim. Everyone seems to look over them. Neither side of the civil war is interested in the strongholds, so I wonder if the Dwemer would be, and if so, how would the Orcs respond. Would they rally to form alliances with the Empire, Aldmeri Dominion, or the Stormcloaks? Or would they continue to maintain an 'out of sight, out of mind' philosophy? 

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 7, 2016

There seems to be a lot of misinformation in this thread.

When the Dwemer disappeared, they did not ascend to any higher plane, though that is what is intended. The predominant theory is that they became both the physical and metaphysical skin of the Numidium device. With the Numidium destroyed, it is highly unlikely for the Dwemer to return in any mortal capacity. I don't doubt that Bethesda would pull some lore strings to make it happen if that's what they wanted to do, but I don't think they'd go in that direction.

The dissapearance of the Dwemer had no effect on the Chimer (who became the Dunmer through unrelated events), and the Falmer (who grew to inhabit their Dwemer ruins).

by paarthurnax
February 7, 2016

There seems to be a lot of misinformation in this thread.

When the Dwemer disappeared, they did not ascend to any higher plane, though that is what is intended. The predominant theory is that they became both the physical and metaphysical skin of the Numidium device. With the Numidium destroyed, it is highly unlikely for the Dwemer to return in any mortal capacity. I don't doubt that Bethesda would pull some lore strings to make it happen if that's what they wanted to do, but I don't think they'd go in that direction.

The dissapearance of the Dwemer had no effect on the Chimer (who became the Dunmer through unrelated events), and the Falmer (who grew to inhabit their Dwemer ruins).

Malice Mace
February 7, 2016

I wouldn't say this thread is full of misinformation, it's hypothesis. It's only one of many theories that the Dwemer become the skin of the Numidium device. There are numerous theories surrounding their disappearance, and no one can say for a fact what actually happened. Many think they were simply reduced to ash, as early explorers into the recently abandoned Dwemer cities found piles of ash in places where people would've beed standing and working, next to suits of armor, in beds, etc. There's no solid evidence for any popular theory on their disappearance. Also I disagree with that point the their disappearance had no affect on the Chimer of Falmer. It had a profound affect on both, but most especially the Falmer. 

by Malice Mace
February 7, 2016

I wouldn't say this thread is full of misinformation, it's hypothesis. It's only one of many theories that the Dwemer become the skin of the Numidium device. There are numerous theories surrounding their disappearance, and no one can say for a fact what actually happened. Many think they were simply reduced to ash, as early explorers into the recently abandoned Dwemer cities found piles of ash in places where people would've beed standing and working, next to suits of armor, in beds, etc. There's no solid evidence for any popular theory on their disappearance. Also I disagree with that point the their disappearance had no affect on the Chimer of Falmer. It had a profound affect on both, but most especially the Falmer. 

Malboviing
February 7, 2016

True Malice.

by Malboviing
February 7, 2016

True Malice.

Duryoljot
February 8, 2016

Thanks for the save Malice.

I created this thread for discussion about how the Dwemer's return to Skyrim could affect the multiple races.

And do I not say that I will squash false information in my bio? Shameless Promotion, much?

by Duryoljot
February 8, 2016

Thanks for the save Malice.

I created this thread for discussion about how the Dwemer's return to Skyrim could affect the multiple races.

And do I not say that I will squash false information in my bio? Shameless Promotion, much?

Duryoljot
February 8, 2016

Anyways, the race I've always been sympathetic for, and always am intrigued by, are the Dunmer. Especially towards the Dwemer. Where would they fall? Would some feel resentful?

Now, Volzah very wisely found that the Dwemer could easily form an alliance with Black Marsh to conquer Morrowind. Already I can see a new time of misery for the Dunmer. One full of hate and conflict between races... At the heart are the Dwarves. The tension that had endured since ancient times would finally snap, all over Tamriel. 

Ooh, I do wonder how the Akavir would react if they found out! 

"Oh, the men and elves are squabbling are they? Let's see if we can't pull a few strings of our own!"

by Duryoljot
February 8, 2016

Anyways, the race I've always been sympathetic for, and always am intrigued by, are the Dunmer. Especially towards the Dwemer. Where would they fall? Would some feel resentful?

Now, Volzah very wisely found that the Dwemer could easily form an alliance with Black Marsh to conquer Morrowind. Already I can see a new time of misery for the Dunmer. One full of hate and conflict between races... At the heart are the Dwarves. The tension that had endured since ancient times would finally snap, all over Tamriel. 

Ooh, I do wonder how the Akavir would react if they found out! 

"Oh, the men and elves are squabbling are they? Let's see if we can't pull a few strings of our own!"

volzah zol
February 8, 2016

The Dwemer were cruel. Let's face it, they didn't have a good reputation for solid race relations. If they use the Argonian's ugly past of oppression at the hands of the Dunmer, they could easily manipulate them into an alliance. That could prove effective and deadly. Would the Akavir get involved, or would they merely raise an eyebrow and let the trash take itself out, then swoop in for the clean up before reclaiming the land for themselves? Would the Dwemer have the tools and know how to repel the Akavir? I think they would. I think if/when the Dwemer return, it will be with such technology the likes of which no one in Tamriel has ever seen or discovered in any ancient ruin. 'If' they succeeded in becoming god-like, imagine the power they would possess. Stuff that would dwarf (no pun intended) the Brass Tower. 

by volzah zol
February 8, 2016

The Dwemer were cruel. Let's face it, they didn't have a good reputation for solid race relations. If they use the Argonian's ugly past of oppression at the hands of the Dunmer, they could easily manipulate them into an alliance. That could prove effective and deadly. Would the Akavir get involved, or would they merely raise an eyebrow and let the trash take itself out, then swoop in for the clean up before reclaiming the land for themselves? Would the Dwemer have the tools and know how to repel the Akavir? I think they would. I think if/when the Dwemer return, it will be with such technology the likes of which no one in Tamriel has ever seen or discovered in any ancient ruin. 'If' they succeeded in becoming god-like, imagine the power they would possess. Stuff that would dwarf (no pun intended) the Brass Tower. 

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.