Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul country on an island

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

I can call in a few favors from my Kiwi buddies, I guess.

by Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

I can call in a few favors from my Kiwi buddies, I guess.

Veyd Sahvoz
May 5, 2016
I will help though this whole island buying is confusing to me.
by Veyd Sahvoz
May 5, 2016
I will help though this whole island buying is confusing to me.

Suleyklokonik
May 6, 2016

This post has been deleted.

by Suleyklokonik
May 6, 2016

Silnu Dovah
May 6, 2016

so one thing i hav eto say first off, when we officially find out how to do this we must have all the proper cridentioals required then once that is done what kind of government "i would personally go skyrim government all out but less killing unless absoutly neccesary"

by Silnu Dovah
May 6, 2016

so one thing i hav eto say first off, when we officially find out how to do this we must have all the proper cridentioals required then once that is done what kind of government "i would personally go skyrim government all out but less killing unless absoutly neccesary"

Frinmulaar
May 6, 2016

Some rock in the Outer Hebrides, that's what I've been saying for a year. Although I was thinking of a mere summer camp.

I'm filing this endeavor under "thumbs up and bring the popcorn".

by Frinmulaar
May 6, 2016

Some rock in the Outer Hebrides, that's what I've been saying for a year. Although I was thinking of a mere summer camp.

I'm filing this endeavor under "thumbs up and bring the popcorn".

Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

I think we should find someone who can actually type in the proper syntax!

Anyhoo, as far as credentials go we are pretty much empty. And a Skyrim government will NOT work. It has never truly worked for more than a century throughout history. WAY too many feuds, assassinations... No, for an island splitting the land into holds ruled by Jarls (or dukes) under a High King sounds like a horrible idea. 

It's also too small for the dictaorship. Too many niches for resistance and dispute, unless one of us is absolutely horrible and cruel enough to somehowkeep us all in check. We should incorporate some kind of democracy, with a Senate ruling on mutual respect.

by Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

I think we should find someone who can actually type in the proper syntax!

Anyhoo, as far as credentials go we are pretty much empty. And a Skyrim government will NOT work. It has never truly worked for more than a century throughout history. WAY too many feuds, assassinations... No, for an island splitting the land into holds ruled by Jarls (or dukes) under a High King sounds like a horrible idea. 

It's also too small for the dictaorship. Too many niches for resistance and dispute, unless one of us is absolutely horrible and cruel enough to somehowkeep us all in check. We should incorporate some kind of democracy, with a Senate ruling on mutual respect.

Silnu Dovah
May 6, 2016

eh, i could set up a government that would work in just a couple of hours, and it would last several centuries, and so at that point it should be pretty simple

by Silnu Dovah
May 6, 2016

eh, i could set up a government that would work in just a couple of hours, and it would last several centuries, and so at that point it should be pretty simple

Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

I'm going to need more than that before I live on an island with you, man. 

Because if that's all you got, that you "can set up a government" in a few hours, then I'm afraid you'll be bankrupt and/or dead on your own property before long.

by Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

I'm going to need more than that before I live on an island with you, man. 

Because if that's all you got, that you "can set up a government" in a few hours, then I'm afraid you'll be bankrupt and/or dead on your own property before long.

Silnu Dovah
May 6, 2016

thats all your opinion burt i have demonstrated several that would work in several different ways that wpould all lasdt more than a few cwenturies and i have even talked to a few goverment officials who have sayed the same thing

by Silnu Dovah
May 6, 2016

thats all your opinion burt i have demonstrated several that would work in several different ways that wpould all lasdt more than a few cwenturies and i have even talked to a few goverment officials who have sayed the same thing

Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

Are you hearing yourself, no, you know what? Are you seeing what you're typing?! 

Provide me documentation, examples, because nobody in their right mind trusts any kind of official who speaks like you!!

by Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

Are you hearing yourself, no, you know what? Are you seeing what you're typing?! 

Provide me documentation, examples, because nobody in their right mind trusts any kind of official who speaks like you!!

Silnu Dovah
May 6, 2016

i never said i was an official, i have only spoken to a few, i have to go

by Silnu Dovah
May 6, 2016

i never said i was an official, i have only spoken to a few, i have to go

Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

Harrumph.

by Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

Harrumph.

Suleyklokonik
May 6, 2016

by Suleyklokonik
May 6, 2016

Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

Hopefully. Better than entrusting some random illiterate with our lives on a private island.

by Duryoljot
May 6, 2016

Hopefully. Better than entrusting some random illiterate with our lives on a private island.

KoraaviikDoPah
May 6, 2016

A democracy, as said above, is the best way to go in a case like this. We don't want one person getting too much power. The people living there would need a voice too. We'd probably also want some kind of Bill of Rights for everyone.

by KoraaviikDoPah
May 6, 2016

A democracy, as said above, is the best way to go in a case like this. We don't want one person getting too much power. The people living there would need a voice too. We'd probably also want some kind of Bill of Rights for everyone.

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.