Nucleomituphobia and Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia

by Pahvomedrah
October 6, 2016

Frinmulaar
October 8, 2016
Pahvomedrah

Nucleomituphobia means 'fear of nuclear weapons' and hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is 'fear of the diabolical number 666'.

Shulyolzunfaas and sunvaarsikfaas, literally sunfire-weapon-fear and beast-sign-fear. I like compounds based on word order without connectors.

by Frinmulaar
October 8, 2016
Pahvomedrah

Nucleomituphobia means 'fear of nuclear weapons' and hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is 'fear of the diabolical number 666'.

Shulyolzunfaas and sunvaarsikfaas, literally sunfire-weapon-fear and beast-sign-fear. I like compounds based on word order without connectors.

Firestar
October 27, 2016

Supercalaphragilisticexpialidocious

Pruzah, I guess?

by Firestar
October 27, 2016

Supercalaphragilisticexpialidocious

Pruzah, I guess?

Frinmulaar
October 27, 2016

I'm at a loss as to why this should be the case, but Wikipedia has a list of tentative roots for 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'. Apparently it means 'above-beauty-delicate-atonement-educable'.

That could be a passable compound in itself, but tell you what, let's take some artistic liberties. The original looks silly and lighthearted. Its sound evokes images that are both imposing and timid. Accounting for draconic values, I present:

Zokronahlaasodremaluninus.

This connotes zok most, kron win, nah fury, nahlaas alive, so melancholy, sod heroic deed, drem peace, mal little, lun leech, nin sting, and is capped off with the adjective suffix. It isn't quite so long as the original since dragon speech tends even more towards brevity than English. The OA's at the start and IU's at the end are there to create a phonetic aspect that moves from the large to the small.

How did I do?

by Frinmulaar
October 27, 2016

I'm at a loss as to why this should be the case, but Wikipedia has a list of tentative roots for 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'. Apparently it means 'above-beauty-delicate-atonement-educable'.

That could be a passable compound in itself, but tell you what, let's take some artistic liberties. The original looks silly and lighthearted. Its sound evokes images that are both imposing and timid. Accounting for draconic values, I present:

Zokronahlaasodremaluninus.

This connotes zok most, kron win, nah fury, nahlaas alive, so melancholy, sod heroic deed, drem peace, mal little, lun leech, nin sting, and is capped off with the adjective suffix. It isn't quite so long as the original since dragon speech tends even more towards brevity than English. The OA's at the start and IU's at the end are there to create a phonetic aspect that moves from the large to the small.

How did I do?

Ruvgein
December 7, 2016
@Frinmulaar
Nice job on that! Neat.

Now, how about a word about fingerprint types? "Subdermatoglyphic" ?
by Ruvgein
December 7, 2016
@Frinmulaar

Nice job on that! Neat.

Now, how about a word about fingerprint types? "Subdermatoglyphic" ?
<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.