Klovyol unahzaal goraanmunne,
Pah werid nii erei klovaus
Ol wuthmunne ahst drem.
Vahpeyt alok ko pindaarre,
Nuz ni mindok nii, ni aus.
Nustro brit ziidein nu haalvut lok.

Frinmulaar
February 18, 2016

Getting better and better! Alun amativ. Klovyol is both creative and intuitive. What is the deeper meaning of ziidein? I understand it as "spirit-holding", an emotive state, or perhaps "spirit-holder", the physical form.

by Frinmulaar
February 18, 2016

Getting better and better! Alun amativ. Klovyol is both creative and intuitive. What is the deeper meaning of ziidein? I understand it as "spirit-holding", an emotive state, or perhaps "spirit-holder", the physical form.

Lovaasaar
February 18, 2016
Freymulaar

Thanks a lot ! I made ziidein as a synonym for "heart", for it's traditionally where the soul is to be found.

by Lovaasaar
February 18, 2016
Freymulaar

Thanks a lot ! I made ziidein as a synonym for "heart", for it's traditionally where the soul is to be found.

Lovaasaar
February 18, 2016

New poem : Pah evenaar.

Faal odus vulon zofaas.
Tahrovin meyz nol daan.
Pah kos kriist vokoraav.
Fen munnedeinmaar
Bo viingus wah daar
Lein tol lingrah evenaar ?

For this one I tried to create a sort of rhyme scheme based upon vowel length.

by Lovaasaar
February 18, 2016

New poem : Pah evenaar.

Faal odus vulon zofaas.
Tahrovin meyz nol daan.
Pah kos kriist vokoraav.
Fen munnedeinmaar
Bo viingus wah daar
Lein tol lingrah evenaar ?

For this one I tried to create a sort of rhyme scheme based upon vowel length.

Lovaasaar
February 19, 2016

Poem : Nid faasa.

Jotzahkriii kriist ahst dinok
Pruzahmindoli med mul nin
Fah daar unslaad hokoron.
Nid faasa, dii ahkrin aak.

by Lovaasaar
February 19, 2016

Poem : Nid faasa.

Jotzahkriii kriist ahst dinok
Pruzahmindoli med mul nin
Fah daar unslaad hokoron.
Nid faasa, dii ahkrin aak.

Dezonikso
February 19, 2016
I am very impressed with this entire thread and your progress with the language and its manipulation, Lovaasaar. Pruzah pel, fahdon! As a dovah of the arts, I really enjoy reading your poems (even if I cannot completely translate them at first glance quite yet), and I will look forward to reading more that you write. Perhaps we could collaborate on our writing if that interests you, as I am a poet myself. Ofan zu'u mindolle, let me know what you think.
~Dez
by Dezonikso
February 19, 2016
I am very impressed with this entire thread and your progress with the language and its manipulation, Lovaasaar. Pruzah pel, fahdon! As a dovah of the arts, I really enjoy reading your poems (even if I cannot completely translate them at first glance quite yet), and I will look forward to reading more that you write. Perhaps we could collaborate on our writing if that interests you, as I am a poet myself. Ofan zu'u mindolle, let me know what you think.

~Dez

Lovaasaar
February 19, 2016

Pruzah fah zu'u koraava tol hi werid peli !

That would be very nice indeed, if ever you want to rewrite what I posted in your particular way, it's also ok. Perhaps will we end with a collection of Dovahzul poetry.

by Lovaasaar
February 19, 2016

Pruzah fah zu'u koraava tol hi werid peli !

That would be very nice indeed, if ever you want to rewrite what I posted in your particular way, it's also ok. Perhaps will we end with a collection of Dovahzul poetry.

Lovaasaar
February 19, 2016

Here's a more melancholic one, a Wahlqethsegolsik untitled : Motmaha ulse.

Qethsegol wahlaan fah Harald
Bozeimokaaz wo lingrah kriist
Nau klo ruz ont motmah ko krah

by Lovaasaar
February 19, 2016

Here's a more melancholic one, a Wahlqethsegolsik untitled : Motmaha ulse.

Qethsegol wahlaan fah Harald
Bozeimokaaz wo lingrah kriist
Nau klo ruz ont motmah ko krah

Lovaasaar
February 22, 2016

New poem : Riiova. (The Spirit-Truster)

Sov tiid feykro
Ov maltiid ro
Do fin drem vulonro rii
Ko brom koraavsaan brii

by Lovaasaar
February 22, 2016

New poem : Riiova. (The Spirit-Truster)

Sov tiid feykro
Ov maltiid ro
Do fin drem vulonro rii
Ko brom koraavsaan brii

Frinmulaar
February 22, 2016
Could you explain your compounds?
I gather "sleep" and "blindness".
by Frinmulaar
February 22, 2016
Could you explain your compounds?

I gather "sleep" and "blindness".

Lovaasaar
February 22, 2016
Frinmulaar
Could you explain your compounds? I gather "sleep" and "blindness".

Well, when I look back at it, perhaps I should have let drem vulonro in two different words : I meant "the peaceful night". I'll correct it.
As for koraavsaan, I wanted to give the idea of "as far as eyes can see" by saying that you're losing your sight ability when trying to see it all. Ko brom koraavsaan brii would then translate to : in the beauty of the north you can't (wholly) grasp by sight.
Is this clear to you ? I'm sorry if what I write does not seem clear enough but I try to be very measured in the amount of words I use so that I'm not redundant !

by Lovaasaar
February 22, 2016
Frinmulaar
Could you explain your compounds? I gather "sleep" and "blindness".

Well, when I look back at it, perhaps I should have let drem vulonro in two different words : I meant "the peaceful night". I'll correct it.
As for koraavsaan, I wanted to give the idea of "as far as eyes can see" by saying that you're losing your sight ability when trying to see it all. Ko brom koraavsaan brii would then translate to : in the beauty of the north you can't (wholly) grasp by sight.
Is this clear to you ? I'm sorry if what I write does not seem clear enough but I try to be very measured in the amount of words I use so that I'm not redundant !

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.